Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.0

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am low-key flabbergasted (ehh not really) on how this is touted by some as being one of the best option for sensitive skin. I was running late to work and threw a tube of this in my purse because I just merely showered and washed my face but didn't moisturized my face. So when I go to work, I took a pea sized amount and worked it in my skin. I would say about 15 minutes later, my face began to itch like crazy. I wanted to wash it off but I had no back up lotion do I just dealt with it the best way I can. The next morning, several humongous cystic acne formed along the jawline, cheeks, forehead, and who knows where else developed and I couldn't get in touch with my derm because I was in between insurance (new job switch). I am now just getting my skin under control and as a lovely parting gift, several PIH marks remained on my face. So in the mean time I am using 0.3% adapalene gel and sunscreen and wishing it away. It is going to take at least 3 months for the scars to go away and I might have to opt for a chemical peel. The only positive, well several positives, that came out of using this cream are the following: 1. it is confirmed that I am extremely reactive to triethanolamine and perhaps shea butter , fragrance, and the soy component 2. this forces me to read every darn product and cross reference to see if certain ingredients are comedogenic for me. Anyways there is no universal standard on what makes folks itch/breakout/or other irritation to the face.

on 6/8/2017 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

i have been using this for so long keep going back to it especially in summer. This moisturizer does its job really well and its not greasy. This winter i have to use it with face oil because my skin just got so dry. Its super basic cream and also very cheap. easy to spread, comfortable to wear

on 2/8/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Not worth the hype. I'll admit my purchase was based off reviews in YouTube. It will not work for you if you have dry to very dry skin. At its best thus is a moisturizer that will leave you feeling dehydrated within 20 minutes. I'd suggest to use it in the summer IF you already own it. It's not worth the price either. Ridiculous price point for what the product provides. I regret this purchase from 2016

on 3/11/2013 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm skin care obsessed so of course I had to try this product. It basically has a cult following of models and makeup artists. However delve a little further and you'll realise that the aforementioned don't use this as an everyday moisturiser unless they have dry skin - it's just too rich otherwise. It's so famous and popular because of it's amazing priming abilities, rather than as a moisturiser. It basically can transform dry, dehydrated skin into plump, healthy and glowy in a matter of minutes. I've seen it happen on myself! The skin feels soo ridiculously soft and has a gorgeous, satiny-sheen not to mention photographs beautifully. Unfortunately it contains cheap, comedogenic ingredients such as mineral oil (2nd ingredient!!), Glyceryl Stearate and Beeswax. I have normal/combo skin and tried wearing this every day and even though I have an extremely thorough cleansing and exfoliating regime this still made me break out in those little bumps that seem to appear in clusters - typical of cosmetic acne from pore-clogging ingredients. However I'll still give it a 3 as it is very reasonably priced and has multiple uses - as well as a moisturising cream it's also a cleansing cream that gently removes make-up, an after-shave cream and a cleansing lotion for babies and children. It also respects the skin's natural balance (pH, microorganisms) and encourages the rebuilding of the hydrolipidic layer (the skin's natural protection). I have heard reviews of people burning badly from sun overexposure and this aptly named "24 HR Miracle Cream" helped heal and soothe their skin enormously. I won't buy again because I prefer Bioderma H20 as a makeup remover and something like a Vitamin C/hyaluronic acid serum to moisturise. I just feel like there are so many superior products on the market with far better ingredients. Also I see reviews mentioning that they thought this product might give them that "glow" - try an AHA/BHA product instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this famous cream for years! I was introduced to it by my ballet teacher when I was a child. I had no idea that model and makeup artists was using this. I was told that ballet dancers use this and it is so perfect when you are working out and it doesn't run into your eyes.

My best guess is that she bought a lot in France and took it home. This ballet teacher was really into being elegant, caring for your body, hair and skin. We learned a little bit about stage makeup also. This is a very, very nice basic moisturizer that is also multi-purpose cream. It can be used to remove makeup like a cold cream, used on baby's bottom, and very safe for all skin type. There is a hand & body lotion which has the exact same ingredients but in a lotion form. That does the same job as the cream and if you have extremely oily skin that could feel tight sometimes, this lotion is safe to use. The packaging of the cream is in a metal tube and I never had problems squeezing most of the product out. This is a perfect makeup base!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

There is a lot I like about this simple, French moisturiser. I have come across many moisturisers lately that have failed to penetrate the skin, or hydrate fully, and this has a great texture, feeling like a drink for the epidermis. I first heard about it from the Pixiwoo sisters on Youtube, who have it as a makeup bag staple. It does indeed make the skin feel smooth and plump, and I have no problem with it containing mineral oil. I can see how this would be perfect for lots of skin types, but I think I might have to exclude highly reactive from that list, and unfortunately that is the very type I have.
It is my left cheek that is most intolerant to creams, and it protests by producing small pink/red blotches and unevenness. I wouldnt go so far as to say I have dermatitis, but I love to have clear skin, and this left cheek thing does wind me up. Whilst this isnt a very irritating cream, my intolerant left cheek does blotch up a tad from it. For this reason I use it on my forehead, neck and dry spots, but probably wont repurchase.