Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.6

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the best moisturizer ever. I can see why it is a cult favorite of makeup artists and celebrities. It does an amazing job of moisturizing skin and give a healthy, dew like glow to the skin. This can be used as a mask, moisturizer and primer all in one.

I highly recommend giving this a try. It is now a staple in my skincare regimen and I can't live without it.

on 8/6/2018 4:35:00 PM

Edit: Dropped down to 3 lippies. It's a good occlusive but my skin got dehydrated when using this as my sole moisturizer. Will not repurchase. This is an ok emergency moisturizer, but not for the long-term.

---

DiaryofAiko's experience sounds just like mine. I use this as a facial moisturizer. It feel light, and weightless once absorbed. It has a strong scent that sometimes bothers me but sometimes doesn't. My husband likes the fragrance though, when he smells it on my face, so it may be a proximity thing. It does not break me out, and it gives adequate moisture and occlusiveness to my dry/dehydrated skin, but I definitely have to use a separate eye cream.

If this were unscented, if the scent were lighter, or if the scent dissipated, I would use it as a go-to weightless hand cream, but alas, it's not meant to be. My hands need a lot of it so the scent is heavy and sticks around.

I would definitely repurchase because it's a very good basic cream that does not break me out (seems like a lot to ask for these days) and I love the hygienic metal tube.

on 5/11/2018 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Basic but somehow great. It sinks into the skin and leaves a “layer” sort of like a primer would. I’m very moisturized without being greasy or oily and my skin looks calmed down the next morning when I use this at night. Works great under makeup or by itself. It smells fresh and light, recommend if you’re looking for a good basic no frills moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Like a lot of people here agree on, this is a very standard no-frills moisturizer. If you're looking for a specific benefit, such as brightening or exfoliation or other skincare goodness, Embryolisse won't cut it. But while this cream isn't some fancy jacket or frilly skirt, it IS my white tee that I can always count on.

A little about my history with Embryolisse: I first came across this cream because I was having severe cystic acne breakouts that required nuclear solutions which wreaked havoc on my skin. I needed a moisturizer that would soothe and hydrate without irritating my poor skin or interacting badly with all the treatments I was subjecting myself to. Out of all the basic creams that I tested out, Embryolisse is what I fell in love with. Below are a bunch of reasons why.

First and foremost, Embryolisse plays VERY well with others. I can incorporate this as a moisturizer regardless of what other targeted skincare I use. It also mixes well with other products. Some mixtures I use Embryolisse for:

- Add a mini-dab to my foundation or concealer for hydrating, dewy makeup that really blends into skin
- Mix with a retinol product (A313 and Adapalene are my go-to) to minimize irritation
- Add a drop of tea-tree oil for some breakout prevention
- Mix with aspirin paste to use as a face mask

The consistency is A DREAM. It's creamy like a cream, but also very fluid, which makes it blend and sheer out well on skin, without skimping on the hydration. A little goes a long way, and you can actually take a little and really spread it out without feeling like you're pulling and tugging on your face. It takes a minute to sink in, but it leaves skin feeling hydrated. While this is a rich formula, it doesn't coat your skin and leave it feeling heavy like all the other creams I tried out did.

PROS
- Versatile and reliable
- Plays nice with others
- Spreads out very well
- Great consistency
- Rich but not heavy

CONS
- Doesn't have any special benefits
- Might not work for those with oily skin
- Contains paraffinum liquidum AKA mineral oil which many people are against (I'm not, but to each their own)
- May break out people who are sensitive to mineral oil, shea butter, stearic acid (finding out what you're sensitive to is a worthy and beneficial endeavor)
- Does NOT contain SPF, which means you would have to incorporate other products if using in the daytime

As for the PRICE... It drives me crazy that a 75ml tube runs for $28 in the US, and I refuse to pay that price for this product, when it's so cheap in France. I rated the cost three lippies because my pride won't let me buy this cream for more than it's original tag (I mean, it's still a good value for a moisturizer but I like to rebel against hiked-up prices...it's the principle of it). However, I can get it for cheaper on Amazon (anywhere from $17-$20 for a 75ml tube, and I always vet the seller before purchasing), or from Costco, where you can get a pack of two 75ml tubes for about $40. Of course, you can purchase Embryolisse in France for anywhere from $11-$15, but I'll take what I can get!

This didn't do anything special to my skin. For my combination skin it was way too rich and using this as a primer made my makeup melt on my face. It was worth a try but I will use it up as a lip and eye mask and won't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with extremely dry, flaky skin, this moisturiser is a God send. I love everything about the formula of this product, it's very thick but not at all greasy. It's fragrance free as well so will be ideal for people with sensitive skin. And because it's so thick, it takes a few moments for it to really penetrate the skin and work it's magic. I've tried moisturisers in the past that soak into my skin immediately and still leave my skin feeling tight and dry. This does the exact opposite and I love it!

Don't be scared of the formula if you have acne prone skin, I do too and this does not break me out at all. My foundation goes on beautifully when I prep with this moisturiser and keeps my foundation looking almost freshly applied after a long day. I really can't recommend this enough, especially for dry and mature skins.

Although I love this moisturiser, there are some negatives I want too touch on, the first is the packaging. It comes in an aluminium squeeze bottle and this material makes it really hard to squeeze out product when it's coming to an end. The second is the price, this is the most expensive moisturiser I've ever used at £20 but it's performance definitely justifies it's price, however it's still A LOT of money for a moisturiser. The final con I want to mention is that this doesn't last very long. If you use it day and night, seven days a week you'll get about 2 months use out of it, however you can definitely prolong it's life if you use it sparingly. A little goes a long way with this.

Regardless of the negatives, it's positives definitely out weigh them and that's why I've been using this moisturiser for over a year. I would absolutely recommend this!

on 2/10/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and this is a nice, gentle, deep moisturising product.

I think it's mainly popular because it's a simple moisturiser with very few ingredients and a reasonable price tag! Not to mention that it seems to work for most skin types.

Why it's referred to as magic cream, though, I have no idea!

UPDATE/EDIT: After using several tubes of this, I belatedly found out that this was causing me to breakout! Won't repurchase again!

on 11/26/2016 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to be honest that my "Wouldn't buy again" response is a bit misleading - after all, I have in fact bought this product several times over the span of several years. The first time I bought it I must have been about 19-20 years old. I wasn't blessed with "normal" skin, but it wasn't as complicated as it is now (and don't we all feel that way about life the older we get?). So, back then, it was enough to keep me moisturised.

Now, however, I am older, hopefully wiser, and with more complicated skin. I have developed an allergy to parabens, get bouts of eczema on my face, and live in a cold, windy climate. Unfortunately, Embryolisse just doesn't cut it anymore. It simply doesn't moisturise enough, and I think it's finally time I gave up on this product, however fancy the French favourite makes me feel.

Who do I think this moisturiser could be good for? People in their late teens/early 20s, who have normal or only slightly dry skin. People with oily skin may find that it's a bit too greasy, in particular in the summer, but it may benefit them in the winter. It looks good under foundation, as long as you give it a few minutes to sink in first. So to those lucky ones, enjoy!

on 4/12/2016 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This moisturizer is indeed very moisturizing and works well under makeup but it has some highly comedogenic ingredients such steareth-10 and stearic acid. Therefore, I am unable to use it as it causes me to break out. Something to take note is that this also contains shea butter, which may also cause acne in some people.

If you're looking for a "simple" moisturizer like this, but without the comedogenic ingredients, I'd say check out Eucerin Original Healing Creme (the formulation without dimethicone). It doesn't break me out and is equally moisturizing as this one. At the end of the day, this moisturizer is a drugstore product in France, and I think many people forget that we have good formulations that are easy to find in our drugstores here in the States. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't always make it superior. ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Little background: I've used Clinique's Gel Moisturizer for more than 10 years; since elementary school. I have oily skin and oily-combination that peels in the winter, and in the winter I needed something more moisturizing, but I never found a good replacement. I knew that Clinique TESTED ON ANIMALS, but I gave up since a lot of big brands (Estee Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'Oreal, Maybelline) also test on animals. However, I recently decided that I can't support it anymore since there's completely nothing to be gained from animal testing.

I was really skeptical whether this would break me out, especially since this is such a heavy, waxy moisturizer, but I'm 2 months in & so far so good! After using Clinque for so long, this is definitely more heavy than I'm used to and in the summer it'll probably be too much for me. This is much more suited for people with dry or combination skin rather than oily.