Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.6

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin, normal to dry skin with mild rosacea on my cheeks (controlled with Finacea gel) and my skin just loves this stuff. I use it after night after cleansing with Clinique's Sonic Foaming Cleanser and wake up to very even toned, radiant skin. It does not clog pores or aggravate my rosacea at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am low-key flabbergasted (ehh not really) on how this is touted by some as being one of the best option for sensitive skin. I was running late to work and threw a tube of this in my purse because I just merely showered and washed my face but didn't moisturized my face. So when I go to work, I took a pea sized amount and worked it in my skin. I would say about 15 minutes later, my face began to itch like crazy. I wanted to wash it off but I had no back up lotion do I just dealt with it the best way I can. The next morning, several humongous cystic acne formed along the jawline, cheeks, forehead, and who knows where else developed and I couldn't get in touch with my derm because I was in between insurance (new job switch). I am now just getting my skin under control and as a lovely parting gift, several PIH marks remained on my face. So in the mean time I am using 0.3% adapalene gel and sunscreen and wishing it away. It is going to take at least 3 months for the scars to go away and I might have to opt for a chemical peel. The only positive, well several positives, that came out of using this cream are the following: 1. it is confirmed that I am extremely reactive to triethanolamine and perhaps shea butter , fragrance, and the soy component 2. this forces me to read every darn product and cross reference to see if certain ingredients are comedogenic for me. Anyways there is no universal standard on what makes folks itch/breakout/or other irritation to the face.

on 8/3/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, sensitive skin. Picked this up when I was in Paris out of curiosity; it is very affordable if you are buying it from a French pharmacy.

I started using it as a day moisturiser, after toning and serum, and before sunscreen. In the beginning I found clogged pores around the base of my nose and jaw line, but I wanted to love this product so much so I kept going. After a week of using it, the clogged pores cleared and I have not had any since. I have always had clear skin but this product has taken my skin to the next level. My skin is the softest and clearest it has ever been and I love it!

The only downside of this product for me is that it is quite a basic moisturiser so if you want brightening (or other) effects from your skincare routine you will have to get it from another product. I use a brightening serum so no issues there.

on 4/30/2017 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used a few bottles of this when I still didn't know how to make my own lotion & cream. It was ok. Nothing to shout about. I don't know why it's such a cult. Also it's quite thick... Not so good....

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

It broke me out completely. I feel like it was too think and greasy and it blocked my pores.

on 11/30/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On my skin: Very sensitive, prone to clogged pores and rosacea, when using the wrong products.

Pros: Comes in a large tube - resonable price as you only need a bit of product to moisturize whole face, feels very hydrating, creamy but non-greasy.
Cons: Contains fragrance and some comedogenic ingredients which may cause breakouts and irritation, not a good make-up base, can leave a shiny finish.

There are so many raves about this product, that I immediately wanted to try it, but unfortunately my skin didn't like it. It does feel very moisturizing but it irritated my skin and eyes and caused small clogged pores. But I also react that way to Mineral Oil and it's the second ingredient, so I should've known better.

on 11/4/2016 8:07:00 AM

This product is good, don't get me wrong. It's just not as good as I had expected, but, alas, I did have very high expectations on it. It moisturizes well but I can definitely see it being problematic for some people, as it takes a while to sink in and leaves a shiny residue.

on 9/6/2016 2:51:00 AM

I really like this moisturiser. It is very simple but so effective, my skin feels and looks so much smoother and plumper since I've been using it, all my small dry patches are gone and it is so nice to wear under makeup. In France it is very affordable so if you can get it cheaply it is definitely worth a try.

on 5/15/2016 2:42:00 PM

Overall nice product for skin that needs a more emolient cream. It leaves a silky residue but it doesn't seem to do moisterizing wonders perse. If you want a dewy/satin make up look put this under your foundation of mix with it it will give more glow and more shine. If you want a matte face don't use this. I have very pale and very sensitive skin and I respond well to this cream. It's not a good cream to mix with foundation it will be too greasy and the foundation will not set and lay an your skin even when powdered. So I don't use it often on clients anymore. I use a lighter cream and when someone is really dry or dehydrated I might use it on the areas. I don't know you don't really feel it sink into the skin..it lies on top more. But..I like it though so I would never tell anyone not to buy it but it is a bit too expensive for what it is. Maybe I'll come back on it later :)

on 4/12/2016 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This moisturizer is indeed very moisturizing and works well under makeup but it has some highly comedogenic ingredients such steareth-10 and stearic acid. Therefore, I am unable to use it as it causes me to break out. Something to take note is that this also contains shea butter, which may also cause acne in some people.

If you're looking for a "simple" moisturizer like this, but without the comedogenic ingredients, I'd say check out Eucerin Original Healing Creme (the formulation without dimethicone). It doesn't break me out and is equally moisturizing as this one. At the end of the day, this moisturizer is a drugstore product in France, and I think many people forget that we have good formulations that are easy to find in our drugstores here in the States. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't always make it superior. ;)