Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.9

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

If you are looking for a basic moisturiser and primer in one that leaves a beautiful dewy glow to the skin (with absolutely no shimmer – this is a moisturiser) then this is a great option. This looks beautiful under anything with a matte finish. I use this everyday under a matte mineral sunscreen (Paula's Choice Resist Super-light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30) and it keeps my skin from looking too matte and keeps the sunscreen from drying out my skin. It can however look a bit too shiny for my taste if I apply it too liberally.

It is quite moisturising, but I wish it was slightly more hydrating for my dry skin. I think this moisturiser mainly works by being nice and occlusive. It sets to a light, soft and comfortable film on the skin. I think this would work well for most skin types except those with oily skin. If you would like something similar to this in terms of look and feel, but more suitable for oily/combination skin and less moisturising, then Glossier Priming Moisturizer would be a good option.

It has light fragrance, but it hasn't irritated my skin. I find this keeps my skin from becoming too irritated when I have been cleaning my skin more frequently from trying out new products. I have acne-prone skin and this has not caused me any breakouts or clogged pores.

This moisturiser doesn't contain a lot of exciting ingredients for the skin, so I would only recommend you buy it for the look and feel. It does work to moisturise the skin, but that is pretty much all it does from a skincare perspective.

Overall though, I really like this as a nice basic moisturiser that instantly makes the skin look nice with a beautiful dewy glow. You get a nice amount of product for the price. I have used a whole tube of this and I will repurchase this soon.

on 1/6/2019 8:41:00 AM

Being a fan of skincare and John Maclean, I couldn't resist picking this up and I don't regret it at all. Its texture is a mix between cream and serum which I love, yet is just as moisturising as any heavy duty cream. I would say for oily skin, it might be a tad too moisturising, but it's a definite recommendation for winter. I usually stay away from scented products due to my acne, but this one didn't cause me any breakouts and the scent is lovely and subtle enough for me not to mind too much. In the UK, it's £20 for 75ml which I do find to be a tad too pricey, though. But if you've got the money or you feel an urge to splurge this is a definite recommendation.

on 8/7/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Have been using this for 1.5 years, bought this in France where it is very affordable, anywhere overseas (eg Australia where I am) it is very overpriced. It's received a lot of hype from famous make up artists who use this back stage for shows and shoots.

+ Basic and hydrating moisturiser
+ Portable packaging
+ Good value in France, overseas not so much
+ Many purpose (mask, cream cleanser, moisturiser, primer)
+ Nice consistency, viscous enough to spread around the face and absorbs quickly without being oily.

- Contains mineral oil, if this is a concern
- No added benefit besides being emollient

I still have one tube left, I'll leave it for travel purposes as the packaging is great for that and can squeeze down small to get all the product out. After that I won't repurchase. I prefer serums or hydrators with more powerful ingredients than the ones in this.

on 6/26/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I just finished my second tube of this miracle cream and can honestly say I will never go without it. First, it works perfectly with my acne prone, dry skin, does not irritate or make me flare up. Second, your skin will drink this up, the cream is a milky texture and leaves your skin feeling plumped, hydrated and primed.

I use this twice daily and have seen considerably improvement in the plumpness and hydration of my face. My face feels quenched and soothed after using it, my only con would be the price and availability but it is without a doubt worth every penny.

I had read so much about people liking this (all the backstage secrets kind of articles, how this is used at runway shows and is a great base), but also reviews about how it might be too rich. After requesting a tube from my brother when he was traveling in France, I was excited to try it myself - and after overcoming some nervousness about possible breaking out, I'm very happy with it. I can't find it in Canada except online, where it is about $50 CAD for the 2.54 Fl Oz (about 75ml), I find this a still a good price but will also have to pay shipping etc which inflates the price.

Part of why some don't like it is the shea butter and beeswax. As someone petrified to break out (had a period in my 20's with adult acne), I am loathe to try anything that has a whiff of pimple-possibility. The other side is that I have noticed how much better my skin now reacts to richer moisturizer than it did when I was younger: in my 20's, I fought feeling like an oily mess; now in my late 30's, richer creams actually help me feel less oily and my skin drinks it up, helping makeup sit better and last longer (not to mention feeling delicious). Some don't recommend it for daytime use, as it is rich, but I'm fine with it. I don't need to use a lot to get great results. It will be more of a winter product for me, as I know in the summer I will be sweating and need something lighter.

In an aluminum tube, which I love, and a very light & pleasant smell, I like this product but wish it was easier to get.

on 2/10/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and this is a nice, gentle, deep moisturising product.

I think it's mainly popular because it's a simple moisturiser with very few ingredients and a reasonable price tag! Not to mention that it seems to work for most skin types.

Why it's referred to as magic cream, though, I have no idea!

UPDATE/EDIT: After using several tubes of this, I belatedly found out that this was causing me to breakout! Won't repurchase again!

on 1/28/2017 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I can't tolerate most moisturizers. Although I am Sicilian and was blessed with very oily skin in my youth, as I've gotten older and used more retinoids like A313 and Differin, my skin has become drier. Most other moisturizers I've tried seem to fill in my pores and give me blackheads or breakouts, but this is the first one I've found that protects my skin and doesn't make me break out. This is an amazing balm that lasts a long time.

If I were using it as a makeup remover, I could see how it would be easy to burn through a tube quickly, but I just use it as a mask and moisturizer. I bought a tube on Amazon for around $18, and even with twice-daily use, I've only used half the tube over about 6 weeks. I squeeze the tube from the bottom and it's completely flat with no waste, and I like that the metal tube is recyclable. This cream is a lifesaver for the winter time, when my skin is extra-dry. It is a wonderful skin protectant.

I normally prefer fragrance-free products, and although I wish this cream came in a fragrance-free formula, the scent is very light and disappears eventually. I wear a CPAP mask at night and this cream doesn't interfere with the mask at all. I am thrilled to have found this cream and I will definitely repurchase.

Edit: I am now using pure hyaluronic acid on my face for moisturizing, but I still love using this cream on my neck and chest/decolletage.

I heard a lot of good things from make up artists that often use this cream, so I decided to give it a try myself.

On the packaging it says for all skin types. I have a very sensitive combination skin with a really oily T-zone.
Gosh, this product felt so heavy on my skin! Even though i applied a small amount of it, it felt like my skin couldn't breathe..

Stupid as i was, i decided to used it for a few days, to see the result on a longer term.. But it was a big no for me. My skin got even more oily and i got break-outs everywhere, even on places i normally get no break-outs.

I'm sure this cream is really good for dry skins, because it is super rich.
But for oily skins it is too heavy and so for me a waste of money.

So I would only recommend if you have a dry skin!

This cream deserves its cult-like status within the skincare world. I have been using this every day under my makeup for two weeks, and every day I like it more and more. When I first started using it, I thought it was too light and not hydrating enough. The fact that there's no spf was also a big turn off for me. But surprisingly, the cream seemed to adapt to my skin over time and every day it seems to be getting better. After using this for a week, my skin actually became more hydrated, less flaky and my makeup now goes on much easier in the morning. Wearing this underneath my skin as a primer/day cream gives my makeup a very silky finish without any shine. I am reluctantly very impressed with this cream and will likely buy it again.

on 5/11/2015 2:22:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as it is a very highly raved about product, but it didn't work for me at all. I have dry-combo skin, and this cream didn't help with the dryness + seemed to clog my pores so I stopped using it after a weak =/

I don't really have positives to say, the main cons for me:
- a bit greasy/"sits on the skin"
- no noticeable relief for dry skin
- comedogenic (from experience and several of the ingredients are not recommended for acne prone skin, such as, Stearic Acid, Triethanol amine, and Steareth-10)
- quite strongly perfumed (although not an unpleasant smell, fragrance is an unnecessary irritant)