Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.5

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer grew on me. At first, I thought it was too thick and was concerned it might be clogging my pores and causing breakouts. As it turns out, however, I was reacting to a foundation that also includes SPF, which my normally dry skin hates and always breaks out from, so once I stopped using the foundation, the breakouts cleared, even though my use of this moisturizer continued. That said, I have learned also that a little goes an extremely LONG way with this product, so I also may have been applying too much to begin with, And also as a word of caution, this moisturizer does contain some small amounts of shea butter, which can cause breakouts for people, although I am not personally clogged by the ingredient in most things and not with this.

This said, when used properly, this is a GREAT moisturizer for day or night, face, neck or body. This also incidentally really acts well under makeup and has an added effect at least for me in refining pore size and really smoothing out skin texture. So I really love it, but because of some of the ingredients and the medium to semi-rich texture I would not recommend this to people with oily or combo/oily skin or those who are exceptionally acne-prone. Everyone else, remember a little dab will do ya.

This also works great to clean up eye makeup mistakes, a small dollop of this rolled on to a Q tip cleans up a lot of cat eye errors. LOL.

My biggest gripe with this moisturizer is that though the cream has a rich texture, the consistency is actually somehow pretty fluid. While this makes the cream very spreadable and easier to work with than if it would be truly as thick as it might seem to be and for as rich as its ingredients make it sit on the skin, the fluidity of the cream makes it run out of the tube extremely easily and with little pressure applied to the tube, so too much product squeezes out at once, meaning you waste product. And while $16 for 2.54 oz is not the worst price tag for a nondrugstore and foreign (I am from America) moisturizer, I never want to unuduly waste a product, so I HATE the packaging. So for this reason, I like it, but I don't love, and I have purposes for it and would recommend it to others for a try, but I could easily see myself moving on. I am looking forward to trying the Cerave PM facial moisturizer (for both day and nighttime use to avoid the SPF included in their day lotion) next, as it seems to have great ingredients, and for the fact of it being packaged in a (lockable) pump bottle style,

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this moisturiser so much, i bought the travel size HOWEVER it broke me out like crazy! I used it for about 4 days and couldn't use it anymore due to the fact it would clog my pores. I know it was this causing the breakouts because it was the only thing which i changed in my routine and addition to this i put it down my neck and i had 1 spot there and i never break out on my neck?

If you don't have skin sensitive to clogging then i'de say go for it but i can't because of the fact it'll break me out. It moisturises like a dream though i'de only suggest it from people with super dry skin!

on 6/11/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this formulation very much. Call it boring, but a mineral oil based cream/lotion works very very well for me. This is more of a lotion and it sinks in quickly and seems to plump up my dehydrated skin pretty quickly. It does not dissipate from my face like lighter lotions do. I apply after I shower and let it sink in and then a moisturizing sunscreen over it. It does not make anything I apply after it ball up. No actives in this, it's very basic and too much money for what you get. I do not detect a fragrance in this. If I could find such a formulation in the drugstore, I would certainly go there, but I haven't so far. I am not so sure that I will repurchase but I just may if I can't find anything else comparable.

on 1/11/2014 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have finally found my hg moisturizer! I have extremely sensitive dry skin and this is doing the trick. I am usually allergic to fragrances but this is not bothering me at all. I had a small sample tube that lasted a week and then I ordered a larger tube. I easily found this online.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have super dry skin and I'm always on the lookout for a good moisturizer without sunscreen (which I apply separately). I didn't realize when I purchased that this contains mineral oil. It's listed as "Paraffinum Liquidum" on the ingredient list. I'm sort of on the fence about mineral oil. I don't love it, especially at this price point. However, on my super dry skin, this does a great job of making it feel hydrated and providing a nice, even base for makeup application (not so much for any other serums or products that you want to actually sink into the skin.)

This is a nice moisturizer, but it's not fantastic, especially at this price point. I don't feel like it does anything more for my skin that I would get from applying considerably more cost effective product like Aveeno or Cetaphil and for this much money, I would prefer to buy a mid-range or higher end moisturizer that performs better.

It also is packaged in a metal tube,which just annoys the crap out of me because it's so hard to get all of the product out.

I feel like at this price point (in the US) I want some luxury. And there isn't a speck of luxury to be found here. It is a very servicable, boring moisturizer with no bells and whistles. In the future, I will be saving my money and buying at the drugstore.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm ending up changing this entire review! This product didn't work for my face AT ALL. It made my skin kind of dull and just blah overall, and my makeup didn't sit very well over it. Thoroughly disappointed, I shelved it for a while. One day, however, I decided to give it a try on my hands and omfg, it is a godsend. My hands are insanely dry and cracked and this product works amazingly well for them. Not a waste of money after all!