Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

If you are looking for a basic moisturiser and primer in one that leaves a beautiful dewy glow to the skin (with absolutely no shimmer – this is a moisturiser) then this is a great option. This looks beautiful under anything with a matte finish. I use this everyday under a matte mineral sunscreen (Paula's Choice Resist Super-light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30) and it keeps my skin from looking too matte and keeps the sunscreen from drying out my skin. It can however look a bit too shiny for my taste if I apply it too liberally.

It is quite moisturising, but I wish it was slightly more hydrating for my dry skin. I think this moisturiser mainly works by being nice and occlusive. It sets to a light, soft and comfortable film on the skin. I think this would work well for most skin types except those with oily skin. If you would like something similar to this in terms of look and feel, but more suitable for oily/combination skin and less moisturising, then Glossier Priming Moisturizer would be a good option.

It has light fragrance, but it hasn't irritated my skin. I find this keeps my skin from becoming too irritated when I have been cleaning my skin more frequently from trying out new products. I have acne-prone skin and this has not caused me any breakouts or clogged pores.

This moisturiser doesn't contain a lot of exciting ingredients for the skin, so I would only recommend you buy it for the look and feel. It does work to moisturise the skin, but that is pretty much all it does from a skincare perspective.

Overall though, I really like this as a nice basic moisturiser that instantly makes the skin look nice with a beautiful dewy glow. You get a nice amount of product for the price. I have used a whole tube of this and I will repurchase this soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin, normal to dry skin with mild rosacea on my cheeks (controlled with Finacea gel) and my skin just loves this stuff. I use it after night after cleansing with Clinique's Sonic Foaming Cleanser and wake up to very even toned, radiant skin. It does not clog pores or aggravate my rosacea at all.

on 3/2/2018 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like it, but I wish they had a fragrance-free option.
When my skin is feeling extra sensitive, I get red splotches after applying the cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After trying in vain to locate this cream locally (apparently some Shoppers Drug Mart stores carry it but all the ones I called had never even heard of it), I had my hubby throw this in with an order he was placing at Amazon.ca. Why the heck did I wait SO long to to try this? It is an absolutely wonderful product and the low repurchase rating really surprises me. In many ways it reminds me of my beloved Nivea cream (the original one in the blue metal tin) except that Embryolisse is so much easier to apply - no need to liquefy and rub - it applies so smoothly and gently and absorbs right away. My skin literally seems to drink this stuff in with no greasy residue left behind. I love that, for daytime, it's a moisturizer and primer all in one step. And compared to some of the face creams I have used over the years, the price of this is actually really good, though I cannot help looking forward to a trip to France so I can buy this in a pharmacy there! I can barely detect any scent at all with this and what there is is not at all unpleasant or like plastic; it's just a light, slightly "cosmetic-y floral" smell. This will be a backbone product in my skin care for eternity!

AUGUST 2018 update: YAY! Just last week and quite by accident, I discovered that a Shoppers Drug Mart location right near my gym actually carries this. I am so happy not to have to order online or trek 20 kms from home to get it and that I can also get it for 20% off if I purchase on a Thursday AND get points for it (or buy it outright with my Optimum points). I purchased a back up tube of this last Thursday because I like the cream so much and it's surprising to me but I can even use this during at night during the hot summer months.

on 1/13/2018 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Use this as a mask in the evening. I then wash it off, apply my night cream and my skin feels deeply moisturized, not just on the surface. It is also perfect to use after an acid peel.

I've only been using this a short time and I'm sure this is the beginning of a life long relationship. There is definitely a reason this is a classic.
This is a very basic moisturizer, which is one of my favorite things about it. The short ingredient list means my super sensitive skin doesn't freak out. I love to use this as a final layer of moisturizer to seal everything in.
The price is great for the amount of product you get and you only need a tiny amount.

on 8/3/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, sensitive skin. Picked this up when I was in Paris out of curiosity; it is very affordable if you are buying it from a French pharmacy.

I started using it as a day moisturiser, after toning and serum, and before sunscreen. In the beginning I found clogged pores around the base of my nose and jaw line, but I wanted to love this product so much so I kept going. After a week of using it, the clogged pores cleared and I have not had any since. I have always had clear skin but this product has taken my skin to the next level. My skin is the softest and clearest it has ever been and I love it!

The only downside of this product for me is that it is quite a basic moisturiser so if you want brightening (or other) effects from your skincare routine you will have to get it from another product. I use a brightening serum so no issues there.

I wanted to love this product. I've been using Alpha 12% Glycolic Soufflé as a lotion for years and felt it was time to up my moisturizer game so I purchased Embryolisse due to the cult status of the product. I have acne prone skin that I maintain well with my current regimine. I gave this a week trial and I now have huge cystic acne that has popped up all over my face so overall, not for me. I found this product to be incredibly greasy and although there was a layer of grease on my face the product didn't moisturize leaving me with large rough, dry patches. Pass.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Before I really started doing a skincare regimen I just washed my face and applied moisturizer at night. I used Embryolisse consistently for a couple of years, and it did its job perfectly well. I have combo skin and it kept me hydrated overnight and even healed the very dry patches on my chin after a few weeks. I find Embryolisse to be much to heavy and oily to wear under makeup, but for night it is very good. Since I use a lot of different skincare products with moisturizing properties now I don't need such a rich moisturizer, but if I had to pare down to one or two products I'd consider re-adding this to my routine.

on 5/2/2017 6:35:00 PM

Very nice moisturizer. It's not too thin or thick. Sinks into the skin nicely. Doesn't irritate my skin with the exception being around my eyes. If it gets anywhere near my eyes, it burns like hell. That being said, most moisturizers burn my eyes with the exception of Clinique Dramatically different. (which is my HG) This would probably be my second favorite but it's not very accessible where I live.