Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 1/6/2019 8:41:00 AM

Being a fan of skincare and John Maclean, I couldn't resist picking this up and I don't regret it at all. Its texture is a mix between cream and serum which I love, yet is just as moisturising as any heavy duty cream. I would say for oily skin, it might be a tad too moisturising, but it's a definite recommendation for winter. I usually stay away from scented products due to my acne, but this one didn't cause me any breakouts and the scent is lovely and subtle enough for me not to mind too much. In the UK, it's £20 for 75ml which I do find to be a tad too pricey, though. But if you've got the money or you feel an urge to splurge this is a definite recommendation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin, normal to dry skin with mild rosacea on my cheeks (controlled with Finacea gel) and my skin just loves this stuff. I use it after night after cleansing with Clinique's Sonic Foaming Cleanser and wake up to very even toned, radiant skin. It does not clog pores or aggravate my rosacea at all.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the best moisturizer ever. I can see why it is a cult favorite of makeup artists and celebrities. It does an amazing job of moisturizing skin and give a healthy, dew like glow to the skin. This can be used as a mask, moisturizer and primer all in one.

I highly recommend giving this a try. It is now a staple in my skincare regimen and I can't live without it.

on 9/7/2018 5:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of those French pharmacy gems that's a must-have. I use it anywhere that needs moisturising, from face to feet.
Convenient and hygienic tube so I can squeeze out exactly what I need and no messing around with pots and little spoons. I only use this on my face if I've been out at sea or in the sun and need more hydration (I'm more of a serum-only person) but this works to hydrate really parched skin everywhere. At the moment I'm using it on my elbows, hands and a touch on my decolletage. Will always have one of these tubes handy.

on 8/19/2018 1:03:00 PM

Basic but beautiful. This and Cerave moisturising lotion fixed my moisture barrier and re-balanced my skin after using some very damaging products.

This works well as a primer before makeup and makes my skin look nice and dewy. Not super fast absorbing, but it doesn’t take annoyingly long either.

Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/11/2018 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Basic but somehow great. It sinks into the skin and leaves a “layer” sort of like a primer would. I’m very moisturized without being greasy or oily and my skin looks calmed down the next morning when I use this at night. Works great under makeup or by itself. It smells fresh and light, recommend if you’re looking for a good basic no frills moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is now February in Canada. My skin has dealt with a long, rough, dry and cold winter and it is definitely showing on my skin. I suffer from eczema that flares up from irritants in products (my skin is extremely dramatic) and any exposure to extreme cold weather. I usually suffer from oily skin with mild breakouts and blackheads but as of late I am dealing with dry, flaky and irritated skin around my eyes and cheeks. Eczema also leaves my entire face and neck itchy and blotchy looking, as well as rough to the touch like lizard skin!
I had seen and heard about this product online as well as from MUA friends. I was a little hesitant at first to pick it up as I usually have an oily skin type, but I could no longer neglect my parched desert-like skin. I was a little turned off by the price tag - $38CAD at Urban Outfitters as it is much cheaper in my mother's native France, but if it was as good as I have heard the price tag is meaningless.
Upon opening the tube (quite glad it is a tube as I dislike jars), I was happy to pop the aluminum stopper with the screw-on cap. Something about that makes it feel so much more sterile. The scent is quite nice, typical of French skincare products and is not overpowering whatsoever. Once it settles on the skin you cannot smell the fragrance any longer. After I had applied a small amount about the size of a dime I began to panic! My skin felt wet, greasy and all of the things someone with oily skin absolutely hates! But as I gave it time to settle in I was pleasantly relieved to feel my skin drinking it up and my face was not left feeling like an oil slick. I have only used this for 1 night and 1 day so this is not a comprehensive review. With that aside I am here to let my fellow oily-skinned gals know that this definitely does not leave an oily skin type looking suffocated and glossy in the colder months. I am eager to see how it holds up in the summer months (I usually use a gel moisturizer when it is hot and humid out) and I am glad that it can be used as an after sun salve seeing as I am a bit of a sun worshiper although that is a faux-pas as of late.
I have heard some buzz around the ingredient list, mainly Cera Alba and Paraffinum Liquidum as these can be sensitizing ingredients that cause flare ups. One must note that this moisturizer was developed by a doctor in the 1950s so of course human knowledge was not as exhaustive as it is today with regards to harmful ingredients. With that being said, this has been a best-seller for years and in France nonetheless, where natural products and fuss-free beauty reign supreme. If you find that you have an allergic interaction with the product you mustn't blame the product rather your skin as you have an allergy to the ingredient and any product containing those ingredients will cause an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis.

If you are hesitant about trying this moisturizer out, take the plunge and see if it works for you. You can always pass it along to a friend if it doesn't!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After trying in vain to locate this cream locally (apparently some Shoppers Drug Mart stores carry it but all the ones I called had never even heard of it), I had my hubby throw this in with an order he was placing at Amazon.ca. Why the heck did I wait SO long to to try this? It is an absolutely wonderful product and the low repurchase rating really surprises me. In many ways it reminds me of my beloved Nivea cream (the original one in the blue metal tin) except that Embryolisse is so much easier to apply - no need to liquefy and rub - it applies so smoothly and gently and absorbs right away. My skin literally seems to drink this stuff in with no greasy residue left behind. I love that, for daytime, it's a moisturizer and primer all in one step. And compared to some of the face creams I have used over the years, the price of this is actually really good, though I cannot help looking forward to a trip to France so I can buy this in a pharmacy there! I can barely detect any scent at all with this and what there is is not at all unpleasant or like plastic; it's just a light, slightly "cosmetic-y floral" smell. This will be a backbone product in my skin care for eternity!

AUGUST 2018 update: YAY! Just last week and quite by accident, I discovered that a Shoppers Drug Mart location right near my gym actually carries this. I am so happy not to have to order online or trek 20 kms from home to get it and that I can also get it for 20% off if I purchase on a Thursday AND get points for it (or buy it outright with my Optimum points). I purchased a back up tube of this last Thursday because I like the cream so much and it's surprising to me but I can even use this during at night during the hot summer months.

I've only been using this a short time and I'm sure this is the beginning of a life long relationship. There is definitely a reason this is a classic.
This is a very basic moisturizer, which is one of my favorite things about it. The short ingredient list means my super sensitive skin doesn't freak out. I love to use this as a final layer of moisturizer to seal everything in.
The price is great for the amount of product you get and you only need a tiny amount.

on 10/24/2017 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG daily moisturizer. I just wish it weren't so expensive.