Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 5/9/2018 5:59:00 PM

I bought this product because I had read that it was a moisturizer that loads of people swear by and that it is a staple in french beauty products. I have combination skin and was really excited to try this cream that everyone rages about. The first times I applied it I felt like it was a bit heavy on my skin but I liked the dewy look it left on my skin. However, I have been using this cream for about 3 weeks now and my skin has broken out really badly. I have loads of clogged pores all over my face (areas where I've never had such as cheeks and forehead) and my skin just feels really greasy, therefore, I won't be using it anymore.

After a week of not using this moisturizer and taking care of my skin my skin feels like it is getting a bit better, however, I still have many clogged pores which is annoying :/

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am low-key flabbergasted (ehh not really) on how this is touted by some as being one of the best option for sensitive skin. I was running late to work and threw a tube of this in my purse because I just merely showered and washed my face but didn't moisturized my face. So when I go to work, I took a pea sized amount and worked it in my skin. I would say about 15 minutes later, my face began to itch like crazy. I wanted to wash it off but I had no back up lotion do I just dealt with it the best way I can. The next morning, several humongous cystic acne formed along the jawline, cheeks, forehead, and who knows where else developed and I couldn't get in touch with my derm because I was in between insurance (new job switch). I am now just getting my skin under control and as a lovely parting gift, several PIH marks remained on my face. So in the mean time I am using 0.3% adapalene gel and sunscreen and wishing it away. It is going to take at least 3 months for the scars to go away and I might have to opt for a chemical peel. The only positive, well several positives, that came out of using this cream are the following: 1. it is confirmed that I am extremely reactive to triethanolamine and perhaps shea butter , fragrance, and the soy component 2. this forces me to read every darn product and cross reference to see if certain ingredients are comedogenic for me. Anyways there is no universal standard on what makes folks itch/breakout/or other irritation to the face.

I heard a lot of good things from make up artists that often use this cream, so I decided to give it a try myself.

On the packaging it says for all skin types. I have a very sensitive combination skin with a really oily T-zone.
Gosh, this product felt so heavy on my skin! Even though i applied a small amount of it, it felt like my skin couldn't breathe..

Stupid as i was, i decided to used it for a few days, to see the result on a longer term.. But it was a big no for me. My skin got even more oily and i got break-outs everywhere, even on places i normally get no break-outs.

I'm sure this cream is really good for dry skins, because it is super rich.
But for oily skins it is too heavy and so for me a waste of money.

So I would only recommend if you have a dry skin!

on 2/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I heard so many good things about this moisturizer I had to try it out. I have dry skin so I thought it would be a good fit. But this just didn't feel good on my skin. It felt thick and waxy. It never felt like it sunk in, just sat on the top layer. It did not do well under makeup for me. I normally use MUFE & Bobbi Brown and the makeup lasted half as long as usual. I tried using this at night, but the smell got to me. It's not strong, I love Chanel & Burberry, but this just wasn't for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this moisturiser so much, i bought the travel size HOWEVER it broke me out like crazy! I used it for about 4 days and couldn't use it anymore due to the fact it would clog my pores. I know it was this causing the breakouts because it was the only thing which i changed in my routine and addition to this i put it down my neck and i had 1 spot there and i never break out on my neck?

If you don't have skin sensitive to clogging then i'de say go for it but i can't because of the fact it'll break me out. It moisturises like a dream though i'de only suggest it from people with super dry skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I cannot see the hype in this product, and I really wanted to like this... It wasn't cheap and made my actually dry skin extremely oily and shiny. I will definitely not buy it again.

on 5/11/2015 2:22:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as it is a very highly raved about product, but it didn't work for me at all. I have dry-combo skin, and this cream didn't help with the dryness + seemed to clog my pores so I stopped using it after a weak =/

I don't really have positives to say, the main cons for me:
- a bit greasy/"sits on the skin"
- no noticeable relief for dry skin
- comedogenic (from experience and several of the ingredients are not recommended for acne prone skin, such as, Stearic Acid, Triethanol amine, and Steareth-10)
- quite strongly perfumed (although not an unpleasant smell, fragrance is an unnecessary irritant)

on 3/21/2015 1:53:00 AM

I tried this twice and both times my face broke out horribly with tiny bumps everywhere. I wanted to believe all the good reviews but this cream was terrible for my combination skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this moisturizer years ago, and I loved it. It softened my skin immensely without breaking me out, and while it wasn't the most lightweight moisturizer on the market, it wasn't so thick that I couldn't use it in the morning under makeup. The mild lilac fragrance was nice and didn't seem to irritate my skin. The biggest con was having to order it online all the time from ebay, or Amazon if I wanted to pay a bit more, and the price. I stopped using it when I started looking for a cheaper alternative at the drugstore.

Fast forward to a month ago, when I saw that Sephora now carries this product. Seeing as I STILL haven't found an HG morning moisturizer, I figured I'd pick this up again until I find something better. I'm guessing that Embryolisse reformulated this, because the moisturizer I received this time was much greasier than it was before. The new one had a texture that was noticeably much more like Vaseline. I had a used up tube from years ago sitting in the back of my cabinet, and I cut it open and compared what was left in the old tube to the new tube, and there is definitely a difference. I started getting little clogged pores all over my face. Most weren't inflamed or infected, but the texture of my skin was horrible. Seeing as this was the only thing I changed in my skincare/makeup routine, it was the culprit. I'm disappointed that this moisturizer no longer works for me. Back it went.

on 1/21/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Heavy and packed with parabens / mineral oil. Gave me two cystic pimples after the first use. Definitely not for my face - I might use it on my hands though... At least it was cheap (I live in France).