Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.

Received a sample in a subscription box and was so impressed that I immediately purchased the biggest size I could find. I have been using it daily ever since. I haven't noticed any problems that I have read about here, and was really shocked others would have such bad results. I haven't had a single breakout and my skin feels drastically more supple and moisturized after using this product. I do not use it as makeup remover because I feel it's wasteful, but it works wonderfully as a day/night moisturizer and primer.

on 5/15/2016 2:42:00 PM

Overall nice product for skin that needs a more emolient cream. It leaves a silky residue but it doesn't seem to do moisterizing wonders perse. If you want a dewy/satin make up look put this under your foundation of mix with it it will give more glow and more shine. If you want a matte face don't use this. I have very pale and very sensitive skin and I respond well to this cream. It's not a good cream to mix with foundation it will be too greasy and the foundation will not set and lay an your skin even when powdered. So I don't use it often on clients anymore. I use a lighter cream and when someone is really dry or dehydrated I might use it on the areas. I don't know you don't really feel it sink into the skin..it lies on top more. But..I like it though so I would never tell anyone not to buy it but it is a bit too expensive for what it is. Maybe I'll come back on it later :)

To Read all 219 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/12/2016 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This moisturizer is indeed very moisturizing and works well under makeup but it has some highly comedogenic ingredients such steareth-10 and stearic acid. Therefore, I am unable to use it as it causes me to break out. Something to take note is that this also contains shea butter, which may also cause acne in some people.

If you're looking for a "simple" moisturizer like this, but without the comedogenic ingredients, I'd say check out Eucerin Original Healing Creme (the formulation without dimethicone). It doesn't break me out and is equally moisturizing as this one. At the end of the day, this moisturizer is a drugstore product in France, and I think many people forget that we have good formulations that are easy to find in our drugstores here in the States. Just because it has a fancy name doesn't always make it superior. ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer grew on me. At first, I thought it was too thick and was concerned it might be clogging my pores and causing breakouts. As it turns out, however, I was reacting to a foundation that also includes SPF, which my normally dry skin hates and always breaks out from, so once I stopped using the foundation, the breakouts cleared, even though my use of this moisturizer continued. That said, I have learned also that a little goes an extremely LONG way with this product, so I also may have been applying too much to begin with, And also as a word of caution, this moisturizer does contain some small amounts of shea butter, which can cause breakouts for people, although I am not personally clogged by the ingredient in most things and not with this.

This said, when used properly, this is a GREAT moisturizer for day or night, face, neck or body. This also incidentally really acts well under makeup and has an added effect at least for me in refining pore size and really smoothing out skin texture. So I really love it, but because of some of the ingredients and the medium to semi-rich texture I would not recommend this to people with oily or combo/oily skin or those who are exceptionally acne-prone. Everyone else, remember a little dab will do ya.

This also works great to clean up eye makeup mistakes, a small dollop of this rolled on to a Q tip cleans up a lot of cat eye errors. LOL.

My biggest gripe with this moisturizer is that though the cream has a rich texture, the consistency is actually somehow pretty fluid. While this makes the cream very spreadable and easier to work with than if it would be truly as thick as it might seem to be and for as rich as its ingredients make it sit on the skin, the fluidity of the cream makes it run out of the tube extremely easily and with little pressure applied to the tube, so too much product squeezes out at once, meaning you waste product. And while $16 for 2.54 oz is not the worst price tag for a nondrugstore and foreign (I am from America) moisturizer, I never want to unuduly waste a product, so I HATE the packaging. So for this reason, I like it, but I don't love, and I have purposes for it and would recommend it to others for a try, but I could easily see myself moving on. I am looking forward to trying the Cerave PM facial moisturizer (for both day and nighttime use to avoid the SPF included in their day lotion) next, as it seems to have great ingredients, and for the fact of it being packaged in a (lockable) pump bottle style,

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love it!! Bought it in my trip to Paris because of all the rave reviews and this being listed as one of the top french skincare products. Generally, I hold very high regards for french pharmacy brands. Its perfectly moisturizing, soaks up quickly and my skin feels very soft upon application. However, I mostly apply it prior to makeup and it makes a great primer as well - foundation just glides on. Not sure how it will perform during summer, but it doesnt feel paricularly heavy to me. Bought two tubes of 75mls for ~20€. Great deal.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Little background: I've used Clinique's Gel Moisturizer for more than 10 years; since elementary school. I have oily skin and oily-combination that peels in the winter, and in the winter I needed something more moisturizing, but I never found a good replacement. I knew that Clinique TESTED ON ANIMALS, but I gave up since a lot of big brands (Estee Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'Oreal, Maybelline) also test on animals. However, I recently decided that I can't support it anymore since there's completely nothing to be gained from animal testing.

I was really skeptical whether this would break me out, especially since this is such a heavy, waxy moisturizer, but I'm 2 months in & so far so good! After using Clinque for so long, this is definitely more heavy than I'm used to and in the summer it'll probably be too much for me. This is much more suited for people with dry or combination skin rather than oily.

I heard a lot of good things from make up artists that often use this cream, so I decided to give it a try myself.

On the packaging it says for all skin types. I have a very sensitive combination skin with a really oily T-zone.
Gosh, this product felt so heavy on my skin! Even though i applied a small amount of it, it felt like my skin couldn't breathe..

Stupid as i was, i decided to used it for a few days, to see the result on a longer term.. But it was a big no for me. My skin got even more oily and i got break-outs everywhere, even on places i normally get no break-outs.

I'm sure this cream is really good for dry skins, because it is super rich.
But for oily skins it is too heavy and so for me a waste of money.

So I would only recommend if you have a dry skin!

on 2/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I heard so many good things about this moisturizer I had to try it out. I have dry skin so I thought it would be a good fit. But this just didn't feel good on my skin. It felt thick and waxy. It never felt like it sunk in, just sat on the top layer. It did not do well under makeup for me. I normally use MUFE & Bobbi Brown and the makeup lasted half as long as usual. I tried using this at night, but the smell got to me. It's not strong, I love Chanel & Burberry, but this just wasn't for me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. Here's my thoughts:
Pros:
Good for using as a primer and with skincare under makeup. It doesn't have dimethicone, so layered with all my lotions and potions, especially in the winter when I cannot take skincare shortcuts because of my dry skin.
Absolutely never causes makeup to move or pill underneath.
Nice and hydrating, without being tacky, greasy, or leaving a film.
Doesn't react with my dry, sensitive skin- no red bumps, burning or tingling, or signs or irritation.
A little goes a long way. Works very well with RCMA foundation.

Cons:
Fragrance. I'm actually surprised that it DOESN'T irritate my sensitive skin because it has a very strong fragrance. I don't like it, but it's not enough to turn me off.
Not effective on it's own as a moisturizer, nor does it live up to the claim of "24 hour hydration". It also is hardly a "miracle" in that it doesn't repair skin or improve tone/texture, etc. It really just protects it.

I'll buy it again and use as a primer or give my moisturizer a boost.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm so tired of skincare products using such lofty words as MIRACLE. Strictly a move to try to justify the often ridiculous price points these products have, IMO. Anyway, I received a sample of this in my Birchbox and I wasn't at all impressed. It's a moisturizer. It is a little heavier than many, and it does the job, I suppose. But, like with so many other facial skincare products, there is nothing about it for me that made it special, especially at its price point.