Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.

on 11/30/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On my skin: Very sensitive, prone to clogged pores and rosacea, when using the wrong products.

Pros: Comes in a large tube - resonable price as you only need a bit of product to moisturize whole face, feels very hydrating, creamy but non-greasy.
Cons: Contains fragrance and some comedogenic ingredients which may cause breakouts and irritation, not a good make-up base, can leave a shiny finish.

There are so many raves about this product, that I immediately wanted to try it, but unfortunately my skin didn't like it. It does feel very moisturizing but it irritated my skin and eyes and caused small clogged pores. But I also react that way to Mineral Oil and it's the second ingredient, so I should've known better.

on 11/26/2016 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have to be honest that my "Wouldn't buy again" response is a bit misleading - after all, I have in fact bought this product several times over the span of several years. The first time I bought it I must have been about 19-20 years old. I wasn't blessed with "normal" skin, but it wasn't as complicated as it is now (and don't we all feel that way about life the older we get?). So, back then, it was enough to keep me moisturised.

Now, however, I am older, hopefully wiser, and with more complicated skin. I have developed an allergy to parabens, get bouts of eczema on my face, and live in a cold, windy climate. Unfortunately, Embryolisse just doesn't cut it anymore. It simply doesn't moisturise enough, and I think it's finally time I gave up on this product, however fancy the French favourite makes me feel.

Who do I think this moisturiser could be good for? People in their late teens/early 20s, who have normal or only slightly dry skin. People with oily skin may find that it's a bit too greasy, in particular in the summer, but it may benefit them in the winter. It looks good under foundation, as long as you give it a few minutes to sink in first. So to those lucky ones, enjoy!

To Read all 227 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/4/2016 8:07:00 AM

This product is good, don't get me wrong. It's just not as good as I had expected, but, alas, I did have very high expectations on it. It moisturizes well but I can definitely see it being problematic for some people, as it takes a while to sink in and leaves a shiny residue.

on 10/6/2016 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was on the fence about this product for a while. I usually use drugstore moisturizers for daytime. I read about this being "beauty editors' favorite" and "used on all the models to make their skin glow" and bought a tube.

At first, I thought "Well, this is nothing special. And models' skin glows because they're 17, you sucker!"

But the more I used it, the more I liked it. I have dry/combination skin, and this is the perfect balance between a cream and a lotion. That makes it good for under makeup, but it's also just heavy enough for me to use at night in the warmer months when I don't like burying my face under cream.

It only requires a little bit (pea size) to cover the whole face, so it lasts a long while. I ended up using up the entire small tube in about 3 months and just purchased a big one.

The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging. The tube is hard to store (I prefer bottles or something with a flat bottom that can sit in my medicine cabinet) and it's that "metal" type of tube (like old-fashioned toothpaste tubes) that makes it hard to squeeze when you get near the end. I feel like I left about a week's worth of product in the tube because I couldn't get it out. Would prefer a plastic tube, at least.

I've been using this for about 2 months now. I usually like most moisturizers when I first start using them and then the shine wears off the apple after about 2 weeks and they get tossed into the vanity drawer or given away.

I'm on the verge of 54; my skin is ok. Gravity is doing its thing, so I'm getting saggy in the jowls and wrinkly around the eyes. Those are really my 2 biggest skin concerns. I'm combo skin, but if i don't take special care under my eyes, that area can get like the sahara, and it ain't cute. I had been using neutrogena hydro boost under eye cream and the hydro boost moisturizer and would follow that up with a moisturizing primer. That worked well, but I didn't feel like my skin stayed hydrated all day and I started to get sick of having to do all of that pre makeup stuff every day. I read the reviews on the Embryolisse and purchased a smaller tube (you can actually get a 1 oz size from Camera Ready Cosmetics, for $16) to try.

Day 1 I was like, "eh". It felt greasy, took awhile to absorb. Day 2 I lessened the amount i applied and was on the road the falling in love. The most important tip for this is that you need to let it absorb -- it's not a moisturizer you can slap on and then go right to the next step of your routine. I put it on and then do something else, like dry my hair or whatever, to give it a few minutes to do it's thing.

This gives my skin such a nice texture that I've eliminated primer on my face EXCEPT for under my eyes, and there I use a light, cooling primer stick there (Stila Aqua Glow Primer Stick) for some extra smoothness. If my under eye area wasn't so crepey, I'd probably wouldn't use any primer at all because this moisturizer is that good. It really has improved my skin, made it more pliable and plump and those jowls aren't looking so jowly anymore. My skin stays hydrated throughout the day, but my makeup stays put and fresh looking. At almost 54, I've recently gotten the first compliment in years on how nice my skin looks, so that should tell you something. I've been able to pare down the cosmetics routine too, and am able to get away with using only kevyn aucoin skin enhancer over the moisturizer to achieve a really nice smooth complexion. I'm in love with this stuff.

It's ok nothing special, I don't know why pixiwoo rave about it, bought it because they also have dry skin like me. For me this cream is not thick and hydrating enough, for me how I test a cream is if leaves dry patches under my physical sunscreen, well it does.. but I guess if you have oily or combo skin it will probably work pretty well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this moisturizer for months now and its one of the best I've ever used, if not the best! I have very oily skin that is prone to break outs and this is one of a few moisturizers that doesn't break me out, irritate my skin or cause it to get even more oily. I love the consistency of this moisturizer, its not too thin that it doesn't moisturize enough and not too thick that it leaves my skin greasy. It it just right and I love that it sinks in to the skin really quickly, without leaving residue.

I use it at night time before bed and it really hydrates my skin leaving it super soft, nourished and plump. It really quenches the skin over night and when I wake up in the morning it is very moisturized, super hydrated, soft and glowing. It makes my skin look really clear and I also think it helps to reduce blemishes, I don't have as much trouble with them when I use this, it also appears to calm down any redness that I get. I used to suffer from the occasional dry patch but I never have this problem if I use this! I also find that my make-up looks and wears better during the day if I use this moisturizer which is a bonus!

I like the packaging of this product because it keeps the moisturizer cool, plus a little goes a long way so it should last you a long time. The price is £20.00 for 75ml which is expensive for what it is but its worth it!

on 9/26/2016 9:56:00 AM

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre is a classic ... some would even call it a 'cult favourite' ... because it is effective, and so stinkin' cheap (at least in France, where I purchased it).

It's a great, simple, effective moisturiser that goes on silky ... and if you don't have a special moisturising trust fund, it does the job without making you bankrupt.

It has some cheaper ingredients though (hence ability to offer the low price point), so if you have some money to invest, maybe give this one a pass ... Not knocking the classic status, and it holds moisture in, but in truth the product isn't life-changing fancy.

Probably won't re-buy (but it's so cheap ... who knows ... )

on 9/6/2016 2:51:00 AM

I really like this moisturiser. It is very simple but so effective, my skin feels and looks so much smoother and plumper since I've been using it, all my small dry patches are gone and it is so nice to wear under makeup. In France it is very affordable so if you can get it cheaply it is definitely worth a try.

Received a sample in a subscription box and was so impressed that I immediately purchased the biggest size I could find. I have been using it daily ever since. I haven't noticed any problems that I have read about here, and was really shocked others would have such bad results. I haven't had a single breakout and my skin feels drastically more supple and moisturized after using this product. I do not use it as makeup remover because I feel it's wasteful, but it works wonderfully as a day/night moisturizer and primer.