Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.7

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.

on 5/15/2017 9:42:00 AM

To my surprise and dismay this product irritated the heck out of my sensitive skin. It took a good week to calm down during which my facial skin was so annoyed that it wouldn't tolerate anything on it without stinging & burning. Since nothing else had changed in my skin care I am 100% certain that this cream was the culprit. Flakey, red, unhappy skin - not good. I'm bemused by the raves. Oh well, I guess every skin is different...

on 5/2/2017 6:35:00 PM

Very nice moisturizer. It's not too thin or thick. Sinks into the skin nicely. Doesn't irritate my skin with the exception being around my eyes. If it gets anywhere near my eyes, it burns like hell. That being said, most moisturizers burn my eyes with the exception of Clinique Dramatically different. (which is my HG) This would probably be my second favorite but it's not very accessible where I live.

on 4/30/2017 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used a few bottles of this when I still didn't know how to make my own lotion & cream. It was ok. Nothing to shout about. I don't know why it's such a cult. Also it's quite thick... Not so good....

I have mature dry skin and I find the moisturiser excellent to apply before primer. It is moisturising enough to last all day but doesn't leave your skin greasy so all your make up slides off.

I have been using this cream for over a year, it can be a bit pricey but a tube does last a long time if you use it only as a day cream.

I wait until the specials are on and then buy two.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have dehydrated combination skin so I only use this at night as it's too heavy for me during the daytime. I honestly can't see how this could prep your skin for make up I would think make up would melt right off during the day. A little goes a long way as I've been using this for months and barely made a dent in the tube. The price was inexpensive as I purchased in France, fragrance free, has not caused breakouts or irritations. This hasn't transformed my skin in any way so it's hard to say if I would repurchase. If you're looking for a no frills evening cream this could be it for you.

on 4/22/2017 10:56:00 PM

This has been a lovely cream to prep skin for makeup. I don't think it has any valuable properties, but as a base, it's lightweight and smoothing. My oily/combo skin didn't have any bad reactions (but I also use a face powder to absorb oil). It wouldn't be my moisturizer when I'm not also applying makeup, but at $16, I consider it a real bargain.

I had read so much about people liking this (all the backstage secrets kind of articles, how this is used at runway shows and is a great base), but also reviews about how it might be too rich. After requesting a tube from my brother when he was traveling in France, I was excited to try it myself - and after overcoming some nervousness about possible breaking out, I'm very happy with it. I can't find it in Canada except online, where it is about $50 CAD for the 2.54 Fl Oz (about 75ml), I find this a still a good price but will also have to pay shipping etc which inflates the price.

Part of why some don't like it is the shea butter and beeswax. As someone petrified to break out (had a period in my 20's with adult acne), I am loathe to try anything that has a whiff of pimple-possibility. The other side is that I have noticed how much better my skin now reacts to richer moisturizer than it did when I was younger: in my 20's, I fought feeling like an oily mess; now in my late 30's, richer creams actually help me feel less oily and my skin drinks it up, helping makeup sit better and last longer (not to mention feeling delicious). Some don't recommend it for daytime use, as it is rich, but I'm fine with it. I don't need to use a lot to get great results. It will be more of a winter product for me, as I know in the summer I will be sweating and need something lighter.

In an aluminum tube, which I love, and a very light & pleasant smell, I like this product but wish it was easier to get.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this but I think it's the most overrated product I've ever used. I have tried this for a month to see if I might have a change of heart but sadly it breaks me out so I can't even use it as a primer or makeup remover. It's basically just mineral oil and wax, drugstore ingredients, for a fairly high price. There are similarly priced creams with better quality ingredients. I thought it would be fun because it's such a cult fave, but no.

This didn't do anything special to my skin. For my combination skin it was way too rich and using this as a primer made my makeup melt on my face. It was worth a try but I will use it up as a lip and eye mask and won't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with extremely dry, flaky skin, this moisturiser is a God send. I love everything about the formula of this product, it's very thick but not at all greasy. It's fragrance free as well so will be ideal for people with sensitive skin. And because it's so thick, it takes a few moments for it to really penetrate the skin and work it's magic. I've tried moisturisers in the past that soak into my skin immediately and still leave my skin feeling tight and dry. This does the exact opposite and I love it!

Don't be scared of the formula if you have acne prone skin, I do too and this does not break me out at all. My foundation goes on beautifully when I prep with this moisturiser and keeps my foundation looking almost freshly applied after a long day. I really can't recommend this enough, especially for dry and mature skins.

Although I love this moisturiser, there are some negatives I want too touch on, the first is the packaging. It comes in an aluminium squeeze bottle and this material makes it really hard to squeeze out product when it's coming to an end. The second is the price, this is the most expensive moisturiser I've ever used at £20 but it's performance definitely justifies it's price, however it's still A LOT of money for a moisturiser. The final con I want to mention is that this doesn't last very long. If you use it day and night, seven days a week you'll get about 2 months use out of it, however you can definitely prolong it's life if you use it sparingly. A little goes a long way with this.

Regardless of the negatives, it's positives definitely out weigh them and that's why I've been using this moisturiser for over a year. I would absolutely recommend this!