Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with extremely dry, flaky skin, this moisturiser is a God send. I love everything about the formula of this product, it's very thick but not at all greasy. It's fragrance free as well so will be ideal for people with sensitive skin. And because it's so thick, it takes a few moments for it to really penetrate the skin and work it's magic. I've tried moisturisers in the past that soak into my skin immediately and still leave my skin feeling tight and dry. This does the exact opposite and I love it!

Don't be scared of the formula if you have acne prone skin, I do too and this does not break me out at all. My foundation goes on beautifully when I prep with this moisturiser and keeps my foundation looking almost freshly applied after a long day. I really can't recommend this enough, especially for dry and mature skins.

Although I love this moisturiser, there are some negatives I want too touch on, the first is the packaging. It comes in an aluminium squeeze bottle and this material makes it really hard to squeeze out product when it's coming to an end. The second is the price, this is the most expensive moisturiser I've ever used at £20 but it's performance definitely justifies it's price, however it's still A LOT of money for a moisturiser. The final con I want to mention is that this doesn't last very long. If you use it day and night, seven days a week you'll get about 2 months use out of it, however you can definitely prolong it's life if you use it sparingly. A little goes a long way with this.

Regardless of the negatives, it's positives definitely out weigh them and that's why I've been using this moisturiser for over a year. I would absolutely recommend this!

If you can't find this in your country you can use Nivea in the blue tin because the ingredients and texture are the same. I have both. Just warn the nivea in your hands and pat into skin it's amazing.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is okay, i don't think there is anything amazing to it. Perfect price but nothing special - good all round cream if you don't have any skinconcerns.

on 2/10/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and this is a nice, gentle, deep moisturising product.

I think it's mainly popular because it's a simple moisturiser with very few ingredients and a reasonable price tag! Not to mention that it seems to work for most skin types.

Why it's referred to as magic cream, though, I have no idea!

on 2/8/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Not worth the hype. I'll admit my purchase was based off reviews in YouTube. It will not work for you if you have dry to very dry skin. At its best thus is a moisturizer that will leave you feeling dehydrated within 20 minutes. I'd suggest to use it in the summer IF you already own it. It's not worth the price either. Ridiculous price point for what the product provides. I regret this purchase from 2016

on 1/28/2017 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I can't tolerate most moisturizers. Although I am Sicilian and was blessed with very oily skin in my youth, as I've gotten older and used more retinoids like A313 my skin has become drier, and now using twice-daily moisturizer has become a necessity. Most other moisturizers I've tried seem to fill in my pores and give me blackheads or breakouts, but this is the first one I've found that protects my skin and doesn't make me break out. This is an amazing balm that lasts a long time.

If I were using it as a makeup remover, I could see how it would be easy to burn through a tube quickly, but I just use it as a mask and moisturizer. I bought a tube on Amazon for around $18, and even with twice-daily use, I've only used half the tube over about 6 weeks. I squeeze the tube from the bottom and it's completely flat with no waste, and I like that the metal tube is recyclable. This cream is a lifesaver for the winter time, when my skin is extra-dry. It is a wonderful skin protectant.

I normally prefer fragrance-free products, and although I wish this cream came in a fragrance-free formula, the scent is very light and disappears eventually. I wear a CPAP mask at night and this cream doesn't interfere with the mask at all. I am thrilled to have found this cream and I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/27/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG status! I use it as a primer for night time - I have a different primer with SPF for day. You don't need much and your foundation just glides right on like silk. The only real issues I have is that I don't like the scent. It's rose-scented but in a fake way (almost like bathroom spray so yikes!) Also the tube isn't that great. I tend to squeeze out too much product and it crinkles up too much so you end up not getting it all out

on 1/18/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Welp. Another over-hyped, under-performing product, whose praise is totally unmerited. Granted, it’s not bad, per say, but it’s not great either, and it’s certainly not worth all of the buzz it receives. The only reason that I believe it gets all of the hype that it does, is because it IS a fairly versatile product (meaning, it’s so basic and no-frills that it works on most skin types), and it DOES soften the skin and wear nicely under makeup….But a lot of moisturizers do as well, and this contains no revolutionary ingredients to warrant the price tag or “miracle” claim. You can literally find the same quality products with very similar ingredients at the drugstore for a fraction of the cost (i.e. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream pretty much does the exact same thing as this, has similar ingredients, comes in a much bigger tub, and is 1/3 of the price).

Embryolisse touts this as a “do-all” product that primes, moisturizes, removes makeup, and can be used as a mask. Like I said, it does wear well under makeup and moisturize, but so should any half decent face cream? The priming claim is extremely gimmicky, as that only really means that it smooths and softens the skin for makeup application….Which, again, any moisturizer does for the most part. As far as removing makeup goes, any mineral oil (or any oil, really) based product can do that. The only facet I don’t have a comment for is the mask claim, as I have not tried it as a mask. However, based on the ingredients, my guess is that it would be just as lackluster as a mask as it is as a cream. You can make more effective DIY masks for much cheaper.

To top off the mediocrity of this product, it also has a fairly strong florally scent, which many people find irritating, and can aggravate sensitive skin. Some of the ingredients are also comedogenic. I haven’t broken out from this, but I’d be cautious if you’re super acne-prone.

Long story short, this product does what it claims and all, but it’s sure as hell no miracle and you can find better quality for the same price or less. The ingredients list is literally just water, mineral oil, and a bunch of emulsifiers. Why pay $30+ for that? Skip this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in my Jan 2017 Allure Beauty Box #thebeautybox my first 1 from allure u get 5 things for $10 normally $20 but I got a promo for starting w them. This moisturizer is in a 5ml tube so it's just enough for a good sample although I only need a pea sized amount so this should last a couple of weeks. It is too heavy for me to use as a HG moisturizer but in the winter I've been liking it, but I won't repurchase it as it's a pain to order it (not sure where to even get it & im not a Sephora/ulta shopper much). I felt like a young Parisienne wearing this becoz it's a French DS brand. Sheww this is w model's fave? Why do they always have dry skin??! I'll use this nightly as my night cream but then I am switching back to Chanel or Ten-O-Six or Clinique DDMGel my HG's but it's fun to try new things!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

It broke me out completely. I feel like it was too think and greasy and it blocked my pores.