Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.7

Aqua. Paraffinum Liquidum. Stearic Acid. Glyceryl Stearate. Triethanolamine. Cera Alba. Cetyl Palmitate. Butyrospermum Parkii. Steareth-10. Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin. Laureth-7. Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis. 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol. Tropolone. Parfum.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Like a lot of people here agree on, this is a very standard no-frills moisturizer. If you're looking for a specific benefit, such as brightening or exfoliation or other skincare goodness, Embryolisse won't cut it. But while this cream isn't some fancy jacket or frilly skirt, it IS my white tee that I can always count on.

A little about my history with Embryolisse: I first came across this cream because I was having severe cystic acne breakouts that required nuclear solutions which wreaked havoc on my skin. I needed a moisturizer that would soothe and hydrate without irritating my poor skin or interacting badly with all the treatments I was subjecting myself to. Out of all the basic creams that I tested out, Embryolisse is what I fell in love with. Below are a bunch of reasons why.

First and foremost, Embryolisse plays VERY well with others. I can incorporate this as a moisturizer regardless of what other targeted skincare I use. It also mixes well with other products. Some mixtures I use Embryolisse for:

- Add a mini-dab to my foundation or concealer for hydrating, dewy makeup that really blends into skin
- Mix with a retinol product (A313 and Adapalene are my go-to) to minimize irritation
- Add a drop of tea-tree oil for some breakout prevention
- Mix with aspirin paste to use as a face mask

The consistency is A DREAM. It's creamy like a cream, but also very fluid, which makes it blend and sheer out well on skin, without skimping on the hydration. A little goes a long way, and you can actually take a little and really spread it out without feeling like you're pulling and tugging on your face. It takes a minute to sink in, but it leaves skin feeling hydrated. While this is a rich formula, it doesn't coat your skin and leave it feeling heavy like all the other creams I tried out did.

PROS
- Versatile and reliable
- Plays nice with others
- Spreads out very well
- Great consistency
- Rich but not heavy

CONS
- Doesn't have any special benefits
- Might not work for those with oily skin
- Contains paraffinum liquidum AKA mineral oil which many people are against (I'm not, but to each their own)
- May break out people who are sensitive to mineral oil, shea butter, stearic acid (finding out what you're sensitive to is a worthy and beneficial endeavor)
- Does NOT contain SPF, which means you would have to incorporate other products if using in the daytime

As for the PRICE... It drives me crazy that a 75ml tube runs for $28 in the US, and I refuse to pay that price for this product, when it's so cheap in France. I rated the price three lippies because my pride won't let me buy this cream for more than it's actual price (I mean, it's still a good price for a moisturizer but I like to rebel against hiked up prices...it's the principle of it). However, I can get it for cheaper on Amazon (anywhere from $17-$20 for a 75ml tube, and I always vet the seller before purchasing), or from Costco, where you can get a pack of two 75ml tubes for about $40. Of course, you can purchase Embryolisse in France for anywhere from $11-$15, but I'll take what I can get!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for a long time, but wanted a moisturiser that I won't have to dip my fingers into. It has a very similar texture to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, perhaps a little bit thicker. It leaves a lovely, non-shiny, but very hydrating finish on the skin. It dries to an ALMOST matte finish, but doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or anything. It's no wonder this is such a hot favourite among celebs! Definitely recommend as this as become a stable in my daily skincare routine.

on 8/3/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, sensitive skin. Picked this up when I was in Paris out of curiosity; it is very affordable if you are buying it from a French pharmacy.

I started using it as a day moisturiser, after toning and serum, and before sunscreen. In the beginning I found clogged pores around the base of my nose and jaw line, but I wanted to love this product so much so I kept going. After a week of using it, the clogged pores cleared and I have not had any since. I have always had clear skin but this product has taken my skin to the next level. My skin is the softest and clearest it has ever been and I love it!

The only downside of this product for me is that it is quite a basic moisturiser so if you want brightening (or other) effects from your skincare routine you will have to get it from another product. I use a brightening serum so no issues there.

I can understand why this has gained a cult status in France, particularly in Paris. The city is rather infamous for its hard tap water and high levels of pollution, and having experienced their damaging effects on my own skin when I was there, I have to say that occlusive products like this are effective in combating daily environmental stressors.

That said, this isn't necessarily a bad cream, but it definitely will not suit all skin types. It's easy to spread and is on the richer side, leaving a satin-like finish on the skin. For my combination skin, this works better on my cheeks than on my oilier forehead/T-zone. It's more moisturizing than other occlusives, and the shea butter and aloe put it a couple of steps above basic petrolatum products like Vaseline and Aquaphor. It has a jasmine-y fragrance, but it's not terribly strong and fades relatively quickly. The metal tube is also a nice touch, giving it an air of old-fashioned pharmacy treatments.

If you live somewhere with a mild or more humid climate, you can most likely pass on this. If you live in a place with harsh environmental factors, and if your skincare routine is fairly minimal, I'd recommend using something like this as an added layer of protection over a hydrating moisturizer or serum. Unless you're planning on visiting France sometime soon, however, I wouldn't recommend shelling out the extra cash to buy it in the US. It's not worth the hassle.

on 8/7/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Have been using this for 1.5 years, bought this in France where it is very affordable, anywhere overseas (eg Australia where I am) it is very overpriced. It's received a lot of hype from famous make up artists who use this back stage for shows and shoots.

+ Basic and hydrating moisturiser
+ Portable packaging
+ Good value in France, overseas not so much
+ Many purpose (mask, cream cleanser, moisturiser, primer)
+ Nice consistency, viscous enough to spread around the face and absorbs quickly without being oily.

- Contains mineral oil, if this is a concern
- No added benefit besides being emollient

I still have one tube left, I'll leave it for travel purposes as the packaging is great for that and can squeeze down small to get all the product out. After that I won't repurchase. I prefer serums or hydrators with more powerful ingredients than the ones in this.

I wanted to love this product. I've been using Alpha 12% Glycolic Soufflé as a lotion for years and felt it was time to up my moisturizer game so I purchased Embryolisse due to the cult status of the product. I have acne prone skin that I maintain well with my current regimine. I gave this a week trial and I now have huge cystic acne that has popped up all over my face so overall, not for me. I found this product to be incredibly greasy and although there was a layer of grease on my face the product didn't moisturize leaving me with large rough, dry patches. Pass.

on 6/26/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I just finished my second tube of this miracle cream and can honestly say I will never go without it. First, it works perfectly with my acne prone, dry skin, does not irritate or make me flare up. Second, your skin will drink this up, the cream is a milky texture and leaves your skin feeling plumped, hydrated and primed.

I use this twice daily and have seen considerably improvement in the plumpness and hydration of my face. My face feels quenched and soothed after using it, my only con would be the price and availability but it is without a doubt worth every penny.

on 6/28/2017 3:46:00 PM

A basic cream. I got it because everyone raved about how it makes a great makeup base. Could not notice a difference between my normal moisturizer and this. I'm a firm believer that if you are giving your skin the attention is needs and moisturize well, your makeup will go on good regardless of what you use. So I tried my cheap covergirl foundation that usually clings to dry spots, and lo and behold, no difference, so I'm not convinced.

It smells wonderful but I'm very hesitant to put fragrance on my face. I have sensitive skin and I'm suspecting the red blotches on my skin are from this product. It's also pretty disappointing that my cheeks feel very dry starting an hour or so after application! How odd, I'm combo leaning dry, so I thought this would be creamy enough to hydrate.

So, I use this product as a hand cream now, because I love the smell. That's probably as close to my face as it gets.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Before I really started doing a skincare regimen I just washed my face and applied moisturizer at night. I used Embryolisse consistently for a couple of years, and it did its job perfectly well. I have combo skin and it kept me hydrated overnight and even healed the very dry patches on my chin after a few weeks. I find Embryolisse to be much to heavy and oily to wear under makeup, but for night it is very good. Since I use a lot of different skincare products with moisturizing properties now I don't need such a rich moisturizer, but if I had to pare down to one or two products I'd consider re-adding this to my routine.

This is the best product I have ever used in my life. Have been using it for 6 yrs now and can't find anything better than that. It hydrates wonderfully my skin, it makes it look fair, it is not greasy and honestly for the quantity and quality of the product the price is very good. I use it day and night, with some exceptions sometimes at night to use a serum for even higher hydration. I do understand that for people with oily skin, this might be heavy though.