Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

4.1

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is the best moisturizer ever. I can see why it is a cult favorite of makeup artists and celebrities. It does an amazing job of moisturizing skin and give a healthy, dew like glow to the skin. This can be used as a mask, moisturizer and primer all in one.

I highly recommend giving this a try. It is now a staple in my skincare regimen and I can't live without it.

on 9/7/2018 5:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of those French pharmacy gems that's a must-have. I use it anywhere that needs moisturising, from face to feet.
Convenient and hygienic tube so I can squeeze out exactly what I need and no messing around with pots and little spoons. I only use this on my face if I've been out at sea or in the sun and need more hydration (I'm more of a serum-only person) but this works to hydrate really parched skin everywhere. At the moment I'm using it on my elbows, hands and a touch on my decolletage. Will always have one of these tubes handy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After trying in vain to locate this cream locally (apparently some Shoppers Drug Mart stores carry it but all the ones I called had never even heard of it), I had my hubby throw this in with an order he was placing at Amazon.ca. Why the heck did I wait SO long to to try this? It is an absolutely wonderful product and the low repurchase rating really surprises me. In many ways it reminds me of my beloved Nivea cream (the original one in the blue metal tin) except that Embryolisse is so much easier to apply - no need to liquefy and rub - it applies so smoothly and gently and absorbs right away. My skin literally seems to drink this stuff in with no greasy residue left behind. I love that, for daytime, it's a moisturizer and primer all in one step. And compared to some of the face creams I have used over the years, the price of this is actually really good, though I cannot help looking forward to a trip to France so I can buy this in a pharmacy there! I can barely detect any scent at all with this and what there is is not at all unpleasant or like plastic; it's just a light, slightly "cosmetic-y floral" smell. This will be a backbone product in my skin care for eternity!

AUGUST 2018 update: YAY! Just last week and quite by accident, I discovered that a Shoppers Drug Mart location right near my gym actually carries this. I am so happy not to have to order online or trek 20 kms from home to get it and that I can also get it for 20% off if I purchase on a Thursday AND get points for it (or buy it outright with my Optimum points). I purchased a back up tube of this last Thursday because I like the cream so much and it's surprising to me but I can even use this during at night during the hot summer months.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If it was possible, I’d give this a 4.5 out of 5 lippies. Half a mark off only because my preference is for a regular tube or pump bottle vs this metal tube packaging. I don’t like it for travel as it can bend and crack open over time. That aside, this product is wonderful, well-loved and hyped up for a reason.

Best suited for dry skin, I like this as both a moisturizer and a primer under foundation, it absorbs fast and doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy. I do not use it as a cleanser, mask or makeup remover as it also claims to be used for so I can’t comment on whether or not it’s effective in these situations. I’ve had some very dry skin (especially along the jaw line) during this cold winter snap we’re having lately and decided to spend the weekend makeup-free applying this moisturizer in the morning and evening (a little more generously than I normally would), with no other products on my skin and I’m happy to say that after using this twice daily for just two days my skin is feeling softer and the dry flaky skin is gone. There is a slight scent to this 5-in-1 product but it does dissipate quickly so I don’t find it problematic. Fragrance is actually the last ingredient in a relatively short list for this product.

on 5/15/2017 9:42:00 AM

To my surprise and dismay this product irritated the heck out of my sensitive skin. It took a good week to calm down during which my facial skin was so annoyed that it wouldn't tolerate anything on it without stinging & burning. Since nothing else had changed in my skin care I am 100% certain that this cream was the culprit. Flakey, red, unhappy skin - not good. I'm bemused by the raves. Oh well, I guess every skin is different...

I have mature dry skin and I find the moisturiser excellent to apply before primer. It is moisturising enough to last all day but doesn't leave your skin greasy so all your make up slides off.

I have been using this cream for over a year, it can be a bit pricey but a tube does last a long time if you use it only as a day cream.

I wait until the specials are on and then buy two.

on 10/6/2016 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was on the fence about this product for a while. I usually use drugstore moisturizers for daytime. I read about this being "beauty editors' favorite" and "used on all the models to make their skin glow" and bought a tube.

At first, I thought "Well, this is nothing special. And models' skin glows because they're 17, you sucker!"

But the more I used it, the more I liked it. I have dry/combination skin, and this is the perfect balance between a cream and a lotion. That makes it good for under makeup, but it's also just heavy enough for me to use at night in the warmer months when I don't like burying my face under cream.

It only requires a little bit (pea size) to cover the whole face, so it lasts a long while. I ended up using up the entire small tube in about 3 months and just purchased a big one.

The only thing I don't like about this is the packaging. The tube is hard to store (I prefer bottles or something with a flat bottom that can sit in my medicine cabinet) and it's that "metal" type of tube (like old-fashioned toothpaste tubes) that makes it hard to squeeze when you get near the end. I feel like I left about a week's worth of product in the tube because I couldn't get it out. Would prefer a plastic tube, at least.

I've been using this for about 2 months now. I usually like most moisturizers when I first start using them and then the shine wears off the apple after about 2 weeks and they get tossed into the vanity drawer or given away.

I'm on the verge of 54; my skin is ok. Gravity is doing its thing, so I'm getting saggy in the jowls and wrinkly around the eyes. Those are really my 2 biggest skin concerns. I'm combo skin, but if i don't take special care under my eyes, that area can get like the sahara, and it ain't cute. I had been using neutrogena hydro boost under eye cream and the hydro boost moisturizer and would follow that up with a moisturizing primer. That worked well, but I didn't feel like my skin stayed hydrated all day and I started to get sick of having to do all of that pre makeup stuff every day. I read the reviews on the Embryolisse and purchased a smaller tube (you can actually get a 1 oz size from Camera Ready Cosmetics, for $16) to try.

Day 1 I was like, "eh". It felt greasy, took awhile to absorb. Day 2 I lessened the amount i applied and was on the road the falling in love. The most important tip for this is that you need to let it absorb -- it's not a moisturizer you can slap on and then go right to the next step of your routine. I put it on and then do something else, like dry my hair or whatever, to give it a few minutes to do it's thing.

This gives my skin such a nice texture that I've eliminated primer on my face EXCEPT for under my eyes, and there I use a light, cooling primer stick there (Stila Aqua Glow Primer Stick) for some extra smoothness. If my under eye area wasn't so crepey, I'd probably wouldn't use any primer at all because this moisturizer is that good. It really has improved my skin, made it more pliable and plump and those jowls aren't looking so jowly anymore. My skin stays hydrated throughout the day, but my makeup stays put and fresh looking. At almost 54, I've recently gotten the first compliment in years on how nice my skin looks, so that should tell you something. I've been able to pare down the cosmetics routine too, and am able to get away with using only kevyn aucoin skin enhancer over the moisturizer to achieve a really nice smooth complexion. I'm in love with this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm so tired of skincare products using such lofty words as MIRACLE. Strictly a move to try to justify the often ridiculous price points these products have, IMO. Anyway, I received a sample of this in my Birchbox and I wasn't at all impressed. It's a moisturizer. It is a little heavier than many, and it does the job, I suppose. But, like with so many other facial skincare products, there is nothing about it for me that made it special, especially at its price point.

on 1/17/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my go to moisturizer before my skin became sensitized to a Philosophy retinol product, which I used more than a year and half ago and still experience an angry red rash and swelling under my eyes whenever I try to use my former skin care regimen. However, when I was using it I really liked it. My skin is somewhat oily so I used it only on my cheeks, under my eyes and on my eyelids. It absorbed right away and was a fantastic canvas for makeup. It also has a very light scent, which is probably why it now irritates me. I gave my tube to my DIL who has very dry skin and she will likely love it. I love that it's French, because everyone knows they make the very best skin care. I ordered it from Amazon and it wasn't expensive (less than $30) for a rather large tube and like I said, I didn't use much so it lasted a really long time. I repurchased it several times and highly recommend it for normal to dry skin types. I don't know what the ingredients are but when I was using it my skin looked luminous. Even oily skin needs moisturizer and this one is great to use if your cheeks are more normal than your T zone. My makeup went on smoothly and stayed put and my foundation always glowed. This is a great moisturizer in general and I only wish it didn't have any fragrance. I could probably still use it if it didn't. I definitely recommend it though and am sorry I can no longer use it. Maybe after a while my sensitivity will abate and I can resume my old routine. I sincerely hope so. Having very sensitive skin really, really sucks, lol!