Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Filtered by age: 25-29
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

on 11/26/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this moisturizer, very very hydrating. I love using different exfoliation types, end of my skincare i always use moisturizer. this my go to mask like moisturizer for night time. price is reasonable, love the effect. For oily skin types i’m not sure but for normal to dry skin types this is amazing. very very intense but also lightweight. basic but very hydrating.

on 8/19/2018 1:03:00 PM

Basic but beautiful. This and Cerave moisturising lotion fixed my moisture barrier and re-balanced my skin after using some very damaging products.

This works well as a primer before makeup and makes my skin look nice and dewy. Not super fast absorbing, but it doesn’t take annoyingly long either.

Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 8/6/2018 4:35:00 PM

Edit: Dropped down to 3 lippies. It's a good occlusive but my skin got dehydrated when using this as my sole moisturizer. Will not repurchase. This is an ok emergency moisturizer, but not for the long-term.

---

DiaryofAiko's experience sounds just like mine. I use this as a facial moisturizer. It feel light, and weightless once absorbed. It has a strong scent that sometimes bothers me but sometimes doesn't. My husband likes the fragrance though, when he smells it on my face, so it may be a proximity thing. It does not break me out, and it gives adequate moisture and occlusiveness to my dry/dehydrated skin, but I definitely have to use a separate eye cream.

If this were unscented, if the scent were lighter, or if the scent dissipated, I would use it as a go-to weightless hand cream, but alas, it's not meant to be. My hands need a lot of it so the scent is heavy and sticks around.

I would definitely repurchase because it's a very good basic cream that does not break me out (seems like a lot to ask for these days) and I love the hygienic metal tube.

on 3/2/2018 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like it, but I wish they had a fragrance-free option.
When my skin is feeling extra sensitive, I get red splotches after applying the cream.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is now February in Canada. My skin has dealt with a long, rough, dry and cold winter and it is definitely showing on my skin. I suffer from eczema that flares up from irritants in products (my skin is extremely dramatic) and any exposure to extreme cold weather. I usually suffer from oily skin with mild breakouts and blackheads but as of late I am dealing with dry, flaky and irritated skin around my eyes and cheeks. Eczema also leaves my entire face and neck itchy and blotchy looking, as well as rough to the touch like lizard skin!
I had seen and heard about this product online as well as from MUA friends. I was a little hesitant at first to pick it up as I usually have an oily skin type, but I could no longer neglect my parched desert-like skin. I was a little turned off by the price tag - $38CAD at Urban Outfitters as it is much cheaper in my mother's native France, but if it was as good as I have heard the price tag is meaningless.
Upon opening the tube (quite glad it is a tube as I dislike jars), I was happy to pop the aluminum stopper with the screw-on cap. Something about that makes it feel so much more sterile. The scent is quite nice, typical of French skincare products and is not overpowering whatsoever. Once it settles on the skin you cannot smell the fragrance any longer. After I had applied a small amount about the size of a dime I began to panic! My skin felt wet, greasy and all of the things someone with oily skin absolutely hates! But as I gave it time to settle in I was pleasantly relieved to feel my skin drinking it up and my face was not left feeling like an oil slick. I have only used this for 1 night and 1 day so this is not a comprehensive review. With that aside I am here to let my fellow oily-skinned gals know that this definitely does not leave an oily skin type looking suffocated and glossy in the colder months. I am eager to see how it holds up in the summer months (I usually use a gel moisturizer when it is hot and humid out) and I am glad that it can be used as an after sun salve seeing as I am a bit of a sun worshiper although that is a faux-pas as of late.
I have heard some buzz around the ingredient list, mainly Cera Alba and Paraffinum Liquidum as these can be sensitizing ingredients that cause flare ups. One must note that this moisturizer was developed by a doctor in the 1950s so of course human knowledge was not as exhaustive as it is today with regards to harmful ingredients. With that being said, this has been a best-seller for years and in France nonetheless, where natural products and fuss-free beauty reign supreme. If you find that you have an allergic interaction with the product you mustn't blame the product rather your skin as you have an allergy to the ingredient and any product containing those ingredients will cause an allergic reaction or contact dermatitis.

If you are hesitant about trying this moisturizer out, take the plunge and see if it works for you. You can always pass it along to a friend if it doesn't!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for a long time, but wanted a moisturiser that I won't have to dip my fingers into. It has a very similar texture to Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, perhaps a little bit thicker. It leaves a lovely, non-shiny, but very hydrating finish on the skin. It dries to an ALMOST matte finish, but doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or anything. It's no wonder this is such a hot favourite among celebs! Definitely recommend as this as become a stable in my daily skincare routine.

on 8/7/2017 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Have been using this for 1.5 years, bought this in France where it is very affordable, anywhere overseas (eg Australia where I am) it is very overpriced. It's received a lot of hype from famous make up artists who use this back stage for shows and shoots.

+ Basic and hydrating moisturiser
+ Portable packaging
+ Good value in France, overseas not so much
+ Many purpose (mask, cream cleanser, moisturiser, primer)
+ Nice consistency, viscous enough to spread around the face and absorbs quickly without being oily.

- Contains mineral oil, if this is a concern
- No added benefit besides being emollient

I still have one tube left, I'll leave it for travel purposes as the packaging is great for that and can squeeze down small to get all the product out. After that I won't repurchase. I prefer serums or hydrators with more powerful ingredients than the ones in this.

on 8/3/2017 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, sensitive skin. Picked this up when I was in Paris out of curiosity; it is very affordable if you are buying it from a French pharmacy.

I started using it as a day moisturiser, after toning and serum, and before sunscreen. In the beginning I found clogged pores around the base of my nose and jaw line, but I wanted to love this product so much so I kept going. After a week of using it, the clogged pores cleared and I have not had any since. I have always had clear skin but this product has taken my skin to the next level. My skin is the softest and clearest it has ever been and I love it!

The only downside of this product for me is that it is quite a basic moisturiser so if you want brightening (or other) effects from your skincare routine you will have to get it from another product. I use a brightening serum so no issues there.

I can understand why this has gained a cult status in France, particularly in Paris. The city is rather infamous for its hard tap water and high levels of pollution, and having experienced their damaging effects on my own skin when I was there, I have to say that occlusive products like this are effective in combating daily environmental stressors.

That said, this isn't necessarily a bad cream, but it definitely will not suit all skin types. It's easy to spread and is on the richer side, leaving a satin-like finish on the skin. For my combination skin, this works better on my cheeks than on my oilier forehead/T-zone. It's more moisturizing than other occlusives, and the shea butter and aloe put it a couple of steps above basic petrolatum products like Vaseline and Aquaphor. It has a jasmine-y fragrance, but it's not terribly strong and fades relatively quickly. The metal tube is also a nice touch, giving it an air of old-fashioned pharmacy treatments.

If you live somewhere with a mild or more humid climate, you can most likely pass on this. If you live in a place with harsh environmental factors, and if your skincare routine is fairly minimal, I'd recommend using something like this as an added layer of protection over a hydrating moisturizer or serum. Unless you're planning on visiting France sometime soon, however, I wouldn't recommend shelling out the extra cash to buy it in the US. It's not worth the hassle.

I wanted to love this product. I've been using Alpha 12% Glycolic Soufflé as a lotion for years and felt it was time to up my moisturizer game so I purchased Embryolisse due to the cult status of the product. I have acne prone skin that I maintain well with my current regimine. I gave this a week trial and I now have huge cystic acne that has popped up all over my face so overall, not for me. I found this product to be incredibly greasy and although there was a layer of grease on my face the product didn't moisturize leaving me with large rough, dry patches. Pass.