Hermes Kelly Caleche

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this in 2009 in France in the pure perfume locket. Oh My, I wear this in spring, summer and day time only. I enjoy the floral scent that lasts all day and my clothes still have the scent on. I just use two pumps on back of neck and front and enjoy smelling lovely all day long. I will repurchase this fragrance evey time I run out.

I gave hubby a list of scents to choose from for my Christmas present. He chose Hypnotic Poison and Kelly Caleche. I'm over the moon with HP. But his one was a let down. I have only worn it once so I'm willing to give it another chance (I love the bottle).

I LOVE leathery scents, but this one startled me. At first whiff I was overwhelmed by a smell of, not leather, but tannery. Yes, where hide is converted to leather. And trust me tanneries DO NOT smell nice. It made me think of butchers' shops. That smell of raw beef that always makes me go Yuck! Later it settles into a mildly iris-ish, peppery-ish smell, but nothing special. Most people reviewing this scent mention 'creamy,' 'elegant,' 'expensive leather,' even 'grapefruit.'

Are we talking about the same scent?

I was expecting something like Bottega Veneta (a truly high class leather), but Kelly doesn't even come close. Mind you, I had the same reaction to Un Jardin Apres la Mousson, which reminded me of rotten vegetables and wet, trampled grass.

As I said, I will give it a second chance because Hermes is one of my favorite brands. But I'm a bit wary. If it becomes anything even remotely like the leather scents I like it would not an improvement. It would be a blooming miracle.

To Read all 120 Reviews, Login or Join

When I read zeynpd's review below, I was struck by the words salt, vegetal and parsley which is what I think I smelt in the opening of this fragrance (I have a manufacturers sample). I am also getting a weird sweet feeling in the dry down. Chalking it up to a skin chemistry fail, so I am not downgrading it below two lippies. Reminiscent slightly of something in Goutals Nuit de Hadrian that is not my cup of tea. Incidentally, I don't think they have notes in common other than a vegetal or fruit rind bitterness that somehow reacts with the other ingredients in a not happy way on my skin. I generally do not have a problem with mimosa, iris etc. Only the barest faintest ghost of leather. Moving on.

Edit: it is starting to itch. I am demoting this . am scrubbing this off; it is taking three thorough washings with unscented glycerine soap to remove.

I think this perfume has a lovely feminine quality to it, that is unfortunately linked forever with a masculine one. Both are really good but I wouldnt wear them together. It makes me sad. And confused.

I have been waiting a few weeks to write this review... I needed to make sure I had my mind made up about this scent. My mom first tried it at a duty free shop and I initially hated it, believing it to be too strong, leathery, and in-your-face; later that day, we went to a restaurant, and I caught a whiff of the most wonderful smell...guess what it was? sneaky, sneaky Kelly. It leaves a delicious trail behind: it can only be described as soft, womanly and sophisticated... you can seriously smell the tuberose in this. I got my own bottle and use it mostly for special occasions, but I end up giving in and using it more often (maybe twice a week, as a treat). Lasting power is amazing: spray at 8 AM, still in your clothes by 11 PM!
Be warned: It's seriously addictive. I drove past the store several times over the last month, tempting myself to get a bigger stash, even though my current bottle is mostly full. But hey, at 50% off it's a pretty sweet deal, right?
I finally gave in yesterday and bought the two-pack (two 50 ml bottles, $50). Hooked you say? Yes, yes indeed.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Irises are well known for their Cold sharpness of scent and Poised Elegance of Flora, But what i'm about to discover that Irises like Roses can have a
Varity of Textures and Volume ;Ie Dior's Midnight Poison to Pale Rose of Chloe eau de Parfume,
The Fragrances of Hiris, Kelly Caleche & The thrid
Prada's Infusion d,Iris Is sort of a Trilogy All three are not alike but what they all have in common
Irises and the personality of each Perfume,

Kelly Caleche is the Middle Child of the Iris Family
Not as Autocratic Like The cold and steely Hiris
But a bit more dolled up then the Casual and Earthier
Artisan Sister of Prada's D'iris, If Hiris is the ice
Princess of the Irises And Infusion is the
Earthier Side Kelly is the Fire that tries to break
the Inner surface of the icy Muse A Woman who years for Adventure and yet Keeping her Refindness Kelly Calche Balances Out,

The Opening starts off with the vigor of Lemon then The centerpiece of this scent is the Iris Note brings an air of Old World Elegance of Musty Leather bound Books aged by time Green Tea Steeping to the senses Conjours images of Haughty Dowergers sipping Tea on 18th century Antiques, Rose adds a Lady-likeGentilness Suble and yet Definded it stands on it's own with the Dominate notes Kelly Ends with
finest of Leather Not Synthitic Just pure Leather
Finishes This Beauty.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I really was not expecting to fall for this one when I ordered a sample from Luckyscent. I have been putting it on my wrist and obsessively smelling it ever since I got it. Like many mentioned, I don't get a strong leather from this, more like an interpretation of leather by Ellena. The opening is light, sparkling. After it settles a little, the iris and the leather are more present. Everything is balanced though and it doesn't smell too strongly feminine or masculine. It stays close to the skin on me but lasts a long time, albeit softly. To me this is sophisticated but not stuffy or old lady. Can wear to work or on the weekend. I am definitely going to look into swapping for or buying a full bottle.

I think this perfume is lovely and elegant yet enticing and sexy. Really feminine yet somewhat androgynous. Airy and light with a hint of sweet but then also musky and dark. It has a really amazing balance. I really love it.

While I think the leather is prominent from the start to finish in this fragrance, I don't really recognize it as particularly leathery, it just blends so nicely with the florals and citrus that it becomes kind of a spicy, edgy floral. I love the subtle rose in this. It's so not typical cliche rose, it's done beautifully.

I got a decant sample of this in a swap a few weeks ago and am in the process of swapping for the full size from the same person. So excited. I have only tried the EDT at this point and think the sillage and lasting power is great. I'm sure I'll try the EDP too at some point.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

As a fragrance from Hermes, doesn't measure to the expectations. Just smells like your average, generic department store fragrance. I did the wrist test in the store and caused an itch on the area it was applied. It was still itchy even after hrs.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Upon the initial spray and first five minutes I get a lot of synthetic, alcoholy leather. It then goes through a phase of smelling like peppery water, but the drydown is quite nice, like spicy skin. Overall, it kind of reminds me of a barber shop. I don't mind the smell of barber shops--I just don't want to smell like one. This isn't really what I expected, and overall it's just okay, which is odd because I adore most Hermes fragrances.

Popular Fragrances