3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 years ago

This scent is very bland. Just a basic powdery scent with the tiniest hint of ocean. I love fresh scents that have some character, but Sea Island Cotton is just too plain for me. I wil not be purchasing this again. I would much prefer Dancing Waters or Juniper Breeze for a nice fresh scent from BBW.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I tried Sea Island Cotton from Bath & Body Works on a whim & not totally sure whether or not I’d like it because I’m someone who typically isn’t a fan of light scents, but I ended up loving it because it smells “real,” if that makes sense. It actually smells like cotton & linen. It’s simple & clean—it smells like laundry drying outside in the sun. You’d think it would be perfect for the summer, which is it, but I wear it throughout the year. The only think I dislike is how it wears kind of fast; I’m not sure if it’s because it’s so light or if it’s just my body chemistry. If you like the ocean or the beach, pick this up. I highly recommend! Top Notes: Crisp White Cotton, Clean Linen, Green Pear, Juicy Tangerine Mid Notes: Lily of the Valley, Fresh Orange Blossom, Blue Freesia, White Cotton Blossom, Dewy Jasmine Dry Notes: Ocean Musk, Soft Sandalwood, Vanilla Bean

About reviewer (362 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

THIS SMELL. WOW. One of my all-time signature scents. I LOVE it especially in the hot sweaty summers it's so clean and refreshing. I always get compliments when I spray it. It smells like the classic, lovely fresh cotton/clean linen smell. It instantly makes me feel refreshed and confident. I love carrying it around in the travel size fragrance mist. I will re-purchase every time I run out!

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

6 years ago

I really don't like this scent, it isn't for me

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

I love fresh, clean scents and this is by far my most favorite BBW fragrance. I have this in the body mist. To me, it smells like clean laundry. I love the smell of this. It makes me feel happy whenever I smell it. There is a girl at my work that wears the lotion and I always tell her how good she smells. I need to get this in the lotion and body wash too so I can layer it with the body mist.

About reviewer (927 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I like this scent. It's light, soft and fresh. If cotton had a smell, I imagine it to smell like this, because it just smells so nice and fresh. I like to use this as a room and bed spray, and also to spray on my clothes for that fresh laundry smell.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Other

7 years ago

I have EDT, body mist and creamy shower of this fragrance line. It's a very fresh scent which make you feel better in hot summer days. Its base note is a very nice vanilla scent, very very soft. It's the scent of pureness, cleanness but not the scent of a laundry detergent or fabric softener. It would be unfair to describe this scent as a cheap room refreshener smell. I use it for me, sometimes for my bed garnets, even for the room because this smell helps me relax (kind of anti-stress smell) and I like to smell it.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

It makes your clothes smell like fresh laundry. Pretty strong too, and the fragrance last for a pretty long time where ever you spray it on.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

7 years ago

[BATH & BODY WORKS SERIES #6] My nose is fine with this scent. Can’t complain at all. It’s my gorge that disagrees. About two seconds after I smell it, it’s a concentrated effort not to dry heave. There’s a sickly sweetness in the depths of this ostensibly fresh, outdoorsy fragrance that my system wants no part of. Before anyone asks, I can’t remember if I had the same problem with Cotton Blossom, but I don’t think I was ever in any special hurry to buy it.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

7 years ago

I love the smell of laundry, so when I first smelled Sea Island Cotton I loved it and had to buy it. When I got home, I sprayed this on me since I never put any body mists or lotions on the day I go shopping for new fragarances. I put it on ny neck and wrists, like any other body mist, and put it away. Boy, did I make a mistake buying this product! The scent didn't smell like laundry anymore- it smelled like pine trees. The scent didn' stay any longer than ten minutes, either. It was the worst product I have ever gotten from them, and I won't be buying this again.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure