The Body Shop bronzing powder

The Body Shop bronzing powder

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/15/2017 1:05:00 AM

Love it. More or less can be used depending upon the look you are trying to achieve and it stays in place and stays matte after a long day.

on 3/4/2014 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This bronzer is just great. Not shimmery, which is something I want in my bronzer. Blends naturally to my skin and brings nice color to face. Packaging is pretty and functional. It also lasts long, so it's worth its price.

I have just started to use this product and it is worth every penny. It is completely matte, not orange and very pigmented. Lasts all day. 5 stars!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my very first bronzers that I purchase and I'm so pleased with the product.The Body Shop is a makeup/skincare brand that doesn't test on animals, which might be a really big thumbs up for those people who don't like using makeup/skincare products that are tested on animals. I find this bronzer makes it easy for my brush to pick up the product and dust along my temple, hair line, cheekbones and jaw lines. It is the fact that is matte and buildable is the reason I love it. No shimmer, no glitter but it still does give you a flawless and sunkissed look. The bronzer is attached with a mirror, making it so convenient for on-the-go. I usually have a bad taste in my mouth about other drugstore so call "matte" bronzers, because when I go instore to test the products out, there are slight shimmer in it.

On my school photography day, I applied this generously on my cheekbones and jawline, because without this baby, I will look like a bloated pumpkin...which is not sexy. And guess what, for once in my life I actually LOVE how I turned out in the photo. Flash photography usually take out 20% of colour of your face, so to comeback this, bronzer is your best friend. It look flawless and natural in real life and photos, it doesn't leave you with any obvious and hideous orange streak on your gorgeous face, easy to blend out and build up, also it works wonders for contouring the side of your nose.

Packaging:
The only negative I found with these very bronzer is the product itself is very soft and delicate. I found that out when I pushed my finger into the product, which cause a deep crack instantly. And of course, I have way of dropping thing and it turn out The Body Shop Bronzing Powder was the unfortunate one for the day. It was completely shattered into million of piece and the hinge that connect the mirror with the product, have also came off in the process. What a shame, such a brilliant product, I really hope in the future The Body Shop would alter their makeup packaging.

Main ingredients:
Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Nylon-12 (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Zea Mays Starch (Absorbent/Chelating Agent), Mica (Opacifier), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer (Film Former), Magnesium Myristate (Opacifier), Barium Sulfate (Opacifier), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Soybean Glycerides (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Butyrospermum Parkii Unsaponifiables (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient), Benzyl PCA (Humectant), Lauroyl Lysine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Mel (Natural Additive). [+/- CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour), CI 77742 (Colour)].

Overall, it is definetly worth your money, for those beautiful girls out there that would die for a beautiful, sunkissed look during winter/summer.

Price-$28.95 AUS regular retail price.
Repurchase- Yes, but I'm still on my search to find other cheaper matte bronzers out there.

on 4/22/2012 5:20:00 PM

I brought the bronzing powder in gold glitter i think its the long sticks bronzer, anyhow i love this product gives me a very nice golden sparkly look and makes me look sunkissed, i also love the fact that when your in the dark the glitter shows up! :D its a nice color and ive purchased twice and would buy again, this would last you for ages as there is alot of product in the pan.

on 2/7/2012 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

In Australia, this product is relatively expensive (around the $25+ mark) and I wouldn't usually pay so much for a bronzer but oh my gosh I LOVE this product. I love it so much that I have been through 4 in the last couple of years (and saved the packaging becuase I love them so much). It's most definitely one of my most favourite products ever! I take my bronzer everywhere with me. On days I don't like wearing makeup, I will just wear a bit of this and instantly I have a healthy glow (and I have very dull looking skin). Would definitely recommend purchasing this. You won't regret it.

on 11/15/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I brought this bronzer in 01, initially I thought it was a completely "matte" bronzer, like another reviewer stated, yes it does have shimmer, but very fine and very minimal. It's the only bronzer I've got in my collection that is close to being a "matte" finish.
I love this bronzer, it compliments my complexion giving it a sun kissed finish. It's not overly pigmented, and you can build it up for a more intense colour. I prefer my bronzer to be buildable rather then pigmented, that way you know you can never end up looking like one of the cast of "Jersey Shore".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have this bronzer in 01, and feel like it is a good matte/satin bronzer. I was lucky to swap for this with someone (especially lucky since I recently found out that there are no more Body Shops in my state!). This bronzer is a nice peachy-light tan color. I am NC20-25 and this looks very natural on me. I think this could look natural and yet skin brightening on many skin tones. I think this would look very pretty on darker skin tones as more of a blush as a brightener or to warm up skin tone. Basically, this could work for many people, doesn't have shimmer, and is a nice neutral tone. However, I will say that almost an exact dupe for this would be the Essence brand Matt Bronzing Powder. It is only $3 and is spot-on for this bronzer.

on 5/29/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My second favorite (matte) bronzer so far. I was looking all around for another matte bronzer to try, even though I love my CARGO one, and found this one. Since there was a BOGO sale, I decided to grab the #01 along with another unrelated item. The color is perfect, the pigmentation is not as good as the CARGO one, but it is nice. If you can get this on sale, it is well worth it. It's not too bad even at the regular price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I don't like this bronzer. One part of the reason is that I bought a darker color. I should have bought 03 instead of 04, and it has shimmer but it is fine because it is not too much. The main reason I don't like it because it broke me out! A product from 'The Body Shop' should not break out on anyone! And it is quite expensive for a non-high-end bronzer. I will definitely not purchase it again!