Bioderma Sebium H2O

Bioderma Sebium H2O
Enter Title

4.1

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CITRATE , ZINC GLUCONATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 11/30/2017 11:38:00 AM

I am a skin care whore in the sense that I try so many damn things that my cupboards are filled with things i will use once or twice, and forget to reach for again.

This micellar water initially grabbed my attention because the actual product was new to me... removing makeup with a micellar water? Well well well what is this? I must try. I was never a fan of washing my face twice (but do live by the double-cleanse), as an oily skinned girl, I felt that only contributed to over drying my skin and producing more oil, so I figured this may help even a bit.

I have an extremely large bottle with a pump at the top which makes it fun and convenient to use in the PM for my first cleansing step. I saturate about 2-3 large square cotton rounds and get to wiping gently. I prefer to do gentle, but firm, strokes in one direction as to not irritate my sensitive skin that turns red at every touch. I wear a FULL face of makeup (Estee Lauder Double Wear + all other bells and whistles) and this removes almost all of it.

I dont like it for my eye makeup removal because its honestly a lot of work for my mascara removal and it can sting if accidentally gotten into eyes.. This makes me skin feel SO clean and refreshed after using it, and my face seems more even toned and calm after using this. This is geared for oily, problem skin (i assume the Zinc in it has something to do with that) but seeing as i wash my face right after for my last step in double-cleanse, I cant really say if it works for that.

I hope to continue to enjoy the results of this product.

on 11/17/2017 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have really oily skin and wear makeup daily. This is by far the best makeup remover I've ever used! This removes my full face of makeup with 3/4 cotton pads. I wear foundation, highlighter, bronzer, mascara, falsies and eyeliner. Removing my makeup is really easy and it doesn't irritate my skin which I have some sensitive areas. I've found that some micellar waters don't remove all my makeup and which I would have to keep wiping my face until everything is removed which hurts, but not this one! I've repurchased this so many times now and the huge bottle lasts me about 3 months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So..I used it for 6 years. And loved it every second. I have sensitive, combination skin, oily T-zone, acne-prone. Helped controlling oiliness but did not dry out, helped with acne. In the mornings I used just this, then applied moisturizer and make up. In the evenings I used it to take my makeup off and then washed with Bioderma gel, then moisturizer. There were times when I had more acne, times when I had less acne but overall I was satisfied with this product. However, after those 6 years I notice my face got red patches after cleaning it with his. I kinda didn't pay attention to it, as it went away couple of minutes after but over the time I thought something was wrong as it took more and more time for reddness to go away. So I asked my cosmetologist about it and she said it might happen to those who use Miceraillel Waters for many years as those micellas tend to be quite agressive on skin and cause reddness in most sesitive areas. So currently taking a break from this product. Then maybe try the one for sensitive skin.

on 8/28/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was recommended to me by a lot of people and I was so excited to try it.

Pros:
Smells nice, removes excess oil from my oily skin

Cons:
Does not remove all my makeup (consists of sunscreen, BB cream and occasionally powder)
Breaks me out. Even when I am not wearing makeup and just using this solution to wipe off excess oil from my face, I notice I break out into red inflamed spots hours after application. I'm not sure which ingredient in this in solution my skin is reacting to but I am surprised since I don't have sensitive skin.

Sensitive skin users beware! Check the ingredients!

on 7/31/2017 12:59:00 PM

I gave the packaging 5 lippies because my bottle cam with a very practical pump. I bought this because my dermatologist recommended it to help with my acne. I have almost finished my first bottle (500mL/16.7FL.OZ.). My acne is much milder (although still there) and I'm not sure whether this product contributed much, since I've also changed other products in my routine. I think it does a good job as a makeup remover.

PS - since I doubt that this is doing anything for my acne, I've bought Bioderma's Sensibio H2O as a replacement.

on 11/2/2016 11:04:00 AM

My holy grail micellar solution. Bought the small one first, then continued buying bigger bottles. Removes makeup in minutes, without dragging or pulling the skin, smells freshly of cucumber, and leaves my skin clean but not dry. Didn't even try the other line, Sensibio, although I intend to.

on 10/24/2016 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is good, it removes makeup, leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh, although I have a bunch of troubles with it, it is still the best cleanser I have used so far.
I would have liked it better if it was ph balanced. it dried out my skin a bit more than I want, my nose area got flakey looking for the first time in my life since I have oily skin.
plus I still need to apply antibacteria after cleansing.
I think I'll try the other one for sensitive skin next time

on 10/7/2016 9:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Pro
Remove makeup well
Con
Make my clogged pore turn into inflamed acne.(I didn't use it long enough to see if my face will be clear afterward or not)
Expensive

I'll stick to my HG bifesta sebum which is cheaper, effective and my skin has no rection to it

This stuff is awful. It leaves little pots of leftover makeup in all my pores, and has perfume. It leaves a sticky film over my face even when I use it without any makeup on. It also breaks me out.

Nope, nope, nope.

Just nope.

on 7/31/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After being a faithful Albolene user for 15 plus years, I decided to try Bioderma out. The main ingredient in Albolene is mineral oil, and while I have read enough articles about it being both harmful and harmless, I decided it wasn't worth the risk to continue using it if I could find an alternative with satisfactory performance. Enter Bioderma Sebium. One of the things that had me sold on Albolene was that even though I have combination skin, it wasn't breaking me out or causing other problems with my skin. All that being said, not only has the Bioderma been just as gentle, it has been much more efficient at removing all remnants of makeup with much less tugging and rubbing on the skin. And the best part? It gets the job done with one cotton pad. For someone that wears as much mascara base/mascara as I do, that is amazing. It truly is gentle and effective. I will not be going back to Albolene.