Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil
Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil

4.1

Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 4/21/2017 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super beautiful !! I love this !! It's very shimmery. I use it as an eyeshadow & highlighter

This is my daily sun protection. The ingredients of this product are as follows:

ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, MICA, SILICA, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ZINC OXIDE, LECITHIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES.

While this is not SPF rated, the inclusion of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide guarantees some modicum of sun protection

This goes on without colour and is not irritating to my acne-prone rosacean skin.

This is slightly drying in the winter but perfect in the summer and warmer seasons.

I dislike the non-recylcable plastic packaging but the product is my one exception item to this rule for its low price and usefulness.

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Picked this up for a dollar in Virginia and I can't live without it! It keeps my powder foundation from getting all creamy and translucent at the end of the day, and the brush helps to buff out my makeup. Plus, it adds no color. While I agree that the brush applicator doesn't release as much powder as some would like, I think a little goes a long way. Which is funny, considering just how much product you get for the money, .33 oz. The mirror that comes on the cap is kind of laughable, as it's too small to be of any use, but I'm paying for a veil, not a mirror. All in all, it's a product I'm sticking with, as it serves me very well. Smells a bit funny though.

on 10/24/2013 6:55:00 PM

I fear that is might be discontinued for individual sale, because I can only ever find it in a value set with blush and mineral foundation. Nonetheless, I love this stuff! It's perfect for oily and acne prone skin. It sets my foundation nicely without imparting any additional color to the makeup. The applicator is terrible, it's a great concept, it just doesn't work well at all. I usually just empty some of the powder into an old bare minerals sifter container and apply with a kabuki brush. For what seems like such a small amount that you purchase, it really does last awhile.

on 8/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

This is pretty handy, I tap this several times (depending on how much powder I want) against my thigh to get the powder out. The tapping does the trick, although it seems like a hassle, it's better than having the powder seep out on its own. I guess it was packaged that way so that the user can have more control over the amount of powder they need (ultimately, coverage) and it also serves as a way to prevent waste (so you're saving).

on 5/28/2013 12:35:00 PM

Other reviews have said that the product is hard to get out of the brush. I don't think that it is a problem though. It does not come out heavy, but I wouldn't want it to. I would rather have a light coverage wear I need it later in the day when I put a little more on, it is not cakey. Product does a pretty good job, lasts about 6 hours before first touch up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love love love this product, I purchased this on whim in a mineral makeup set at Walmart. The loose powder comes in really weird packaging.. I do not use the brush included because it seem impractical. I just tap some powder in the cap and use my own powder brush. I have really oily skin and I believe that this is the best drugstore setting powder I have used. It definitely keeps my face matte after application of all my makeup for about 4-5 hours before blotting!!! I will definitely repurchase. I wish this came in a container rather than the weird brush applicator packaging...

on 11/14/2012 5:27:00 PM

I just bought this last week as part of a kit. (15 bucks at walmart) I have to say I LOVE IT. Love! It makes my skin look so smooth and flawless. I have blotchy skin with redness and some acne scars and with this powder you can't see any of it. I notce people who know me looking at my face like something is different. I'm pretty sure ill never be without it. I think this would be the only thing I would take out with me for touch ups. Its perfect. Keep making it ill keep buying it!

My skin gets oily pretty fast on my t-zone and this helps A LOT. I use MAC Studio Fix powder foundation on top of Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer and I find it's not oil controlling enough...so I was using loose powder on top. It did ok, but I still had to blot my face every hour pretty much. I noticed a difference the first time I used this...First it gives a nice finish to your skin..matte but not too dry looking, kind of a satin finish (hard to explain) ....just better looking than a reg loose powder. I put this on top of my makeup and went out shopping for about an hour and a half...I looked in the mirror when I got home I WASN'T SHINY!!!!..nice satiny smooth finish...still. As far as the packaging it's a nice idea, it makes it so you can bring it in your bag for easy touch ups...BUT...I initially apply it with my own powder brush because the brush it comes with is kinda scratchy...but it's ok for touch ups on the go. I can't relate to the people reviewing this below when they say how the powder doesn't come out through the brush...... the first time I used it I shook the thing anticipating a struggle and powder went flying all over the place..LOL...so mine works just fine. I got this in a package deal that included a blush and a pressed powder. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a more yellow/neutral colour....it's fine on me (translucent) but it's a little pinkish and I'm trying to tone down the redness in my face. I think generally speaking most people look better with yellow/neutral powders.

on 12/3/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

first off the packaging is horrible because u can barelyget anything out. the formula is effective though but u might as well unscrew the brush and dip it into the container that the powder is in. when i bought this i bought it in a kit for 28 bucks that comes w/ and pressed powder,the veil and blush which if i had bought them seperatly it would had costed over 50 dolllars to i guess i was worth.