MAC Cosmetics Bright Sunshine

Bright Sunshine

4.9

on 11/16/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Great colour and pigment for Bright Sunshine, the perfect yellow.

I put it on sheer over MAC liquid eyeliner to create iridescence or pack it on for bright, funky eye looks with orange or green.

If you need a yellow, this is it.

on 11/13/2010 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the yellow of your dreams. It is pigmented, it has a touch of iridescence and it layers over liquid eyeliner to make it pearlescent and beautiful. If you have even a slight tan, get this colour. Use it over darker colours. It is awesome.

on 10/6/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I will keep this simple: if you are looking for an intense, shimmery golden yellow then Bright Sunshine is what you need. It is much more intense than Going Bananas--richer, livelier. BS looks wonderfully awesome with Goldmine, Amber Lights and Off the Page! The name is totally accurate. I cannot stress how lovely and summery this color is!

on 6/10/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my HG yellow! It is super pigmented and not chalky at all! The color does not fade throughout the day either. It shows up so beautifully against my brown skin. Also, it blends like a dream! :)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It is a really nice bright yellow, but for some reason mine seems very chalky. I will not be repurchasing this again.

on 4/23/2009 9:50:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

i cant rave enough about this eyeshadow!!!! its everything i wanted chrome yellow to be and then some!! i was on the fence about chrome yellow and couldnt make up my mind.. everytime i swatched it, i was like mehhh its kinda sheer and kinda chalky. i wasnt a huge fan of its texture. then i came across bright sunshine which is a pro color (thank you internet) and i immediatly checked MUA reviews and when i saw the picture and the positive reviews i placed my order immediatly. i am so glad i did.. its a beautiful TRUE yellow with the perfect amount of shimmer.. yet its NOT glittery or chalky.it has less fall out then golden lemon pigment IMO and it blends like a dream and looks fabulous paired with coppering and fuschia pigment

i wore it a few days ago with humid, swimming and charteuse pigment and it was absolutly stunning

if u can get your hands on this hurry up and grab it!!

I have been a fanatic of yellow eyeshadows for much of my makeup-wearing life, going all the way back to Lancome's Slide. I hoped that MAC would have a nice, frosty, true yellow...and I found it in Bright Sunshine.

The payoff on this is absolutely amazing. It is truly bright, and it has a bit of the frost to it which is absolutely essential, as mattes make me look sick. If I put it on over Shell CCB, it will last all day. I typically use this with UD Jones and Fuschia pigment for a sunset-inspired look, or with Royal Flush, Sea & Sky, and Fresh Green Mix for a rainbow look.

The downside about this shadow is not that it is a PRO product-although that is a pain. The main downside is that it is, like some frosts, kind of a pain to apply at times. I have figured out that the best way to apply this is to use a 231 or a smaller-headed brush to really pack the colour on-and then it's the exact same colour in the pot as it is on your eyes.

It also is extremely blendable as well, which suits it to a lot of different looks. I much prefer this to Going Bananas, which doesn't even show up on me.

I'm definitely buying this again, although next time in pan form.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I buy my eyeshadows at a MAC PRO store so the price is cheaper than some of the eyeshadows popping up in say Target and I trust MAC a lot more. This yellow is my favorite yellow e/s that I own. I use it a lot with Bio Green and it is really as pretty and pigmented as it looks in the tin. If you love color, this is a must have.

This is probably the best yellow eyeshadow ever. I'd decribe it as a metallic warm yellow rather than bright primary yellow. Over rubenesque paint pot it becomes an awesome true gold. Love it paired with greys and charcoals (gentle fume, charred, knight divine) but bright sunshine suits with almost all colors (purples, blues, greens, taupes, browns...)

on 11/21/2007 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is the yellow that i have been waiting for, i have always had chrome yellow but it something wasn't right with it i think its too dark... anyways sunshine yellow is the best yellow that mac has come up with .. :) you won't be dissapointed! great texture and color pay off! and it dosen't hurt that its frost, my fav!