3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is great! I love Clinique power lash, but have been looking for something cheaper. This works - no clumps, defines (I find I have to wiggle the brush for the best results), stays put all day. I also find it easier to remove than the Clinique - it comes off in proper tubes rather than little bits.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

HG tubing mascara! Stays on ALL day, no smudging or flaking. Gives me wonderful length and volume and nice dark black color. Mine is in the gold tube, not the black tube. Have already re-purchased :)

About reviewer (624 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I found my new favorite mascara! It does exactly what it says it will and does it all day & night without smudging or flaking. Very reasonable too, and I definitely will recommend it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

from

3 years ago

EDIT: Stay Perfect Mascara, I will officially let you out if the dog house. I do believe that there is a learning curve when it comes to a tubing mascara and after I have been using tubing mascara for a while now I came back to this product and now I really like it. The thing one needs to remember with a tubing mascara is to use a primer first and it is here that one does all the work laying it on thick, possibly wiggling it for volume and really working it, even heavily handed if need-be. The tubing mascara should been then applied before the primer dries from root to tip in one smooth stroke. Don't wiggle or focus on the tips of the lashed as doing to will result in uneven tubed or odd balls at the tip of the lashes that look spidery and unattractive. I have no issues covering the heavy white primer with this mascara which is the goal here, simply cover the white in a thick, even coat of mascara. Applied correctly there is no smudging an very minimal flaking or tube debris which is still not ideal but also nothing like the issues I have had with other mascaras. I really like the brush, a modern, silicone-like applicator with little teeth that work well and are not spiky to the eye when using. I have left the older review to show what happens before one learns how to work with a tubing mascara. ------------------------------- This mascara is a fail for me, at least on the top lashes. Maybe I expect to much as this mascara looks terrible when I try to build it into the lashes which Cover Girl's remarkable professional mascara gives me. With this I get spidery, uneven lashes that look terrible. I do like it, however for the bottom lashes where I have much lower expectations. Here it defines an darkens but does not smudge or flake which I like, as most mascara's, even Cover Girls's does on the bottom to make up give up product on the bottom. For this reason I may buy again, but make no mistake I am disappointed in the product.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Other, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

1.0

3 years ago

This THE WORST of the tubing mascaras out there. I'm trying the whole lot just now to be able to veer myself off the Clinique's Lash Power that I've been using for years just in case it is discontinued (brands love to do that s***t to faithful customers, don't they). I had hopes this one could be a cheaper version of the Clinique's product, but I was wrong. So wrong. The brush is plastic with literally spikes sticking out which means that when you want to get to the very roots of the lashes, you are inevitably poking yourself painfully in the eye. (Clinique, Bobbi brown and Kevyn Aucoin have traditional bristle wands). It might be the brush's design or the heavy formula itself that make the lashes very sparse looking and like they are pretty much nonexistent. They loose the curl immediately after application (OK, Clinique's LP is not the best at holding curl but at least it kind of works for several hours), look short, stubby and unattractive. No lengthening effect here at all, which I actually quite like when using LP. The formula lasts, so at least that and comes off quite spectacularly with warm water and flannel (just wet the flannel with warm water and hold it flat against your closed eyelids - in about 30 sec the polymers start to unbind and come off in great big, fluffy clunks. Clinique's LP comes off rather in smaller powdery bits.) but that is the only positive thing I can say about this mascara.

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I love this mascara. I wear contacts and most mascaras leave me with panda eyes. I tried this mascara when another MUA person said it was good. It's easy to apply and I think it's quite natural looking. It's a tubing mascara so it doesn't smudge and it's easy to remove. You just use warm water and the tubes slide right off. I haven't had any issues with my lashes falling out. It's a 10 from me. I have bought this 4 times now and do not plan to try another mascara as long as this is being made.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I *love* tubing mascara. I'm actually a little obsessed with it. I've tried offerings from ELF all the way to Dior. I can't put my finger on what is making this one so clumpy on me, whether it's the brush or the formula, but I'm leaning toward the brush. It's just not doing a good job of separating my lashes, where on the other end of the spectrum is Clinique Lash Power Feathering, which separates my lashes so well I can barely get any volume at all! This is the most dissatisfied I've been so far with a tubing mascara and it's a bummer, because I do like the price point. UPDATE: I've given this a few more tries, and while it isn't my favorite tubing mascara still, it certainly isn't as bad as I had thought before. I think there was just a learning curve with the brush, and now that I've learned to work fast, and use one thin coat, it's actually doing a decent job, so I'm bumping it from 3 to 4 stars.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I have repurchased this TWICE... I only use it on my lower lashes because this stuff does not budge! I have used it on all of my lashes, once... and it was waaay too hard to take off. my eyes get watery so my lower mascara will smudge, but not with this! if you have a problem with your lower lashes smudging.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

No.7 in the gold tube. One of the worst tubing mascaras I've ever used. Leaves a rubbery, hard, crunchy coating on lashes that is ridiculously difficult to remove. Returned.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Fine

4 years ago

It's not my first tubing mascara. I had a clinique one acouple of years ago.The reason i like tubing mascara is because i dont have to rub the delicate under eye skin when removing it and because it does not irritate my eyes. This mascara is good for everyday. It will not give the false eyeglasses effect, nothing over the top but enough to open up my eyes.I have straight, short eyelashes and this mascara does add some volume and length and even curl. But you have to apply coats while it has not dried otherwise it will look clumpy. It also good in defining eyelashes.The short rubber bristles do good job picking up my eyelashes and separating them. True to its name, it will look perfect even after taking nap or being outside in humid weather. The ultimate test for its waterproof abilities i had yesterday while swimming in the ocean, diving into waves. It did not smudge at all! In my local target its always sold out but i found it on target.com. There is also a sticker with instruction on how to remove it on the tube. You just need to gently rub you eyelashes with warm water until the mascara peels off.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure