Boots No7 Stay Perfect Mascara

3.6

on 7/14/2016 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

No.7 in the gold tube. One of the worst tubing mascaras I've ever used. Leaves a rubbery, hard, crunchy coating on lashes that is ridiculously difficult to remove. Returned.

on 7/7/2016 2:25:00 PM

It's not my first tubing mascara. I had a clinique one acouple of years ago.The reason i like tubing mascara is because i dont have to rub the delicate under eye skin when removing it and because it does not irritate my eyes.
This mascara is good for everyday. It will not give the false eyeglasses effect, nothing over the top but enough to open up my eyes.I have straight, short eyelashes and this mascara does add some volume and length and even curl.
But you have to apply coats while it has not dried otherwise it will look clumpy.
It also good in defining eyelashes.The short rubber bristles do good job picking up my eyelashes and separating them.

True to its name, it will look perfect even after taking nap or being outside in humid weather.
The ultimate test for its waterproof abilities i had yesterday while swimming in the ocean, diving into waves. It did not smudge
at all!
In my local target its always sold out but i found it on target.com.
There is also a sticker with instruction on how to remove it on the tube.
You just need to gently rub you eyelashes with warm water until the mascara peels off.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/3/2016 6:42:00 PM

I had never tried a tubing mascara before this one, and I don't think I need to look around for another. Over the past 18 months, this has become my go-to mascara for when I want long wear. It's also the only mascara I have ever found that I can wear on my lower lashes without problems. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, it survives a bit of watery allergy eyes without a problem. You can nap in it, and wake up with it looking perfect.

It is not the sort of mascara that will wow you with your long, full, dramatic lashes after use; it's a very natural-looking mascara. Also, this is not the product for someone who likes to do multiple coats—you can work it for a bit on one eye at a time to get some length, but once you switch eyes, there's no going back; if you try, you'll ruin the surface of the tubes that are forming and get a gluey mess.

I have learned a few things about using this product:

1. You know how with most mascaras (the wax & pigment type) you can wiggle it at the base of your lashes to quickly approximate eyeliner? Well, don't do that with this stuff. The texture of this stuff when it dries is tight and uncomfortable on your skin.

2. When it starts going on clumpy, it's time to throw out the tube and get another one. This generally happens about eight weeks in for me.

3. Eye makeup remover does NOTHING to budge this stuff. You'll only get frustrated. You have to use warm water.

4. When removing it, very warm water is much, much better than tepid water. I soak a cotton pad in fairly warm (but not uncomfortably warm) water and hold it on one closed eye for 30-60 seconds, then gently swipe downward to begin removing the tubes. Repeat the downward strokes, and if you're still having trouble, rinse off the cotton pad and hold it there for another 15 seconds or so to make the tubes release. If you want a non-disposable removal method, baby washcloths work well as an alternate to disposable cotton pads.

4. Those really AREN'T your eyelashes coming off, they really are the tubes. It'll take a dozen or so removals to really believe it.

on 2/29/2016 11:47:00 AM

Finally! This is the best mascara for sensitive eyes that water a lot. I haven't been able to regularly wear mascara for the past year because my allergies have gotten so bad that my eyes water all the time. I can't deal with mascara that burns my eyes, flakes off the lashes, or leaves sooty smudges under my eyes. I had heard about tubing formulas but didn't want to pay a lot for a product that I need to replace every couple of months. Somehow I found out that Boots (sold at my Target) had a tubing formula (this one!) for only $9.99. It has a chic gold metallic tube that is completely shrink-wrapped so you know it's been kept sanitary on the shelf. The first time I tried it, I was completely wow-ed--it really defines my lashes and makes them look longer. You do have to be careful and not try to apply too many coats or it will get spidery, though. It's super-easy to remove this mascara too. I just love it. I have no need to search for another mascara now because I've found "the one."

I love this mascara, though it is VERY badly billed: this is not a volumizing mascara by any means but a DEFINING mascara! The packaging releases JUST the right amount of mascara (no rubbing a bunch of product off the wand first!).

Also, duh, it's tubing, so you remove it a little differently, but, at least for me, it doesn't budge until you do. If you like a natural/separated lash look, I suggest this one.

I tested this mascara out against my fave one that I use at night, I wanted to find one less dramatic and more subtle to wear during the day. This one clumped right away and gave me issues with when I tried taking it off, it was wayyy too difficult.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my Holy Grail mascara! I have tried so many different mascaras in the past, drugstore and high end, and I couldn't find one that stayed put all day while giving my lashes volume and length. For a long time I used L'oreal Voluminous because I loved the look it gave my lashes, but settled for only wearing it on my top lashes so I wouldn't look like a raccoon at the end of the day.
I heard about the "tubing" mascara trend and found out about No. 7's online, and I have to say I was a bit skeptical about its promise to provide "24 hour wear", but I saw it at Target for $9.99 and decided why not? And I couldn't be happier with it! It makes my lashes super long and separated with one coat, and it held my curl perfectly! It stayed on my top and bottom lashes flawlessly ALL DAY, absolutely no smudges or flakes. I even took a nap in it and it looked exactly the same when I woke up.
Removal of this mascara is surprisingly easy. All I use is water and a cotton pad and it comes off quick and easy without leaving streaks on the skin or residue on the lashes. Couldn't ask for anything more!

on 2/25/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ah the "No 7 mascara in the gold tube" I've heard so much about. This appears to be a sleeper hit as it turns out many of my friends and colleagues wear it, even though you don't hear much about it. So I went out and got it and it lives up to expectations.

Pros:
Does. Not. Budge. Seriously, this stuff won't flake or smear if you did a workout in the Sahara Desert.

Reasonably priced using No 7 coupons. (A bit pricey without, mind you)

Gives very dramatic lashes with just one coat. Makes them look a mile long and black as sin.

Cons:
Tiresome to remove. The downside of all that staying power.

Definately not for those who want a subtle look.

Can look clumpy - care needs to be taken to fan it out evenly.

This is now my go-to mascara for occasions where I have to rely on my mascara all day. 12 hour shift at work? Going to a wedding? This is my little gold buddy.

Will probably repurchase as long as they make it.

I always get the dreaded panda marks under my eyes. After reading all the tube mascara reviews I decided to go for the stay perfect in a gold tube. After 12 hrs still no dark marks at all. I Wouldn't say it givese the longest lushest lashes in the world but I only need it for the bottom so will put my usual mascara on the top lashes. It does a lovely job on the bottom ones......v happy indeed x

on 12/10/2014 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First things first, I want to make it clear that this mascara has been reformulated. It now comes in a gold tube. I uploaded a picture to give you all a better idea of what to look for & what the brush looks like now.

I never tried the old formulation. But I'm looking at reviews and not a single person is mentioning warm water to remove this. Boots No 7 Stay Perfect (in the gold tube) is now a tubing mascara! So if you do by chance buy this, do not be a moron like one reviewer on Target's website was - use warm water to remove the tubes off your lashes (vs MU remover...).

Typically I stay far away from drugstore priced mascaras. All the 'waterproof' ones smudged on me as my pizzaface's oil remove them & caused them to smear on my lower lids. The closest I got to a decent waterproof mascara was actually Loreal's INTENZA Butterfly waterproof mascara.

I honestly didn't care for mascara until I found tubing formulas. After a god awful experience with Loreal's Double Extend mascara, I swore to never try a drugstore tubing mascara again. Besides, that was basically the only tubing mascara on the drugstore market back then.

So I tried many of the tubing mascaras Sephora & Nordstroms offer. Becca, Clinique, Too Faced... Blinc was definitely my favorite. I favor Blinc's original formula over their "Amplified" version. Either way, they're both $26 & well worth the price. I'll gladly pay that to not have raccoon eyes.

Moving forward, recently (as I write this review) a fellow MUAer mentioned to me that Boots had a Blinc knock off. I was very intrigued, yet didn't expect much. I bought it & was beyond pleasantly surprised. I actually like this better than Blinc!

I do not notice much difference in terms of formula. Both are rather wet for tubing mascaras, but that gives you more of an opportunity to separate the lashes before it sets. However the one thing that gives Boots an edge on its competition is the brush. If you look at the pic (the one with the gold tube...) you'll see it has a very small sturdy brush. This makes getting EVERY lash very simple. Even on your bottom lash line. You can do one coat for a natural look, and two - three for a dramatic falsies look.

I will repurchase, along with recommend this mascara to everyone out there that as issues with mascaras smudging.