Boots No7 Stay Perfect Mascara

3.9

on 6/18/2017 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the first tubing mascara I've ever used that removes as claimed--with warm water and a bit of pressure--and comes off completely on the first go. This is a very nice mascara that now comes packaged in a fairly bulky gold plastic tube (I hate bulky mascara tubes--they're just showy and waste room in my makeup case). The formula is fairly wet, but it applies easily and didn't uncurl my lashes. The brush is perfect for the formula, which delivers great length with a fair amount of volume. It wore well for a full day with no smudging or flaking, and didn't irritate my eyes. And the removal--yes, it's really easy. It's available only in black which will suit most people, although I generally prefer brown-black or brown for daytime wear. I really like the easy application and removal, as well as the look and longevity it delivers. It's middling-pricey at $10, although you can catch it on sale or with a discount for considerably less. Depending on your mascara preferences (which are almost as individual as fragrance), you may just love this. I like this product very much, but not as well as Benefit's They're Real! Tinted Lash Primer (my current favorite), but well enough that I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I read on a blog that a layer of tubing mascara over your regular mascara will prevent smudging. I recently bought Maybelline full n' soft, and loved the mascara except for the smudging. I bought this to layer over, and it has worked out well.

I just put one layer of Maybelline, then one layer of No7 mascara, my eyelashes are defined, separated, lengthened, and have some volume. This does not hold a curl as well as some other mascaras, but I don't mind. I recently watched an interview with the makeup artist Val Garland, and she said she didn't love curled lashes, and that long straight lashes are sexy. So this is my mascara combo for long, sexy lashes. If I want curl I'll use L'Oreal mascara

On its own this mascara is good. It defines and lengthens lashes. I may get a couple clumps, but they are easily removed by running my finger or a lash comb through the lash. Edit my lashes do have a bit more "oomph" using full n soft and this as a top layer

on 6/10/2017 12:34:00 PM

If you have sensitive eyes, this is the mascara for you.

After a few tubes of Clinique Lash Power gave me wimpy lashes and irritated eyes, I finally got a clue and searched for something else. I have always thought "you get what you pay for" was incredibly true with cosmetics, but even Chanel has irritated my eyes.

This time, I came across No7 Stay Perfect (which is in a gold tube, not black as pictured here) and decided to give it a try. Wow!! This stuff is great. It's coats my lashes beautifully, lasts all day, and comes off easily at night with a warm washcloth. No more bloodshot eyes!

This mascara isn't build-able, as some have complained. It's not meant to be. When mascaras are build-able, that usually means flecks will come off during the day. And for those with sensitive eyes, that's a bummer.

To get eyelashes that look great, I curl my lashes before applying the mascara. Then I let the mascara completely dry, and curl them again. The look great all day. Note: I don't use mascara on my lowers--I prefer a more natural look.

At this writing, it's a cheap $9.99 at most drugstores. But yesterday I found a buy 2/get 1 free deal at Walgreens.com. It was sold out online, so I went to my local store and snagged my 3 tubes. Yeah. It's a fantastic bargain with or without a sale--go for it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: My 1st tube was dried out. I took that one back and got a different tube and totally different findings. It's a very wet application and my curl almost doesn't stand up to it. It leaves my lashes looking defined and kind of spidery. I have to use a lash comb to separate my lashes. And it is hard to remove. Had flakes coming off 2-3 days later.

This reminds me of DHC's tubing mascara but with some differences. For me this only gave me definition and some length. I didn't get much volume, which is also true with DHC. Brush is not as good as DHC. Price is great at approximately $8. An ok tubing mascara but not my favorite. Imju fiberwig is way better and Clinique's versions are better too.

on 6/3/2017 5:27:00 AM

This is great! I love Clinique power lash, but have been looking for something cheaper. This works - no clumps, defines (I find I have to wiggle the brush for the best results), stays put all day. I also find it easier to remove than the Clinique - it comes off in proper tubes rather than little bits.

HG tubing mascara! Stays on ALL day, no smudging or flaking. Gives me wonderful length and volume and nice dark black color. Mine is in the gold tube, not the black tube. Have already re-purchased :)

on 5/24/2017 1:03:00 PM

I found my new favorite mascara! It does exactly what it says it will and does it all day & night without smudging or flaking. Very reasonable too, and I definitely will recommend it.

on 5/5/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

EDIT: Stay Perfect Mascara, I will officially let you out if the dog house. I do believe that there is a learning curve when it comes to a tubing mascara and after I have been using tubing mascara for a while now I came back to this product and now I really like it. The thing one needs to remember with a tubing mascara is to use a primer first and it is here that one does all the work laying it on thick, possibly wiggling it for volume and really working it, even heavily handed if need-be. The tubing mascara should been then applied before the primer dries from root to tip in one smooth stroke. Don't wiggle or focus on the tips of the lashed as doing to will result in uneven tubed or odd balls at the tip of the lashes that look spidery and unattractive. I have no issues covering the heavy white primer with this mascara which is the goal here, simply cover the white in a thick, even coat of mascara. Applied correctly there is no smudging an very minimal flaking or tube debris which is still not ideal but also nothing like the issues I have had with other mascaras. I really like the brush, a modern, silicone-like applicator with little teeth that work well and are not spiky to the eye when using. I have left the older review to show what happens before one learns how to work with a tubing mascara.

-------------------------------

This mascara is a fail for me, at least on the top lashes. Maybe I expect to much as this mascara looks terrible when I try to build it into the lashes Cover Girl's remarkable professional mascara gives me. With this I get spidery, uneven lashes that look terrible. I do like it, however for the bottom lashes where I have much lower expectations. Here it defines an darkens but does not smudge or flake which I like, as most mascara's, even Cover Girls's does on the bottom to make up give up product on the bottom. For this reason I may buy again, but make no mistake I am disappointed in the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This THE WORST of the tubing mascaras out there.

I'm trying the whole lot just now to be able to veer myself off the Clinique's Lash Power that I've been using for years just in case it is discontinued (brands love to do that s***t to faithful customers, don't they). I had hopes this one could be a cheaper version of the Clinique's product, but I was wrong. So wrong.

The brush is plastic with literally spikes sticking out which means that when you want to get to the very roots of the lashes, you are inevitably poking yourself painfully in the eye. (Clinique, Bobbi brown and Kevyn Aucoin have traditional bristle wands). It might be the brush's design or the heavy formula itself that make the lashes very sparse looking and like they are pretty much nonexistent. They loose the curl immediately after application (OK, Clinique's LP is not the best at holding curl but at least it kind of works for several hours), look short, stubby and unattractive. No lengthening effect here at all, which I actually quite like when using LP.

The formula lasts, so at least that and comes off quite spectacularly with warm water and flannel (just wet the flannel with warm water and hold it flat against your closed eyelids - in about 30 sec the polymers start to unbind and come off in great big, fluffy clunks. Clinique's LP comes off rather in smaller powdery bits.) but that is the only positive thing I can say about this mascara.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara. I wear contacts and most mascaras leave me with panda eyes. I tried this mascara when another MUA person said it was good. It's easy to apply and I think it's quite natural looking. It's a tubing mascara so it doesn't smudge and it's easy to remove. You just use warm water and the tubes slide right off. I haven't had any issues with my lashes falling out. It's a 10 from me. I have bought this 4 times now and do not plan to try another mascara as long as this is being made.