Boots No7 Stay Perfect Mascara

Boots  No7 Stay Perfect Mascara
No7 Stay Perfect Mascara

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the tubing version of Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Long-Lasting Volume mascara - in the gold tube.

This is the first drugstore tubing mascara that I have found that is worthwhile, and it's at a great price so I recommend huntng it down. This mascara goes on wet, so you do have to take a little time and keep stroking to build up the lashes as it dries. The brush is really nice and small so you can get to all your lashes, even the bottom lashes and corner of eye. No stabbling your eyeballs with a giant brush trying to get to all lashes.

I was the queen of Panda/Raccoon eyes before tubing mascaras, and have been waiting and waiting for a decent drugstore version. Stay Perfect mascara does just that, stays perfectly without a single smudge until I take it off. When it's time to remove it, water and a little gentle working of the lashes between fingers, and the tubes just come right off - no worries!

I would call this an awesome daytime mascara, and will keep my more expensive Clinique High Impact Curling tubing mascara for evenings, as it goes on thicker and builds faster than the Boots. All-round though, this Boots mascara is a keeper!

on 9/9/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have always worn drugstore mascara. The past couple of years I have worn only tubing mascara because otherwise there are never ending smears. I have worn L'OREAL, NYX, and Boots. NYX is by far the worst. The wand is awful. Boots and L'ORÉAL have completely different wands, neither very good, and I was satisfied equally with them. None of them had a particularly great formula but I rationalized it as the price to pay to not smudge. I had no volume, no length, but I did have black.

I finally bought Estee Lauder and am completely happy. I will never go back.

on 6/18/2017 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the first tubing mascara I've ever used that removes as claimed--with warm water and a bit of pressure--and comes off completely on the first go. This is a very nice mascara that now comes packaged in a fairly bulky gold plastic tube (I hate bulky mascara tubes--they're just showy and waste room in my makeup case). The formula is fairly wet, but it applies easily and didn't uncurl my lashes. The brush is perfect for the formula, which delivers great length with a fair amount of volume. It wore well for a full day with no smudging or flaking, and didn't irritate my eyes. And the removal--yes, it's really easy. It's available only in black which will suit most people, although I generally prefer brown-black or brown for daytime wear. I really like the easy application and removal, as well as the look and longevity it delivers. It's middling-pricey at $10, although you can catch it on sale or with a discount for considerably less. Depending on your mascara preferences (which are almost as individual as fragrance), you may just love this. I like this product very much, but not as well as Benefit's They're Real! Tinted Lash Primer (my current favorite), but well enough that I will repurchase.

on 9/7/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I am a long time user of blinc tubing mascaras. I am so glad tubing mascaras were invented as they are a must for my oily lids. I tried the L'oreaI tubing mascara years ago and found it very dull and sort of grayish even in the darkest color. So I gave up on finding a drugstore replacement. I heard about the boots version as decided to try as it is less than half the price of blinc. I am very impressed- holds up just as well as the expensive brand and it a rich glossy black. I get nice separation of lashes as well. While I still prefer the large fluffy brush on blinc amplified, I will be sticking w the boots.

on 6/10/2017 12:34:00 PM

If you have sensitive eyes, this is the mascara for you.

After a few tubes of Clinique Lash Power gave me wimpy lashes and irritated eyes, I finally got a clue and searched for something else. I have always thought "you get what you pay for" was incredibly true with cosmetics, but even Chanel has irritated my eyes.

This time, I came across No7 Stay Perfect (which is in a gold tube, not black as pictured here) and decided to give it a try. Wow!! This stuff is great. It's coats my lashes beautifully, lasts all day, and comes off easily at night with a warm washcloth. No more bloodshot eyes!

This mascara isn't build-able, as some have complained. It's not meant to be. When mascaras are build-able, that usually means flecks will come off during the day. And for those with sensitive eyes, that's a bummer.

To get eyelashes that look great, I curl my lashes before applying the mascara. Then I let the mascara completely dry, and curl them again. The look great all day. Note: I don't use mascara on my lowers--I prefer a more natural look.

At this writing, it's a cheap $9.99 at most drugstores. But yesterday I found a buy 2/get 1 free deal at Walgreens.com. It was sold out online, so I went to my local store and snagged my 3 tubes. Yeah. It's a fantastic bargain with or without a sale--go for it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I read on a blog that a layer of tubing mascara over your regular mascara will prevent smudging. I recently bought Maybelline full n' soft, and loved the mascara except for the smudging. I bought this to layer over, and it has worked out well.

I just put one layer of Maybelline, then one layer of No7 mascara, my eyelashes are defined, separated, lengthened, and have some volume. This does not hold a curl as well as some other mascaras, but I don't mind. I recently watched an interview with the makeup artist Val Garland, and she said she didn't love curled lashes, and that long straight lashes are sexy. So this is my mascara combo for long, sexy lashes. If I want curl I'll use L'Oreal mascara

On its own this mascara is good. It defines and lengthens lashes. I may get a couple clumps, but they are easily removed by running my finger or a lash comb through the lash. Edit my lashes do have a bit more "oomph" using full n soft and this as a top layer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: My 1st tube was dried out. I took that one back and got a different tube and totally different findings. It's a very wet application and my curl almost doesn't stand up to it. It leaves my lashes looking defined and kind of spidery. I have to use a lash comb to separate my lashes. And it is hard to remove. Had flakes coming off 2-3 days later.

This reminds me of DHC's tubing mascara but with some differences. For me this only gave me definition and some length. I didn't get much volume, which is also true with DHC. Brush is not as good as DHC. Price is great at approximately $8. An ok tubing mascara but not my favorite. Imju fiberwig is way better and Clinique's versions are better too.

HG tubing mascara! Stays on ALL day, no smudging or flaking. Gives me wonderful length and volume and nice dark black color. Mine is in the gold tube, not the black tube. Have already re-purchased :)

on 6/3/2017 5:27:00 AM

This is great! I love Clinique power lash, but have been looking for something cheaper. This works - no clumps, defines (I find I have to wiggle the brush for the best results), stays put all day. I also find it easier to remove than the Clinique - it comes off in proper tubes rather than little bits.

on 5/24/2017 1:03:00 PM

I found my new favorite mascara! It does exactly what it says it will and does it all day & night without smudging or flaking. Very reasonable too, and I definitely will recommend it.