Chanel Narcisse [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Narcisse [DISCONTINUED]
narcisseChanel Narcisse blushChanel JC #Narcisse (Euro Version)

4.5

Ingredients: talc, fragrance, bentonite, zea mays (corn) starch, sodium methylparaben. May contain: red 6, red 7 lake, red 34 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 28 lake, carmine, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ferric ferrocynanide, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Like other Chanel Joues Contraste blushes, I was sad to see this one discontinued. It's a beautiful shade of ballerina pink, and while I would not call it natural (I do not blush this particular hue of pink), it adds a lovely subtle pop of color to my very fair complexion (NW5-10; NARS Siberia). I have the Euro version, which I believe is slightly more pink than its US counterpart. I love the finish, which is flawless and glowing; Chanel JCs are definitely my favorite blushes for the finish alone. I only wish I had a backup!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for the swatch and the actual product pic. I'm reviewing the Euro version and fyi, I'm a neutral PPP with freckles, currently using Cle de Peau Refining Liquid fdt in I10/ Chanel Teint Innocence in #10 Albatre. Note that this is still available in Hong Kong, instead of being really discontinued.

I was always trying to avoid this blusher at the beginning as in the counter tester, it looked like a garnish dusty pink. I suppose it's due to poor maintenance of this pretty charm at the counter over here. I got mine from swapping and for God's sake, it is nothing like what I saw at the counter though still being the same old Euro version. It's a very pretty pale doll pink which is leaning towards the cool side. Definitely not as cool toned as Turbulent. I am glad that it didn't look off against my complexion as I have freckles, just mentioned above. Some really cool toned blushers look really odd on me, say Shu Uemura Glow On in M Pink 32E. It is a lavender-ish pink. Read my review if interested. I didn't notice any observable shimmers in the pan but it still provides the typical JC glow. Just not as glowy as those with apparent shimmers in the pan like Orchid Rose and Reflex. The shimmer level is just like the one in Rose Dust. Also, the glow is a subtle and natural silvery one, not a golden one.

I also own JCs in Rose Dust and Orchid Rose, but by far, this is my favourite. Don't get me wrong, I still like the other 2. My hand jsut grab this automatically, lol. It's just like the pink that my own skin will produce normally, along with the healthy skin subtle glow.

However, I have a feeling that this doesn't last as long as the other 2 JCs I have. Not sure if it's because this is a lighter colour? But still, I'm very in love with this. I can go without touch-up for this max for 8 hours, while I can go for 12 hours for the other 2 JCs I also have. So, still pretty good.

Some girls are having problems to make this show up on skin and I don't have this problem at all. I guess try using a denser and "stiffer" brush? I'm using the Euro version Face Contour Brush (#5) by Chanel though I need to brush it against the pan for more times than my other 2 JCs. Still, this is decently pigmented as the colour is buildable. You can complain that it takes mroe time, but somehow I prefer it this way - I can build up to what I want instead of dusting my cheek full with colour that I actually need to swipe them away or to blend like hell.

Btw, I love the rosy scent and I can actually stick my nose to sniff it, lol. Anyway, it's gone when applied onto my skin. No allergic reactions caused to me until now.

Pics taken without flash next to my room window when there is some sunlight.

continued >>

on 4/10/2010 6:58:00 PM

I'm PPP, cool-toned, blonde and 37. This works REALLY wel on me and I'm so glad got one before it was discontinued. Find one if you can - it totally works for me

Why did they stop making this? The perfect pop of pink on my fair skin. Glowing but no sparkles. I must find a back up.

When I was gushing over the Chanel counter just before Christmas and trying to resist but failing, I tested the blushes on my hand and this stood out, the colour so pretty and it seemed to have little shimmer though it which I loved, so I trawled around town until I could find somewhere that had it in stock. It was very expensive, for what you get when you open the compact up is a little circle of it and a pretty useless brush in terms of size for your cheeks, but beautiful beatiful packaging, absolutely perfect in that sense. It goes on quite lightly and I can't ever really see it have the sparkle and beautiful colour that I thought it did in the shop. I wouldn't purchase such a small thing for almost thirty pounds, when I can maybe get a little blusher in similarity somewhere else for much less just because it isn't Chanel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like the packaging of this because there is a little mirror inside and there is an elegant chanel sign on the front. The only thing I didn't like about the packaging though was that the brush that comes along with it is so small that I had to throw it away and buy a nice brush separately. The really light color looks nice on porcelain skin but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has a dark tan. Also, if you forget to use a highlighter, then the pale color of this blush kind of highlights the skin by itself. I was surprised by this the first time I used it because I usually use darker blush colors (suck as coral or the chanel InLove blush color). What I disliked about this blush was that sometimes it's hard to apply it to your cheeks, because you need to go over the color 6-10 times until some actually gets onto your brush.

on 2/8/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adored this colour, I thought it was the perfect pink and wore it often..until I saw myself in some pics and it just looked so clownish. I prefer to look natural so sadly my hunt for the perfect blusher continues!
EDIT I gave this blusher another try and I have to say I am in love again! I think the colouring was slightly off on the computer I viewed the pics on because I saw them on a friend's computer and the colour looked fine! It really is a gorgeous shade and I am glad I didnt throw it out! :)

My favorite blush. I feel so pretty wearing this. Is it really discontinued? :(

Um, wow this is a great blush! So I was looking for a nice soft looking kinda cool/neutral pink blush. I kept reading about the infamous Chanel Narcisse & a lemming was born. Was bummed when I heard this was discontinued. I have & love Deep Throat but I wanted something a little pinker for different looks. I actually found Narcisse at a counter in my local Macys. I immediately bought it for fear that I'd never get the chance again. The color is very warm looking in pan but doesn't look warm on the skin. I personally find the blush to be very pigmented. The first time I wore it I swiped my brush over the blush twice & immediately put too much. I looked like a clown. I tried it again with one light swipe & the color gives my cheeks a very natural soft pinky glow. The staying power is very good. The price is outrageous but hey, it comes with the Chanel territory. The packaging is a bit clunky and can be prone to fingerprints but it's very elegant looking. I hope this lasts cause I can't afford to buy a backup if this is really discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

smell was really great..
too light and it looked unnatural to my olive skin..
packaging is ok since it came with a lilttle brush..
it's not for everybody..
mine is just sitting around untouched!