NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

This review is for the medium to dark. Ugh. Never again. Consistency is far too watery yet left me feeling like I lubed up with vegetable oil...not good. Also, no color payoff whatsoever, even after a few days. Oh and the smell, horrendus. Sort of peach-like as another reviewer mentioned, which gives way to an odd, almost waxy scent. I had to check the expiration date, it was so bad. Probably the worst self tanning (gradual) lotion I've encountered thus far. Oddly enough, I like the Nivea Sun-kissed legs a lot, as it gives a noticable yet subtle tint in just one use.

on 6/17/2010 12:13:00 PM

I have used self tanners for years - and my avoidance of sunbathing has paid off as I am often told that I look about 40 (I am 49). I have lately been using Jergens and Dove, and like them fairly well. But I had been curious about this for a while. I picked it up about a month ago but returned it as the bottle I had purchased was expired. I saw it again recently and decided to give it another try with a fresh bottle. I am glad I did - I am really liking this. It is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application, but then the stickiness goes away - and a few hours later (I put it on before bedtime, so I am not sure how long color development takes) I have some nice color. I am relatively fair and my legs are pretty pale - but now I am able to wear shorts w/o being self-concious. I don't look like I just came from a week at the beach - more like I just have a good medium color naturally. And that is all I really want. (By-the-way, I am using the Medium to Dark - didn't see this one on the list). I haven't found it to be drying, as a previous reviewer did - but I'll watch for that - I may not have used it long enough yet.

I find the smell of the lotion interesting, but not at all unpleasant. The scent later seems very neutral to me - I am not detecting the self-tanner scent at all. As for the "Firming" part - can't really say I see anything, but I think those claims are mostly hype anyway - I'll depend on exercise and diet to do that. After just a few uses of this lotion, I am sold. I will continue to use and update more later.

on 8/4/2009 1:33:00 AM

I have used a lot of sunless tanners and this ranks up there with the best of them! This tanner has never streaked or turned orange. And I actually think is smells nice! Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I already bought 4 bottles of this one. It moisturises very well. I used it all summer, and now that it's cold winter, and that my skin needs more moisturising, this product still does perfect job. I love the color of the tan, it's perfect on my fair skin. You see absolutely no mark. You get a lovely glow all over after 3 days using it. Great!

on 6/18/2008 10:31:00 PM

I have been using this product for only 2 days but I really like it so far. I already have a tan and I am trying to extend the color by using this lotion. It smells nice, even my husband liked it! I use it before bed and when I woke up I had the self-tanner smell on me! I am not sure if I am imagining it or not but I seem tanner and it looks very natural.

on 6/6/2008 4:17:00 PM

I just used this last night and I already have more color in my normally fair/pale skin. I'm not talking dramatic I've-baked-in-the-sun-for-hours color but a slight shade darker than I was before. Nice coverage. This does have an odor, not like typical self-tanners, and it's not unpleasant; difficult to describe but I wouldn't say it's like perfume or fruit. It did feel sticky on my skin while I was waiting for it to dry. I think it also feels heavy so I wouldn't wear this during the day. I think th bottle is small but the size and cost seem to be about average for this type of product. I'm taking away one lippie for the sticky/smell factor.

Popular Lotions / Creams