NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.2

I must have gotten a different batch because I have some different experiences then the other reviews. Which is actually like as I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I know Nivea is generally fairly expensive compared to a lot of drugstore brands so maybe that's why. Anyway, I found the bottles I purchased to be rather runny instead of thick. Which is fine with me because I can put a light layer of my perfumed body lotion on top. I get a nice golden color from it which is another plus - no orange, no streaks or spots. It does have a slight stench which isn't exactly the same as most self tanners. It smells a bit off in the bottle. I don't mind though, like I said I use perfumed body lotion on top. I'd buy it again for a dollar that's for sure. If I had to pay full price, maybe.

on 4/24/2008 2:49:00 PM

At first it smells ok, couple hours later, it smells terrible. My husband said i smelled like i took a bath in urine, and I agreed! If u can handle the smell it gives a nice color, otherwise, don't bother purchasing, because it stinks!

Hmm, I don't know if you're supposed to use this on your face (the bottle doesn't say) but I do anyway. Loved the fact that it didn't turn my face orange, and the color is subtle so it's not like "whoa what happened to your face?" Doesn't clog my pores too much, which is good. And it was pretty cheap compared to other self tanners that are crap. Just be sure to blend in evenly, I didn't the first time and ended up with a mustache. Oops.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great gradual tanner! No chemical scent; just a lovely fresh peach fragrance. Gives nice color. I use the medium- I'm really fair and see enough color after only 2 uses. Doesn't dry out my skin like other tanning "moisturizers". Dries quickly but sticky..would be great for the face, since NO stinging even under the eyes..but it is heavy enough to clog pores so use with caution on oily skin prone to breakouts. My HG tanner.

on 9/7/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like it so far. I use the medium to dark one, but there was no listing for that one. I'm very fair skinned, and I like to look tan, but not super dark the way traditional self-tanners make you look, but still darker than using one of these subtle ones in the light tones, so I go in between and get a dark gradual one, like this. It matches my skin tone pretty well, so no funny orange shades. I've used it now for exactly five days now, the bottle said you develop the "sun kissed" look in five days, and it did what it claimed to do- natural, not super tan, but I can now wear a skirt without hose and feel ok about it! I don't know about the skin firming thing though, but I don't have a problem with that, so that's not what I bought it for. All in all, I like it better than Jergans.

on 7/30/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The scent isn't bad at all for a self-tanning product, color was faint, but nice. Unfortunately, after a week or so of using this, my skin became extremely dry! I took a good look at the ingredients and well, denatured alcohol will do that to you, especially when it's at the top of the list!