Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.2

on 12/20/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

THE SMELL ALONE SHOULD DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM GETTING THIS PRODUCT. I CAN ONLY USE IT AT NIGHT SO THE SMELL GOES AWAY BY MORNING. AS FAR AS COLORING GOES IT DOES A GOOD JOB, NO STREAKING OR BLOTCHES. IT COMES OUT ALL RUNNY THOUGH AND QUITE FRANKLY COMES OFF AS CHEAPLY MADE.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the "medium to dark" version. I couldn't find a separate listing for it. I like that this lotion is very thin. It makes it easy to get all over, including between my shoulder blades. I also like that it doesn't streak and that it's gradual. What I don't like is that the color is a bit too orange, the smell is horrendous and lasts for many hours, and I got a LOT of acne on my chest about 8 hours after using this. Stupid me, I kept using it for a few more days. I didn't have any chest acne before and now I'm combating 4 fully formed pimples and I can feel another 6 or so coming up. Gross! Between that and the truly toxic smell I can't recommend this to anyone.

I must have gotten a different batch because I have some different experiences then the other reviews. Which is actually like as I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I know Nivea is generally fairly expensive compared to a lot of drugstore brands so maybe that's why. Anyway, I found the bottles I purchased to be rather runny instead of thick. Which is fine with me because I can put a light layer of my perfumed body lotion on top. I get a nice golden color from it which is another plus - no orange, no streaks or spots. It does have a slight stench which isn't exactly the same as most self tanners. It smells a bit off in the bottle. I don't mind though, like I said I use perfumed body lotion on top. I'd buy it again for a dollar that's for sure. If I had to pay full price, maybe.

on 5/28/2009 7:46:00 PM

I have tried many gradual tanning moisturizers and this is one is one of the better ones I have tried. It does have "smell" to it that most tanning moisturizers have but I didn't think it was as bad as Jergens' or Vasilines verisons. It gave very natural, gradual color which is nice because I am very fair. Hawiian Tropic makes a tanning moisturizer that has a very good smell and gives good color but it is a hard product to find. All and all I would buy again.

This a beautiful self-tanner! It tans gently and gradually. No streaks. Beautiful golden color. Not a hint of orange. Absolutely perfect, natural, golden color. The color appears gradually over the course of 3 - 5 days. I've been using it for 5 days now, once a day (in the morning after my shower), and the soft increase in color each day is perfect. This looks like a real, genuine tan (I used to tan a lot before I realized how bad it was for my skin), and the color I am getting from this self-tanner is exactly the same as my natural tanning color! Beautiful, natural, perfect results! I also like how thin this is in consistency - it absorbs nicely and feels very light going on. The scent is of peaches and mangos, and I smell no self-tanner scent at all. Great product! Highly recommend!!! 5 lippies!

on 7/30/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The scent isn't bad at all for a self-tanning product, color was faint, but nice. Unfortunately, after a week or so of using this, my skin became extremely dry! I took a good look at the ingredients and well, denatured alcohol will do that to you, especially when it's at the top of the list!

Popular Lotions / Creams