NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Filtered by hair type : Other
NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.0

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/28/2007 11:51:00 PM

This product is supposedly both a moisturizer for the body and a gradual self tanner. I purchased this on the advice of someone at Nivea's customer service number. Nivea discontinued their Shimmer body lotion and I was looking for a similar product. I should preface this review by saying I wasn't really looking for a self tanner, just something that would give me the glow and shimmer of their discontinued lotion. So, perhaps this is why I was not wowed by this product. Even though this product is supposed to very gradually give you color, it still reeks of that horrible self tanner odor. You don't smell it at first, since the product has very heavy citrus perfume, but when that fades away...be prepared! Maybe I have a sensitive nose when it comes to self tanner odor, but I was glad I only used it on my legs and not my arms, so unless I was bending down, the smell wasn't always in my face. The odor doesn't wash off no matter how hard you scrub in the shower. It did leave my skin soft and even a bit less white, although a tad orange rather than tan.
A glutton for punishment, I actually used it 2 days before finally adding it to the "graveyard" of products under the bathroom sink.
Hard to fairly judge this product. I guess it does what it says although I can't tell about the firming properties, but for me the smell was just too much to contend with. If you have a less sensitive nose than I do, or if your body chemistry doesn't make self tanners "stinky", then you might be very happy with this product. At $6.99 a bottle, it is cheap enough to give it a whirl.