Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the "medium to dark" version. I couldn't find a separate listing for it. I like that this lotion is very thin. It makes it easy to get all over, including between my shoulder blades. I also like that it doesn't streak and that it's gradual. What I don't like is that the color is a bit too orange, the smell is horrendous and lasts for many hours, and I got a LOT of acne on my chest about 8 hours after using this. Stupid me, I kept using it for a few more days. I didn't have any chest acne before and now I'm combating 4 fully formed pimples and I can feel another 6 or so coming up. Gross! Between that and the truly toxic smell I can't recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love this lotion. It gives me a light tannish look to my skin and I love that it helps firm your skin (even though my skin hasn't started sagging yet).

The only thing about this is that it's a little watery and it smells kind of weird.

I have yet to find a lotion that firms your skin AND tans, so I will be buying this til I find something cheaper or better... which might be soon because I'm having a hard time find this lotion and I think they are discontinuing it =(

on 6/17/2010 12:13:00 PM

I have used self tanners for years - and my avoidance of sunbathing has paid off as I am often told that I look about 40 (I am 49). I have lately been using Jergens and Dove, and like them fairly well. But I had been curious about this for a while. I picked it up about a month ago but returned it as the bottle I had purchased was expired. I saw it again recently and decided to give it another try with a fresh bottle. I am glad I did - I am really liking this. It is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application, but then the stickiness goes away - and a few hours later (I put it on before bedtime, so I am not sure how long color development takes) I have some nice color. I am relatively fair and my legs are pretty pale - but now I am able to wear shorts w/o being self-concious. I don't look like I just came from a week at the beach - more like I just have a good medium color naturally. And that is all I really want. (By-the-way, I am using the Medium to Dark - didn't see this one on the list). I haven't found it to be drying, as a previous reviewer did - but I'll watch for that - I may not have used it long enough yet.

I find the smell of the lotion interesting, but not at all unpleasant. The scent later seems very neutral to me - I am not detecting the self-tanner scent at all. As for the "Firming" part - can't really say I see anything, but I think those claims are mostly hype anyway - I'll depend on exercise and diet to do that. After just a few uses of this lotion, I am sold. I will continue to use and update more later.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I like to be very in control of my tanning, so when I use this I am very careful. I usually combine this with the regular Nivea skin firming lotion and apply one coat at a time. I am able to control to intensity of the color that way. My skin is sensitive to self applied tanners, and this one works very well. I would recommend that anyone who has the same issue as I do, try this!

I must have gotten a different batch because I have some different experiences then the other reviews. Which is actually like as I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I know Nivea is generally fairly expensive compared to a lot of drugstore brands so maybe that's why. Anyway, I found the bottles I purchased to be rather runny instead of thick. Which is fine with me because I can put a light layer of my perfumed body lotion on top. I get a nice golden color from it which is another plus - no orange, no streaks or spots. It does have a slight stench which isn't exactly the same as most self tanners. It smells a bit off in the bottle. I don't mind though, like I said I use perfumed body lotion on top. I'd buy it again for a dollar that's for sure. If I had to pay full price, maybe.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I already bought 4 bottles of this one. It moisturises very well. I used it all summer, and now that it's cold winter, and that my skin needs more moisturising, this product still does perfect job. I love the color of the tan, it's perfect on my fair skin. You see absolutely no mark. You get a lovely glow all over after 3 days using it. Great!

on 6/18/2008 10:31:00 PM

I have been using this product for only 2 days but I really like it so far. I already have a tan and I am trying to extend the color by using this lotion. It smells nice, even my husband liked it! I use it before bed and when I woke up I had the self-tanner smell on me! I am not sure if I am imagining it or not but I seem tanner and it looks very natural.

on 6/6/2008 4:17:00 PM

I just used this last night and I already have more color in my normally fair/pale skin. I'm not talking dramatic I've-baked-in-the-sun-for-hours color but a slight shade darker than I was before. Nice coverage. This does have an odor, not like typical self-tanners, and it's not unpleasant; difficult to describe but I wouldn't say it's like perfume or fruit. It did feel sticky on my skin while I was waiting for it to dry. I think it also feels heavy so I wouldn't wear this during the day. I think th bottle is small but the size and cost seem to be about average for this type of product. I'm taking away one lippie for the sticky/smell factor.

Popular Lotions / Creams