Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.7

This review is for the medium to dark. Ugh. Never again. Consistency is far too watery yet left me feeling like I lubed up with vegetable oil...not good. Also, no color payoff whatsoever, even after a few days. Oh and the smell, horrendus. Sort of peach-like as another reviewer mentioned, which gives way to an odd, almost waxy scent. I had to check the expiration date, it was so bad. Probably the worst self tanning (gradual) lotion I've encountered thus far. Oddly enough, I like the Nivea Sun-kissed legs a lot, as it gives a noticable yet subtle tint in just one use.

on 6/17/2010 12:13:00 PM

I have used self tanners for years - and my avoidance of sunbathing has paid off as I am often told that I look about 40 (I am 49). I have lately been using Jergens and Dove, and like them fairly well. But I had been curious about this for a while. I picked it up about a month ago but returned it as the bottle I had purchased was expired. I saw it again recently and decided to give it another try with a fresh bottle. I am glad I did - I am really liking this. It is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application, but then the stickiness goes away - and a few hours later (I put it on before bedtime, so I am not sure how long color development takes) I have some nice color. I am relatively fair and my legs are pretty pale - but now I am able to wear shorts w/o being self-concious. I don't look like I just came from a week at the beach - more like I just have a good medium color naturally. And that is all I really want. (By-the-way, I am using the Medium to Dark - didn't see this one on the list). I haven't found it to be drying, as a previous reviewer did - but I'll watch for that - I may not have used it long enough yet.

I find the smell of the lotion interesting, but not at all unpleasant. The scent later seems very neutral to me - I am not detecting the self-tanner scent at all. As for the "Firming" part - can't really say I see anything, but I think those claims are mostly hype anyway - I'll depend on exercise and diet to do that. After just a few uses of this lotion, I am sold. I will continue to use and update more later.

on 12/8/2009 4:32:00 AM

I've been using this product on and off for about a year. I really like the color it gives me ( I use medium-dark), but it dries my skin real bad and the smell is killing me. If you have oily skin and can tolerate strong self-tan odor, I guess you'll be ok with it :)

I must have gotten a different batch because I have some different experiences then the other reviews. Which is actually like as I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I know Nivea is generally fairly expensive compared to a lot of drugstore brands so maybe that's why. Anyway, I found the bottles I purchased to be rather runny instead of thick. Which is fine with me because I can put a light layer of my perfumed body lotion on top. I get a nice golden color from it which is another plus - no orange, no streaks or spots. It does have a slight stench which isn't exactly the same as most self tanners. It smells a bit off in the bottle. I don't mind though, like I said I use perfumed body lotion on top. I'd buy it again for a dollar that's for sure. If I had to pay full price, maybe.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I already bought 4 bottles of this one. It moisturises very well. I used it all summer, and now that it's cold winter, and that my skin needs more moisturising, this product still does perfect job. I love the color of the tan, it's perfect on my fair skin. You see absolutely no mark. You get a lovely glow all over after 3 days using it. Great!

on 6/18/2008 10:31:00 PM

I have been using this product for only 2 days but I really like it so far. I already have a tan and I am trying to extend the color by using this lotion. It smells nice, even my husband liked it! I use it before bed and when I woke up I had the self-tanner smell on me! I am not sure if I am imagining it or not but I seem tanner and it looks very natural.

This a beautiful self-tanner! It tans gently and gradually. No streaks. Beautiful golden color. Not a hint of orange. Absolutely perfect, natural, golden color. The color appears gradually over the course of 3 - 5 days. I've been using it for 5 days now, once a day (in the morning after my shower), and the soft increase in color each day is perfect. This looks like a real, genuine tan (I used to tan a lot before I realized how bad it was for my skin), and the color I am getting from this self-tanner is exactly the same as my natural tanning color! Beautiful, natural, perfect results! I also like how thin this is in consistency - it absorbs nicely and feels very light going on. The scent is of peaches and mangos, and I smell no self-tanner scent at all. Great product! Highly recommend!!! 5 lippies!

on 6/6/2008 4:17:00 PM

I just used this last night and I already have more color in my normally fair/pale skin. I'm not talking dramatic I've-baked-in-the-sun-for-hours color but a slight shade darker than I was before. Nice coverage. This does have an odor, not like typical self-tanners, and it's not unpleasant; difficult to describe but I wouldn't say it's like perfume or fruit. It did feel sticky on my skin while I was waiting for it to dry. I think it also feels heavy so I wouldn't wear this during the day. I think th bottle is small but the size and cost seem to be about average for this type of product. I'm taking away one lippie for the sticky/smell factor.

on 4/24/2008 2:49:00 PM

At first it smells ok, couple hours later, it smells terrible. My husband said i smelled like i took a bath in urine, and I agreed! If u can handle the smell it gives a nice color, otherwise, don't bother purchasing, because it stinks!

Hmm, I don't know if you're supposed to use this on your face (the bottle doesn't say) but I do anyway. Loved the fact that it didn't turn my face orange, and the color is subtle so it's not like "whoa what happened to your face?" Doesn't clog my pores too much, which is good. And it was pretty cheap compared to other self tanners that are crap. Just be sure to blend in evenly, I didn't the first time and ended up with a mustache. Oops.

Popular Lotions / Creams