Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.5

on 10/16/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday at RITE AID for $8.49...it was the best money i ever spent. It does have a light peachy scent but it's nice. I already have a nice glow since putting it on yesterday...then again this morning. by the way, i bought the medium/tan.

on 6/17/2010 12:13:00 PM

I have used self tanners for years - and my avoidance of sunbathing has paid off as I am often told that I look about 40 (I am 49). I have lately been using Jergens and Dove, and like them fairly well. But I had been curious about this for a while. I picked it up about a month ago but returned it as the bottle I had purchased was expired. I saw it again recently and decided to give it another try with a fresh bottle. I am glad I did - I am really liking this. It is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application, but then the stickiness goes away - and a few hours later (I put it on before bedtime, so I am not sure how long color development takes) I have some nice color. I am relatively fair and my legs are pretty pale - but now I am able to wear shorts w/o being self-concious. I don't look like I just came from a week at the beach - more like I just have a good medium color naturally. And that is all I really want. (By-the-way, I am using the Medium to Dark - didn't see this one on the list). I haven't found it to be drying, as a previous reviewer did - but I'll watch for that - I may not have used it long enough yet.

I find the smell of the lotion interesting, but not at all unpleasant. The scent later seems very neutral to me - I am not detecting the self-tanner scent at all. As for the "Firming" part - can't really say I see anything, but I think those claims are mostly hype anyway - I'll depend on exercise and diet to do that. After just a few uses of this lotion, I am sold. I will continue to use and update more later.

on 8/4/2009 1:33:00 AM

I have used a lot of sunless tanners and this ranks up there with the best of them! This tanner has never streaked or turned orange. And I actually think is smells nice! Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I already bought 4 bottles of this one. It moisturises very well. I used it all summer, and now that it's cold winter, and that my skin needs more moisturising, this product still does perfect job. I love the color of the tan, it's perfect on my fair skin. You see absolutely no mark. You get a lovely glow all over after 3 days using it. Great!

This a beautiful self-tanner! It tans gently and gradually. No streaks. Beautiful golden color. Not a hint of orange. Absolutely perfect, natural, golden color. The color appears gradually over the course of 3 - 5 days. I've been using it for 5 days now, once a day (in the morning after my shower), and the soft increase in color each day is perfect. This looks like a real, genuine tan (I used to tan a lot before I realized how bad it was for my skin), and the color I am getting from this self-tanner is exactly the same as my natural tanning color! Beautiful, natural, perfect results! I also like how thin this is in consistency - it absorbs nicely and feels very light going on. The scent is of peaches and mangos, and I smell no self-tanner scent at all. Great product! Highly recommend!!! 5 lippies!

on 10/30/2007 5:12:00 AM

One of the least streaky, non-orange gradual tanners I've ever used. Previous purchases in Dove and Jergens left gross smelling "self tanning" scent and orange-y streaks.

I'm pale/fair skinned (C3 in Mac foundation) with a little bit of yellow undertones (I'm Chinese) and my legs (super pale) never tan (contrary to the rest of my body). I use the light to medium.

On day 3 of my Nivea Sun-Kissed firming moisturizing regimen and I have to say the smell is VERY pleasant. The peach scent is really soothing and I can only smell a faint, minute hint of that self tanner smell.

Only had one small streak on my leg, but only because I forgot to put lotion on that spot. Streak was subtle, wasn't noticeable so I corrected this by not using the product for 2 days and continuing again afterwards.

Nice color, matches my skin perfectly, and gives a light tan/glowing look. Not orange at all. Bought this for around $7 so it's cheap, but the product is used up somewhat faster than other drugstore tanning lotions.

Definitely the best gradual tanning lotion I've tried so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love this lotion. It gives me a light tannish look to my skin and I love that it helps firm your skin (even though my skin hasn't started sagging yet).

The only thing about this is that it's a little watery and it smells kind of weird.

I have yet to find a lotion that firms your skin AND tans, so I will be buying this til I find something cheaper or better... which might be soon because I'm having a hard time find this lotion and I think they are discontinuing it =(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I like to be very in control of my tanning, so when I use this I am very careful. I usually combine this with the regular Nivea skin firming lotion and apply one coat at a time. I am able to control to intensity of the color that way. My skin is sensitive to self applied tanners, and this one works very well. I would recommend that anyone who has the same issue as I do, try this!

I must have gotten a different batch because I have some different experiences then the other reviews. Which is actually like as I picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I know Nivea is generally fairly expensive compared to a lot of drugstore brands so maybe that's why. Anyway, I found the bottles I purchased to be rather runny instead of thick. Which is fine with me because I can put a light layer of my perfumed body lotion on top. I get a nice golden color from it which is another plus - no orange, no streaks or spots. It does have a slight stench which isn't exactly the same as most self tanners. It smells a bit off in the bottle. I don't mind though, like I said I use perfumed body lotion on top. I'd buy it again for a dollar that's for sure. If I had to pay full price, maybe.

on 5/28/2009 7:46:00 PM

I have tried many gradual tanning moisturizers and this is one is one of the better ones I have tried. It does have "smell" to it that most tanning moisturizers have but I didn't think it was as bad as Jergens' or Vasilines verisons. It gave very natural, gradual color which is nice because I am very fair. Hawiian Tropic makes a tanning moisturizer that has a very good smell and gives good color but it is a hard product to find. All and all I would buy again.

Popular Lotions / Creams