NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.5

This review is for the medium to dark. Ugh. Never again. Consistency is far too watery yet left me feeling like I lubed up with vegetable oil...not good. Also, no color payoff whatsoever, even after a few days. Oh and the smell, horrendus. Sort of peach-like as another reviewer mentioned, which gives way to an odd, almost waxy scent. I had to check the expiration date, it was so bad. Probably the worst self tanning (gradual) lotion I've encountered thus far. Oddly enough, I like the Nivea Sun-kissed legs a lot, as it gives a noticable yet subtle tint in just one use.

on 9/20/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is for the 'medium to dark version'. There is only one pro: this lotion did moisturize my skin. Now to the cons. First off, I paid 10 dollars for this lotion, which is only 8.4. I can get a bottle of cocoa butter lotion that's 2 that size for half the price!! Second, the smell, ugh. It smells nice when you first put it on, but then it starts to have a sort of sweaty smell. Not cool. Third, I've YET to see results from this product. It claims that you will see results within 5 days. I've been using this product, for almost 2 weeks, and haven't seen the slightest change. Then again, my legs haven't seen the sunlight in almost 9 years so, that could be a big factor.

Ugh. My legs turned orange and splotchy, really bad. It smelled better than most, but I'm returning it tomorrow.

on 7/30/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The scent isn't bad at all for a self-tanning product, color was faint, but nice. Unfortunately, after a week or so of using this, my skin became extremely dry! I took a good look at the ingredients and well, denatured alcohol will do that to you, especially when it's at the top of the list!

on 12/20/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

THE SMELL ALONE SHOULD DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM GETTING THIS PRODUCT. I CAN ONLY USE IT AT NIGHT SO THE SMELL GOES AWAY BY MORNING. AS FAR AS COLORING GOES IT DOES A GOOD JOB, NO STREAKING OR BLOTCHES. IT COMES OUT ALL RUNNY THOUGH AND QUITE FRANKLY COMES OFF AS CHEAPLY MADE.

on 10/9/2008 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this product lingers not only on your skin but on everything you come in contact with, i.e. your bed, pillows, clothes etc!! I was becoming really self conscious that other people, especially at the gym could smell the lotion and i think one guy did and walked away!! im not kidding, this stuff has such a strong odor...the color is very nice though. im gonna try it maybe just at night and take a shower in the morning to get rid of smell. xoxo

on 4/24/2008 2:49:00 PM

At first it smells ok, couple hours later, it smells terrible. My husband said i smelled like i took a bath in urine, and I agreed! If u can handle the smell it gives a nice color, otherwise, don't bother purchasing, because it stinks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the "medium to dark" version. I couldn't find a separate listing for it. I like that this lotion is very thin. It makes it easy to get all over, including between my shoulder blades. I also like that it doesn't streak and that it's gradual. What I don't like is that the color is a bit too orange, the smell is horrendous and lasts for many hours, and I got a LOT of acne on my chest about 8 hours after using this. Stupid me, I kept using it for a few more days. I didn't have any chest acne before and now I'm combating 4 fully formed pimples and I can feel another 6 or so coming up. Gross! Between that and the truly toxic smell I can't recommend this to anyone.

on 12/8/2009 4:32:00 AM

I've been using this product on and off for about a year. I really like the color it gives me ( I use medium-dark), but it dries my skin real bad and the smell is killing me. If you have oily skin and can tolerate strong self-tan odor, I guess you'll be ok with it :)

on 3/20/2008 9:47:00 AM

this one smelled okay...in the beginning. i had been looking for a gradual tanner that wouldn't make me sick from the smell and out of the bottle this one smelled different. it has ginko biloba in it to help w/ the smell. unfortunatly the smell was there after a few hours with the lotion on. and it was bad. i won't buy this again because of the smell, but it also turned me yellow. most self tanners do that to me...i've never turned orange, just yellow.