NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

NIVEA Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.5

This a beautiful self-tanner! It tans gently and gradually. No streaks. Beautiful golden color. Not a hint of orange. Absolutely perfect, natural, golden color. The color appears gradually over the course of 3 - 5 days. I've been using it for 5 days now, once a day (in the morning after my shower), and the soft increase in color each day is perfect. This looks like a real, genuine tan (I used to tan a lot before I realized how bad it was for my skin), and the color I am getting from this self-tanner is exactly the same as my natural tanning color! Beautiful, natural, perfect results! I also like how thin this is in consistency - it absorbs nicely and feels very light going on. The scent is of peaches and mangos, and I smell no self-tanner scent at all. Great product! Highly recommend!!! 5 lippies!

on 10/30/2007 5:12:00 AM

One of the least streaky, non-orange gradual tanners I've ever used. Previous purchases in Dove and Jergens left gross smelling "self tanning" scent and orange-y streaks.

I'm pale/fair skinned (C3 in Mac foundation) with a little bit of yellow undertones (I'm Chinese) and my legs (super pale) never tan (contrary to the rest of my body). I use the light to medium.

On day 3 of my Nivea Sun-Kissed firming moisturizing regimen and I have to say the smell is VERY pleasant. The peach scent is really soothing and I can only smell a faint, minute hint of that self tanner smell.

Only had one small streak on my leg, but only because I forgot to put lotion on that spot. Streak was subtle, wasn't noticeable so I corrected this by not using the product for 2 days and continuing again afterwards.

Nice color, matches my skin perfectly, and gives a light tan/glowing look. Not orange at all. Bought this for around $7 so it's cheap, but the product is used up somewhat faster than other drugstore tanning lotions.

Definitely the best gradual tanning lotion I've tried so far.

on 12/8/2009 4:32:00 AM

I've been using this product on and off for about a year. I really like the color it gives me ( I use medium-dark), but it dries my skin real bad and the smell is killing me. If you have oily skin and can tolerate strong self-tan odor, I guess you'll be ok with it :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I already bought 4 bottles of this one. It moisturises very well. I used it all summer, and now that it's cold winter, and that my skin needs more moisturising, this product still does perfect job. I love the color of the tan, it's perfect on my fair skin. You see absolutely no mark. You get a lovely glow all over after 3 days using it. Great!

on 10/9/2008 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this product lingers not only on your skin but on everything you come in contact with, i.e. your bed, pillows, clothes etc!! I was becoming really self conscious that other people, especially at the gym could smell the lotion and i think one guy did and walked away!! im not kidding, this stuff has such a strong odor...the color is very nice though. im gonna try it maybe just at night and take a shower in the morning to get rid of smell. xoxo

I've been using this product for about a week now and really like it so far. I was a bit hesitant to try this product after reading some of the reviews it has gotten here on MUA, however the fresh and yummy pineapple scent drew me in. On my dreadfully pale skin, this moisturizer gives gradual and natural "sun-kissed" color. Even when I goof up (which happens frequently) you cannot really tell with this moisturizer. What I love the most though, is that even hours after I apply this, my skin does not get that stinky self-tanner smell that I have gotten with other self-tanning lotions, such as Jergen's and Dove. The only pitfall I have found in this lotion so far is the texture/consistency (minus the one lippie)- it is slightly syrupy and tends to leave my skin a bit sticky. However, I am willing to deal with that for a yummy smelling lotion that I feel comfortable applying in the morning and wearing all day, not to mention the pretty, natural color it gives. I am also curious now to try the matching moisturizer for face and see what results that gives. Overall, I would highly recommend this lotion to anyone wanting a natural, healthy glow without the DHA stink of regular self tanners and gradual glow lotions. Will repurchase!

on 6/28/2007 11:51:00 PM

This product is supposedly both a moisturizer for the body and a gradual self tanner. I purchased this on the advice of someone at Nivea's customer service number. Nivea discontinued their Shimmer body lotion and I was looking for a similar product. I should preface this review by saying I wasn't really looking for a self tanner, just something that would give me the glow and shimmer of their discontinued lotion. So, perhaps this is why I was not wowed by this product. Even though this product is supposed to very gradually give you color, it still reeks of that horrible self tanner odor. You don't smell it at first, since the product has very heavy citrus perfume, but when that fades away...be prepared! Maybe I have a sensitive nose when it comes to self tanner odor, but I was glad I only used it on my legs and not my arms, so unless I was bending down, the smell wasn't always in my face. The odor doesn't wash off no matter how hard you scrub in the shower. It did leave my skin soft and even a bit less white, although a tad orange rather than tan.
A glutton for punishment, I actually used it 2 days before finally adding it to the "graveyard" of products under the bathroom sink.
Hard to fairly judge this product. I guess it does what it says although I can't tell about the firming properties, but for me the smell was just too much to contend with. If you have a less sensitive nose than I do, or if your body chemistry doesn't make self tanners "stinky", then you might be very happy with this product. At $6.99 a bottle, it is cheap enough to give it a whirl.

on 10/16/2010 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday at RITE AID for $8.49...it was the best money i ever spent. It does have a light peachy scent but it's nice. I already have a nice glow since putting it on yesterday...then again this morning. by the way, i bought the medium/tan.

on 6/17/2010 12:13:00 PM

I have used self tanners for years - and my avoidance of sunbathing has paid off as I am often told that I look about 40 (I am 49). I have lately been using Jergens and Dove, and like them fairly well. But I had been curious about this for a while. I picked it up about a month ago but returned it as the bottle I had purchased was expired. I saw it again recently and decided to give it another try with a fresh bottle. I am glad I did - I am really liking this. It is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application, but then the stickiness goes away - and a few hours later (I put it on before bedtime, so I am not sure how long color development takes) I have some nice color. I am relatively fair and my legs are pretty pale - but now I am able to wear shorts w/o being self-concious. I don't look like I just came from a week at the beach - more like I just have a good medium color naturally. And that is all I really want. (By-the-way, I am using the Medium to Dark - didn't see this one on the list). I haven't found it to be drying, as a previous reviewer did - but I'll watch for that - I may not have used it long enough yet.

I find the smell of the lotion interesting, but not at all unpleasant. The scent later seems very neutral to me - I am not detecting the self-tanner scent at all. As for the "Firming" part - can't really say I see anything, but I think those claims are mostly hype anyway - I'll depend on exercise and diet to do that. After just a few uses of this lotion, I am sold. I will continue to use and update more later.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I like to be very in control of my tanning, so when I use this I am very careful. I usually combine this with the regular Nivea skin firming lotion and apply one coat at a time. I am able to control to intensity of the color that way. My skin is sensitive to self applied tanners, and this one works very well. I would recommend that anyone who has the same issue as I do, try this!

Popular Lotions / Creams