Giorgio Armani Master Corrector

Giorgio Armani Master Corrector
Master CorrectorMaster CorrectorMaster Corrector

4.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Ozokerite, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, Mica].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This corrector completely lifts my whole face. I was expecting it to colour correct, I wasn't expecting it to be this transformative. It was the missing ingredient to my daily makeup routine. I won't go into detail about the great brush and the minimal amount needed because others have vouched for that, but I will tell you that it's the best product by a long shot in terms of correcting my dark circles; and I would even go so far as to say that it's one of the best working makeup products I've ever used in any category. I use it in combination with YSL touche ├ęclat for full brightening effect, but you'd never know it was a corrector even if I were to wear it alone. I haven't knocked a lipstick off for price because I believe if something is perfect then it has earned the asking price, no questions asked.

The reason I write this review is to A) rave about it and B) the more customers buying it the less chance of it ever being discontinued because I couldn't imagine living without it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Don't buy the peachy shade if you're fair, your dark circles are only going to look worse!!

on 5/4/2017 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought #2 the orange one and I think it should come with a warning. Anyone who is NC25 and fairer should STAY AWAY. When used under my concealer, it gives me an orange cast around the eyes. Totally horrifying and it looked like I accidentally wore goggles into a tan salon. I'm so disappointed because I actually love the formula - it's light yet opaque (hence the orange) and blends into the skin like a dream. I'm giving this a 2 rating because it might work wonders for darker skin tones. I'm just bummed that I coughed up that insane amount of money to have orange circles around my eyes.

I bought this based on all the great reviews, but I have to say, for me, it didn't work. I got the peach shade to battle black circles and unfortunately it's just waaaaaay too orange on me, which means I need to use concealer on top to lighten it. And, it creases on me. Too bad, I had high hopes. One thing I did like was the brush...it allows you to apply it in the tiniest dots, which is all you need.

on 11/30/2016 1:32:00 PM

I've had dark circles since I was a child (really!) so I have tried everything out there, expensive to cheap, and the Armani correctors and concealers are winners. (The only other product that I like is IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, and the Armani wins extra points for easy to use packaging).

The key to a great result is getting expert advice on which color will work with your skin color and undereye circle color. (Which is difficult...sadly the Armani reps near me are not as good as they used to be) and/ or trying multiple colors, one on each eye at the makeup counter. On my own, without a trial on each eye, I NEVER would have picked the bright pepto-bismol pink corrector, but oddly that is the one that works perfectly. I favored the peachy-orange as other peach correctors and concealers did seem to help...but no, the pink was the one for me.

I have found that I can use this even without concealer on top, as tiny dots or dashes from the excellent ultra-slim brush can be applied over eye cream (after the cream has had time to settle into skin). Blend well with tiny finger taps, check the mirror, blend again...and the result is an extremely natural brightening. On lazy-busy no-makeup-days days, I don't bother with concealer. On days when I want the very best results, I do follow with concealer (Armani's High Precision is excellent and has the same ultra-slim brush).

The Armani products have a well-pigmented but still sheer formulation that I have not found in any other product. Expensive, but lasts forever, fits easily in the smallest wallet, and works like nothing else.

on 5/21/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Coloring: Golden medium/tan - NC35-42
My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I was desperate trying to fine a good corrector for my undereyes. I tried using Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 35 Deep but it was way too pink and I need to top it off with foundation or concealer, neither of which I use on daily basis. I've been reading this being recommended in the MUB and I took the plunge.

I got it in the shade 2 Orange and it turns out to be perfect for my skin tone. When this arrived I had quite a black eye from an affair with a glass door. :/ The first day my eye turned blue, this barely could handle it alone and I didn't care to pile a lot of makeup to cover it. But the subsequent days, this was a godsend. I could easily hide the bruise without looking obvious. This applies rather thinly but covers pretty well just using a small amount. It blends smoothly into the skin. It hides dark areas so well, I use it as a concealer for the dark-ish creases around my nostrils and some PIH on my chin. It works awesome without me looking done up.

I'm also in love with the thin brush, especially for the abovementioned spot-concealing. I think all concealers should have thin brush.

I love the simple sleek packaging, but the price for the amount is hurtful. But, since I don't shop around much for makeup, it's a bit easier to justify sticking to this. Definite repurchase.

on 9/4/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm really impressed with this corrector. It's lightweight and sets quickly. FYI, this is a CORRECTOR not a concealer! Apply it, blend, then let it set. It dries quickly. If your circles are bad, it is easy to apply another light coat. Then you can apply your concealer over it. I would suggest a lightweight concealer to avoid any creasing. On days when my circles aren't bad, I can get away with just applying my foundation over the corrector and skipping the concealer. I love the fine tip brush. It allows for precise application and no waste. I took one lippie off because of the price. For me, the hardest part was figuring out which color to get w/o being able to test it. My advice would be to test them both if you can, and see which works best for you.

on 8/29/2015 6:12:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I had to take this one back. It did nothing for my dark circles under my eyes. I tried it under my foundation and I tried it over the foundation. I would not buy this one again. Don't waste your money.

Absolutely love, love, love this corrector! It made my dark eye circles disappear , and smooth out my undereye area for a wide-awake look. Just a tiny bit of Nars creamy concealer on top of it, and my entire eye looks perfect.

I highly recommend this product for undereye correcting. A little goes a long way so do not be put off by the price.

on 5/2/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Thank you thank you make up alley. I would not have found this product if it had not been for these amazing reviews.

I struggle from dark circles and bags that are hereditary. Sadly there isn't much I can do other than correct and conceal. And boy does this baby do that. I had previously only been using Cle de Peau concealer in Ocher and thought that was my HG. Until I teamed it up with this.

I did think the peach color was a little funky but after I had a Sephora SA try it on my eyes, I couldn't deny what my eyes saw. No dark circles. No creases. Just a wide awake gal starting me back in the mirror. Not one to jump on the bandwagon that quick, I asked the SA to make me a sample so I could try it out for a couple days.

Perhaps a week went by before I realized I had lost my sample and that helped me make the decision that it was time to make the purchase. I just couldn't do without it.

This stuff is amazing. I know it's a color corrector and concealer is meant to be placed on top but with this stuff -- I don't even need it. To be honest, sometimes I feel adding concealer on top takes a little of the brightness away. But it could just be my concealer. My biggest love with this product is the lack of creasing. It also very moisturizing for me. And I have very try under eyes.

It's so quick and easy to apply. I take the brush out the tube and swipe a line over each eye, gently using my ring finger to lightly buff/blend it in. Not really blending, per se, more like a pressing motion to even it out along my under eye. The results are something that not even my HG Cle de Peau concealer has done (Cle de Peau, we need to talk...)

Ladies, if you suffer from black or blue dark circles, try the peach color. Get it from Nordstrom's or Bloomie's or Sephora. They've got a great return policy so you can always take it back if it's not for you. Or ask for a sample. Either way -- I think you'll be hooked.

This is the kind of item you always keep in your bag so even if you are just jumping in the car to grab something from the grocery store for a moment, complete with sweats or post work out clothes, swipe this baby on and look alert.

Now another item to add to my bag. Yes it's expensive, but looking good and awake is worth it.

If there are typos on this review, sorry. Good ol iPhone. (Yes I was that passionate about this product I wrote my review on the go!)