Nature's Gate Chamomile and Lemon Verbena Body Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I actually won this in a contest. Pretty good stuff. Not something I would have bought for myself. Provides pretty good moisture. Especially good considering organic products usually fall short. The smell is not the most attractive in the beginning, not to say it stinks it just is not as refreshing as Victoria's Secrets scents. It does wear out quickly though so you can layer on a perfume without it mixing. I think it is an allover good buy.

on 5/6/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What I liked about this lotion is I can use it on my legs right after shaving & it doesn't irritate my skin,it has a pretty good texture and is quite moisturizing. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is the scent. It's not a bad scent, i'm sure some people would really enjoy it but I think it smells like apple cinnamon oatmeal, and it has a pretty strong scent so you can't really use perfume or it will clash. Does anyone know of an unscented organic body lotion, or one scented with something other than lemon or lavender? Update: I read the ingredients & would not buy again even with a better scent. It has organic ingredients but it also has the same bad chemicals as most lotions. I took it from 4 to 1 lippies because I'm sick of these fake *Organic* products! :(

on 6/25/2007 2:01:00 AM

This lotion has what I'd call a soft bedtime scent. It's chamomile and lemon verbena, and the two combine to make a soft scent. The lemon verbena note is not especially strong- you'd never know it was in there if it wasn't listed. The lotion is calming and soothing. I have problems using body lotion immediately after a bath or shower because I find it irritating, but I can use this one immediately with no problems. It's not my favorite scent, but it's pleasant enough, and it's a great value at $7 for a large bottle.