NARS Cosmetics Essential Vitamin Serum

3.8

on 4/23/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Cons: Like another reviewer mentioned, this does leave a STICKY film. Its horrible to touch when on the skin. Also, this made me break out, so acne-prone ppl be weary.
Pros: little goes a long way, very hydrating, calms, makes skin look bright and glowy! Shame about the texture and the fact it makes me break out otherwise would repurchase.

on 8/13/2008 4:34:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I adore this prod. It is very expensive, but who cares when it works so well! It makes my skin feel alive and not as dull when I use it. It is a quick boast me up for tired skin!! Get some, it's awesome!!!

on 6/17/2006 12:36:00 PM

i use this only in the morning under makeup. it leaves my skin soft and supple, and hydrated throughout the day. it didn't cause any irritation on my sensitive, combination (prone-to-breakout) skin. i love the fact it comes in a pump packaging (hygenic) and looks pretty on my makeup table :) will definitely purchase it again!

on 4/20/2004 11:18:00 AM

yet another NARS skincare product that made my sensitive skin react! I put this on my eyes after using the Gentle Cream Cleanser (which I also reacted to) and woke up the next morning to red and swollen eyes, to the point of not being able to open them! Luckily, a few hours and many cold compresses later I was able to open my eyes. I had tested this on the inside of my wrist and nothing happened but the product is meant for the face and it definitely didn't work on mine. Super expensive too, so in a way I'm glad it didn't work because now my wallet is safe!

on 5/14/2003 1:28:00 AM

A good, light serum for the summer, perhaps, but my skin didn't absorb it easily, leaving a slightly sticky film after application. Skip this and get the Aqua Gel Hydrator instead.

on 3/24/2003 3:07:00 PM

a great serum. it makes my skin glow and calmed it after a recent allergic reaction on my forehead.

on 1/19/2003 4:06:00 PM

This Serum is a great addition to any skincare line/routine. With botanicals and vitamins, protects and feeds your skin. I used this with the toner and hydrating gel and my skin was glowing throughout the day. Not oily with pores but more like dewy and supple. The NARS skincare line was created by Shiseido for NARS with the most recent skincare science and technologies. Retails $70 for a bottle.

on 4/25/2002 8:49:00 PM

PROS: comes in pump dispenser with locking mechanism, can be used around the eye area, a little goes a long way; CONS: wasteful packaging; COMMENTS: a lightweight fluid that you tap into the skin and eye area over your moisturizer; as with the aqua gel hydrator, I couldn't discern any noticeable positive effects after multiple uses; my skin had a slightly greasy sheen about an hour after application; 2.5 oz sells for $70