OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser

OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser

4.7

on 8/25/2016 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the foaming liquid, not the individual wipes, as a facial cleanser. It never irritates my skin, and is extremely gentle. I use it in conjunction with an exfoliating sponge, and my skin looks great. I don't wear heavy makeup so I'm not too concerned about makeup removal. Even when I have to wash my face multiple times during the day (if I've been working out, or at the beach) it never dries out my skin, and never makes my eyes red if I accidentally get some in them. For me this cleanser is perfect for both eyes and skin.

on 6/12/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have mild blepharitis and demodex along the lash line. I have used both the wipes and the foaming wash with excellent results. The formula is fragrance free and very gentle to skin, does not burn my eyes, and removes oily gunk such as prescription ointment I sometimes wear overnight. I have found it to be an excellent general eye cleanser following eye makeup remover. However, I would not recommend it instead of a dedicated eye makeup remover because I felt I had to tug too much at the skin around my eyes, which was somewhat irritating.

Of the two, the wipes are more intense because the texture of the cloth is a bit rough, like a Stridex pre-moistened pad. The towelette texture is great for a more severe condition, because it helps to remove flaking at the lash line. The wipes are individually wrapped, so are super convenient for traveling or for keeping on hand in my purse. The cost per wipe is rather high due to the packaging.

The cleanser is the same formula, but in pump bottle that forms a light foam when dispensed. The pump bottle is a super value for money, since I only need 1-2 pumps for my two eyes. In my AM shower, I gently massage it over my eyelids, paying special attention to the lash line. Then I use a microfiber wash cloth to give an extra bit of exfoliation at the lash line, rinse, and done.

Sometimes while traveling with the wipes, after scrubbing my eyelids, I use the towelette over the rest of my face and splash a little water to rinse. The cleanser is quite refreshing and cuts through facial oil and buildup leaving a very clean feeling. I suspect it might be a bit too intense for drier skin, however. I haven't used the pump bottle version as a facial cleanser, but I have no doubt it could be.

I'm unsure if I will repurchase the pump bottle, only because I've not yet determined if I can achieve the same result with no eye burning, and at a lower price, with a gentle baby shampoo such as Aquaphor. I will definitely continue to use the wipes for travel.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/31/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have rosacea blepharitis and this definitely helps with my condition. It is really gentle and it doesn't at all sting my eye when I use it. It doesn't remove makeup at all so I have to use a makeup remover first, but this is a great eyelid scrub. The plus version is definitely stronger and almost stings my eyes when I'm using it, but then it resides after usage. I prefer the regular one. The big container lasts a very long time. Its rather hard to find so I always end up ordering it on Amazon.

on 10/13/2012 6:11:00 PM

Individually wrapped cleanser pads remove every trace of make up and cleanse the lid and lashes. Perfect product.

My eyes have been red since I was 12 years old and I love this stuff. They come in little prepackaged squares that are saturated in some type of liquid cleanser. They are scrubby enough to get my make-up off, but not so rough as to irritate my eyes. You can also get it in a foam pump dispenser, but I really think the scrubbiness of the squares that are used makes a huge difference in helping relieve my constant eye irritation. They're a little expensive, but I'm willing to shell out for it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Purchased this on recommendation of eye doctor. It is a very effective yet gentle eyelid cleanser, I've been using it twice a day for 3 months now. Particularly in the evenings when my eyes are downright sore it feels refreshing to use this cleanser. Not sure about removing eye makeup as I haven't been able to wear any for sometime now. I will continue to use as I'm told it can take a good long while to get my eye issue under control (ugh!) I would say this product deserves all the praise it gets and I did find it locally for a reasonable price at a large chain grocery store.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My eyes and skin are sensitive, there's not much I can use as a cleanser to wash my face or removeoeye makeup but ocusoft wipes seem to remove whatever it was that irritates my eyes.. My skin type ranges from something that's all dry oily and flakey greasy at the same time.. thanks to rosacea I suppose.. I used to get clogged meibomian glands along the lashline but I think that Ocusoft will prevent those bumps and the buildup which clogs and irritates my eyes.. Buildup which I never knew I had before.
I use the original version wipes that I picked up from Walgreens.. I'd get very uncomfortable, dry eyes, burning, tearing, and discomfort in the morning if I'd worn makeup or sunscreen around my eyes the night before.. Using this seems to eliminate that problem.

on 6/29/2009 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wear contacts, ever since they have the disposal ones, I developed dry eyes. Also, I have very sensitive skin (eyelid as well.) No luck for eyeliners mascara, I always end up having an itchy eye, and I can't stop myself rubbing my eyes. Anyways, I forgot what makes me bought this expensive eyelid cleanser, but it's the best eye product I've ever used. My eyes are out of itch/dryness ever time I used it, I used it after I cleaned my face with baby soap, and I can see the debris on the pad. But they are very expensive, it's about $13 for 30 pads, but each pad is kind of big and foamy. i would cut it in half, and store the other half in the fridge (hoping bacteria won't grow on it.) I am thinking getting their eye make-up remover later after I am done with the cleanser.

on 10/16/2008 10:51:00 PM

I was using this for blepharitis and it worked well until the company modified the formula a while ago. Now it seems to irritate my lids and dry my eye area too much so I've returned to using just plain water. (Sometimes doctors will recommend baby shampoos but baby shampoos can have some variant of SLS in them and SLSs tend to be skin irritants (see research on ewg working group website) as I've learned the hard way.

I have blepharitis and these work pretty good. I switch between this and baby shampoo-these remove eye makeup well. The are expensive. I will buy again.