La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream

La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream

4.1

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuss (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptol, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Dimethicone, Sucrose, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleth-10, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, PEG-8, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 6/4/2016 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

First, I think it's important to say that it's been like 10 years since I am searching for the perfect moisturizer that would give my skin everything it needs. I tried lots and lots of creams but each of it was having more cons than pros, or would make my sensitive skin break out like crazy. I tried Avene, Vichy, Skinceuticals, Paula's choice, Clinique, Estee, Chanel, Erno Laszlo, Lancome, Dior, La Prairie, you name it. I have tried lots, but always avoided La Mer because of the negative reviews that supposedly didn't justify the high price. Anyway, I took a chance and bought the big version of the Gel de la Mer (60ml) and OMG I am thrilled. This is perfect for my combination to oily skin, that is also super sensitive and breaks out immediately. I apply it both AM and PM by following the application technique provided on their website and it works like a miracle. I don't know if it's the miracle broth or whatever , but this moisturizer makes my skin glow like no other. It also heals my breakouts and I swear my skin is baby soft and it never been like this before!
I only used it for a month now and I don't think I will ever get back to anything. Even if I use it regularly, and sometimes I put on my fingers more cream than I should (From time to time, I love making that extra gentle massage and for this you need a tad more) I think it will last at least 3 months.
I must be honest I was always skeptical about the story behind this cream and about the fact that some celebrities swear by this, but now that I am using it, I must say I understand why some people rave about it. For some it may not work, but for me this is truly a miracle in a jar. I will definitely repurchase when I am out of it! ❤️

on 5/8/2016 3:44:00 AM

I tried a sample of this product in a little container which lasted me 2 weeks, so a little really does go a long way. I wish I could afford this product again :( my skin is a little sensitive and goes dry in winter, I look for moisturisers that will make my skin soft, glowing, stay hydrated. I used this product on its own and it was a bit light but I mixed it with Avene Rich creme and I swear to god this is the perfect combination!!!! My skin was softer and dewier, my friends also commented. I think this product would be perfect for people where dryness is not too much of a problem.

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My new holy grail moisturizer! Just 3 days into Gel de La Mer and my face has already started glowing. My face definitely looks much more radiant and it looks even better with a bit of makeup. Will definitely repurchase and will definitely try Creme de La Mer next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little ex for a moisturizer but a little goes a long way. In any case, this doesn't just moisturize, it leaves the skin kinda baby soft just after one week of use. Wish it came in a pump bottle instead of a tub but no biggie.

I tried this cream when I stayed over at my cousin's place but did not find any difference after application, so I decided not to buy it.
However, I tried this product the second time and my face looked and felt amazing the next day.
I applied Lancome Vissionaire serum and continued by applying gel de la mer. This combination worked sooo well for me.

Pro
Diminish small acne scar
Prevent acne
Not oily for my normal to combi. skin

Cons
Pricey

on 8/22/2014 7:43:00 AM

Not really like the gel/light version, too light as a cream. When use it at night, it is toooo light , when use it at day, it won't hydrate my skin for all day. Will keep buying the original version. The gel maybe work for really oily skin.

on 7/12/2014 8:26:00 AM

This is one of those hydrating sleeping packs that seals in moisture and makes your skin look plump and gorgeous.

I thought I hated this product when I was trying to use it as a day cream. It has such an airy and lightweight texture, and yet by the end of the day my face would be a greasy, oily mess when I used this. I also wasn't crazy about the sticky feeling upon application. Then, I tried a different product with a similar lightweight gel texture that also left the same sticky-type feeling, except this product was specifically intended for night use (Laneige Water Sleeping Pack). And it turned out to be something I absolutely loved for my skin. So I started to use the La Mer Moisturizing Gel Creme as a night cream instead.

Amazing results! I wake up to dewy-fresh, hydrated skin which actually seems LESS oily. And it absorbs more quickly than the original CDLM so that's a plus. Non-clogging and non-irritating (in fact it has that wonderfully soothing effect on my skin that I always count on La Mer for). But I don't see why they don't package this gel-creme in a pump dispenser rather than a jar, the consistency is thin enough- it would be fine in a pump. But that's a minor complaint about packaging, the product itself is excellent.

Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this when I bought their loose powder. I had always said I would never spend that much on skincare, but after about a week of using the sample, I loved it. I bought a ful size and have been using it ( along with La Mer Cleansing Gel) for about two months, I have noticed great changed in my skin,,,,my little pimples have gone, my skin is healthy and rosy looking. I also dont seem get as oily in the afternoon. My husband gets irritation and redness after shaving and it has really helped him.I love the light texture and lack of scent. ( it has alight light scent when you open the jar, but no scent once its on the skin) If my budget will allow, I will by this again.

on 7/27/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had been eager to try this for so long, but the price tag always turned me off. While pregnant with my third child, my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) went through a rollercoaster of changes. It would be oily one week and dry the next, I was also bothered by flakiness and my skin would feel tight after moisturizing. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. I normally use retinol, but that had started to irritate my skin. I needed something extremely gentle, but would sooth and repair my skin, wouldn't clog pores or cause breakouts, be highly moisturizing, but not too rich. I finally decided I needed to try this. After a lot of contemplation and reading reviews, I went with the Gel-Cream formula.* The Gel-Cream is a translucent, thick, but very lightweight and cool cream. It absorbs instantly into my skin and at first I wondered if it was going to be moisturizing enough. It is wonderful! This is so gentle but deeply moisturizing without being greasy or heavy. It doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I'm in love with this cream and it's still just as amazing post-baby. The only con about this was that it wasn't quiet moisturizing enough during the harshest, driest days of winter. I received a sample of the Soft Cream with this and it was perfect on those extra-dry days. Since a little, pea-sized amount covers my whole face, a little of this cream goes a long way. When I get to the bottom of the jar I'll plunk down the cash and buy it again.

* The other La Mer formulas I was considering were the Soft Cream (which I worried would be too rich and cause breakouts), the Lotion (its description was nearly identical to the Gel-Cream, but I was concerned its texture would be too thin and wouldn't have the deep moisture I needed), and the Oil-Absorbing Lotion (which, although oil-free, I didn't think it would help when my skin had a dry week)

on 7/19/2013 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not like this product at all, it caused lots of tightness, redness and broke me out as well. :/ I've got dry, sensitive skin so it's probably why I would rank the cream higher. Better for oily skin, I think. Don't like the jars either, unsanitary and inconvenient for those of us who have little time to spend on ourselves.