MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Tocomin®), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFlora®), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstin®), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin. I have had problems with it for at least 20 years. I have searched far and wide for a product that worked consistently. I was doing ok with my previous products, but still had the occasional breakouts, and felt there had to be something out there to improve my skin.

I loved the idea of using a product line that leaves out all the chemical nasties, so I ordered some of this C Serum for a discounted price through the Amazon subscribe service. My skin has never been so clear. I am on my second bottle, and hope results continue for a long, long time. I have had maybe 2 pimples in the last 4 months. Amazing, considering I used to have at least 2 at all times! I was using the C Serum morning and night, but added the Clear Skin Serum about a month ago at night instead of the C Serum because it's much less expensive. But I believe the C Serum is what made all the difference. If you have acne, I highly recommend it. It does NOT help with shine, but at least I'm clear!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for about two weeks now. I have sensitive skin and I've developed a light sandpaper rash where I've been using it. I can't seem to use any of MyChelle's products for this same reason. Tried the rosacea serum...got sandpaper rash. Tried the polypeptide cream...Same response.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First, the good news: what I love about MyChelle products are the ethics and standards behind them ~ no animal testing and no harmful ingredients. I love the packaging of this product as well- the opaque glass pump bottle is just great. The texture is also nice – it sinks right into my skin and does not leave a tacky or sticky after-feel, nor does it smell funky (as did Cellex C.)
Now for the bad news: the price & performance. I could justify the cost of this serum if I really noticed a difference in my skin. But sadly, that’s not the case. After almost two months of use, I can’t rationalize buying another (tiny) bottle of this serum because I just do not see any improvement whatsoever. It’s a shame, because I was hoping this would be my HG vitamin C serum. The search continues . . . .

I don't want to jinx myself, so I've been holding off on reviewing these products...but so far, I am thrilled with this entire line. I feel great about this company and the natural ingredients used in these products and more important, the ingredients NOT in the products. My skin looks fantastic! Its clear, soft, non-reactive, well hydrated but not oily or greasy, well balanced and healthy looking. It really has a glow too it!

I have suffered with cystic acne on and off all through my life since my early 20's--and before I started using this line my skin was really dehydrated and dull with quite a few red marks/scars. I had been using Pevonia which I've heard great things about, but it was awful for my skin and I just decided to go back to basics and stop wasting money on products that were doing nothing for my skin. I went to Whole Foods--never hearing of this line before and reluctantly asked a salesperson for a recommendation. I figured they'd recommend Dr. H, which I don't have any use for and was pleasantly surprised when she said that she didn't really care for that line either. She said that MyChelle was her favorite line and was really helpful in pushing me in the right direction. The sample packs were great, too!! Great idea and I think I've gone back and purchased almost everything I've tried, thus far.

I have been using the Cranberry cleanser, the Fruit cleanser (alternating), the Fruit Mist (not sure what this really does, but it's supposed to be an impt. step in hydrating and balancing ph), Pumpkin Peel (every other day for exfoliation), Perfect C Serum--amazing stuff, Pumpkin Renewal Cream, and the Fabulous Eye Cream.

So far, so good--I am hooked!!!