MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.9

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not too impressed by Vitamin C serums in general, but if you want something at a good price point, I think this is a good serum to use. It smells a bit crazy, but is 17% vitamin C (the recommended concentrations for anti-aging usually seems to fall between 10-15%), is packaged well, and comes in an appropriate quantity for a product that is time-sensitive.

Pros: 17% Vitamin C. Lockable pump, airtight cap, and opaque bottle to prevent Vitamin C oxidization. Expensive, but competitive, especially for such a concentrated serum.

Cons: Kind of spits out serum, so you may end up dispensing more than you want if you're not careful when dispensing the serum. I felt I needed only half a pump to more than cover my entire face and neck area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This item was RIS and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. The steep price tag always made me shy away from trying it and the reviews on here never made me wish to try it, either. As for the reviewers who say it burns, I've only experienced burning when I've applied it over an open wound, like a pimple that recently was touched. Other than that, I use it only at night and one pump is more than enough. It's rather thick, yellow based liquid that smells "eh", but sinks in, leaving a slight film on one's skin, which is why I think it's best suited for night time use. Plus, the skin does most of it's healing while we sleep, so top notch products should be reserved for night time use.

So far, it hasn't broken me out (I've been using for about a month), it seems to heal existing pimples faster, and it actually seems to be lightening my acne scars and hyperpigmentation. NOTHING has helped with my acne scarring and I've tried so many products, including other topical C products with no apparent results. So far, I've noticed that I use less makeup to feel like I have enough coverage in the mornings, which definitely means my scarring must be diminished.

I'll update with continued use. I'd recommend buying this product when Mychelle has their 50% off sales, which makes it much more affordable (especially if only sing 1x per day). I use their Capillary Calming serum during the day and like that product better than their Clear Skin Serum (which has been reformulated and is much less effective now).

When i first bought this product, the serum was a clearish yellow. After about a couple months, the color had turned a lot more yellow with bits of orange in it. My effective and overly expensive product was oxidized. Throughout the web, it is stated that L-asorbic acid is more harmful than good when oxidized, so i tossed the rest of it out. It's a shame i couldn't wait to see if it even worked.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the few Mychelle products I don't love. I think rather a complaint for this particular product, it's my skin that doesn't like Vit. C serums in general. This clogged my pores and irritated my skin-albeit a mild itchiness, but still enough to bother me. Was lovely to apply though as it sinks in quickly to a satin, non-sticky finish. No offensive smell that lingers past initial application either. To fellow sensitive skin gals, try this with caution!

The first time I bought this product, it was actually on sale! I put it on my face and it was like a 5 alarm fire! It burned a little but was okay later. The bottle says use 2 pumps but I backed down to one and was just fine. A few problem areas on my face peeled when I first began using it but even after the first use I was AMAZED! This product did do it all for me! My lovely adult acne disappeared, my pores shrunk like nobody's business, and my skin became smooth, clear, and dare I say luminous!? (I wouldn't use too near the eye area though; the skin is too delicate.) I repurchased the other day, not on sale but I still consider it to be a bargain for what it does! I will happily repurchase because my skin is in love and it shows!! : ) Oh, and it does not burn to put it on anymore. It feels like water going on and soaks right into my skin, not sticky. This product is too wonderful to pass up, try it and be amazed!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hi Everyone! I just bought this yesterday from Whole Foods, and when I went to use it, the serum came out orange in color. Does that mean it's oxidized? This is my first vitamin c serum purchase, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've read on the internet that color indicates oxidization. Thanks in advance for your help.

One month later . . . I'm adding this to say that I LOVE this product!!! Kristi responded to my post by calling the company and emailing me with their reply that this serum is amber in color. THANK YOU SO MUCH, KRISTI!!! Anyway, Perfect C has lightened my freckles and evened out my complexion like nothing else. A friend of mine saw me after I stepped out of the shower at the Y (no make-up on), and asked me what I'd been doing to my skin. She said that my face now looked like baby skin! I told her that the only thing that I had changed in my routine was adding this Perfect C serum. I ended up giving her the rest of my nearly empty bottle that night so that she could get it right when she ordered it. And I ordered a couple more bottles for myself. Interestingly, the first pump out of the new bottle was clear. No color. The second pump was almost clear; there was a very slight, slight yellow tinge.

I have been using this line for about 6 or so years and I have to say without a doubt this is fantastic stuff. I LOVE the C Serum. I am a total makeup junkie and have tried everything probably in the mainstream market both non-organic and organic. This line is really good quality. I do realize the price is high for the serum. I have to say though that nothing comes close so I use it sparingly. You don't need tons on your face. I have used all their products except the apple line. I am a true fan of this line. They just introduced a mineral makuep line and I am trying the ivory color stick. It is a creamy foundation. I am hoping that it is as great as their products. I am always searching for a decent mineral makup that doesn't make the lines appear more magnifed like BARE MINERALS does! I hate that! The Incredible Pumpkin Peel rocks. That is another favorite of mine. Really whatever you buy will be great as I have complete confidence in this line so the price really is worth it. They also have sales so just watch for those!:)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that this product is pricey and doesn't last long. However, despite the price, I love this product! I have oily acne prone skin, and whenever I feel like I am getting a pimple, I put this stuff over the spot at night and by daytime it is gone! It doesn't seem to have much effect on my brown post-acne spots, nor does it control oil or anything. However, it seems to be improving the condition of my skin and that is amazing for me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just went throug the first bottle and honestly didnt seen any difference in my skin. Plus I went tthrough it in under 4 weeks - close to like 3. However, I like the ingredient list AND it has a high level of ascorbiv acid and it goes on like water which is important. I am only buying this again because I actually need a serum I can wear underneath all the stuff i put on my skin and not interfere or make it pilly - so the fact that it is ORGANIC is a huge plus since i am adding other heavier stuff to my skin. So I will try a second bottle but im also going to try the oil soluble 20% serum c in a silicone base and see if it will interfere with my other face products....

BUT obagi left better results on my skin but its too expensive and oxidizes to fast and I feel like i am in a competition to use it up before it turns brown and i dont want that pressure.

This is a nice serum. Smooth, doesn't burn, and has a very high amount of ascorbic acid, unlike most C serums. Price isn't as bad as many of them. However the price is high for the teeeeeeny little bottle. Since I use this as a preventive maintenance thing, I don't see a ton of effect, but I do notice a smoother, more glowy appearance with I do use it. It's very subtle, but it adds a certain healthiness. Just wish it weren't so pricy. Still, for other C serum with similarly high ascorbic acis content, this is comparatively cheap, so I keep buying it. Maintenance item for me.