MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not too impressed by Vitamin C serums in general, but if you want something at a good price point, I think this is a good serum to use. It smells a bit crazy, but is 17% vitamin C (the recommended concentrations for anti-aging usually seems to fall between 10-15%), is packaged well, and comes in an appropriate quantity for a product that is time-sensitive.

Pros: 17% Vitamin C. Lockable pump, airtight cap, and opaque bottle to prevent Vitamin C oxidization. Expensive, but competitive, especially for such a concentrated serum.

Cons: Kind of spits out serum, so you may end up dispensing more than you want if you're not careful when dispensing the serum. I felt I needed only half a pump to more than cover my entire face and neck area.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I originally got interested in this serum not for me, but for somebody else. I'm a dedicated advocate of the use of Vitamin C and my skin is the living proof of it. I thought that I had tried just about every C serum out there - at least every L-ascorbic acid serum. Somehow, I had overlooked this one and I'm really happy that I've discovered it. If you use a C serum, you know they can sometimes be a little bit gross to use, unless you can afford something like Revive's Arrete C.... To enjoy the benefits, I've put up with serums that often are smelly, sticky, or oily. I've cursed and raved when an expensive serum oxidized before I could finish it. All familiar complaints, si? Drum roll please! This stuff has NONE of those problems and all of the benefits. I love the little white opaque glass pump bottle, too. It's very affordable and readily available at your local Whole Foods.