MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.0

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Tocomin®), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFlora®), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstin®), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not too impressed by Vitamin C serums in general, but if you want something at a good price point, I think this is a good serum to use. It smells a bit crazy, but is 17% vitamin C (the recommended concentrations for anti-aging usually seems to fall between 10-15%), is packaged well, and comes in an appropriate quantity for a product that is time-sensitive.

Pros: 17% Vitamin C. Lockable pump, airtight cap, and opaque bottle to prevent Vitamin C oxidization. Expensive, but competitive, especially for such a concentrated serum.

Cons: Kind of spits out serum, so you may end up dispensing more than you want if you're not careful when dispensing the serum. I felt I needed only half a pump to more than cover my entire face and neck area.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First, the good news: what I love about MyChelle products are the ethics and standards behind them ~ no animal testing and no harmful ingredients. I love the packaging of this product as well- the opaque glass pump bottle is just great. The texture is also nice – it sinks right into my skin and does not leave a tacky or sticky after-feel, nor does it smell funky (as did Cellex C.)
Now for the bad news: the price & performance. I could justify the cost of this serum if I really noticed a difference in my skin. But sadly, that’s not the case. After almost two months of use, I can’t rationalize buying another (tiny) bottle of this serum because I just do not see any improvement whatsoever. It’s a shame, because I was hoping this would be my HG vitamin C serum. The search continues . . . .

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image