MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.3

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This serum is 17% l-ascorbic acid along with buddleja stem cells. This combination is supposed to brighten skin and combat visible signs of aging. I have noticed while using this product is that it dries my skin out. I know that for l-ascorbic acid to be effective it has to be in a pH of 3. I do not know what the pH of this serum is, but there has been no change in my skin at all and I have used several different brands of vitamin c serums over the years. This also smells really bad. I do not know why it contains tangerine and grapefruit oils as citrus oils are known skin irritants.

I love this serum better than any other vitamin serum that I have tried so far. I did not expect anything special to come of this serum- I purchased it on a whim while it was on sale. (The price for .5 fl. oz. is $45 is exorbitant and ridiculous, although I am quite impressed with the serum, it is simply not worth $90/fl. oz.) That being said, what I noticed immediately was a change in my skin's texture. My skin was smoother (after only one application) and was definitely more glowy and healthy-looking. At first I could not determine if it was the serum that caused it to feel that way or what, but then I noticed that I had brighter, smoother skin both morning and evening when I used this serum. I am still observing the long-term effects, but I am very content with my purchase and will continue to buy this item in the future.

Eyes: Violet

poor packaging the pump spit stuff everywhere. overpriced for $30 you can get real natural vitamin C poweder or natural fruit masque loaded with it's own fresh enzymes and apply to your face for only fraction of the cost / 10 times for effective. This stuff has alcohol so if your skin doesn't tolerate alcohol very well, stay away like a plaque. It also contains argan oil that has been known to cause break out and pimples for some people especially those with oily acne prone skin

I really like this product. Used in conjunction with other MyChelle products, my skin has transformed. My one and only complaint is how expensive it is for such a small amount. I would purchase this product again and again, but unfortunately I can not always afford to do so.

I like the fact it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. It hasn't inflamed or irritated my skin, it's just that I haven't seen any improvements either. My skin is no more refined or brightened than before I started using it. Plus I dislike the smell on application (smells vinegary to me!)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This came in a small sampler I got for Christmas.
My primary paranoia is large pores. Although C is primarily used during the day, the manual said for an intense night treatment, put the Revitalizing night cream on after. So I did. I put a lot of the Serum on. I waited for it to dry, then I put the moisturizer on.
In the morning, my pores were non-existent. Even the craters of the right side of my nose were shrunk down to nothing, and they were unclogged. My face looked plumper, and so my wrinkles faded out. I was glad as I got to go to a dance Show that was full of beautiful people.

I was told on the boards that effect could last for 48 hours. So I did not apply retinol to my face the next night, I just let it be. This is 17% C. Using it during the day, I put sunscreen on last.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow, I am very impressed. This is definitely a keeper. I used this at night and morning, every day, (just one drop though) for 2 weeks, and it dramatically evened out my skin tone. I had some minor sun damage and a few other slightly dark areas and this helped tremendously! No irritation, no pore clogging, just great results. I will definitely buy this again. (btw i am 27).

Previously, I used to use Eminence Organics' "Eight Greens Youth Serum", but now that i switched to MyChelle, i noticed much better results. Also, i am reviewing this after 2 weeks, but i noticed great results even after 2 days.

UPDATE: i stopped using this b/c i noticed that after 2-3 weeks it would go bad. (as in, the color would get darker and that means that Vit C isn't as effective. Also, it's super expensive. So now i make my own vitamin C serum from scratch-- i just use 1/4 teaspoon of L-Ascorbic Acid Powder mixed with 3 teaspoons of distilled water and a 1/4 tsp of Vit E natural oil. This new serum works great! i can make a fresh batch every few days and it actually gives much better results than the mychelle. But i do think the MyChelle is much better than most of the serums out there on the market. I just prefer to save money and make my own! :)

UPDATE #2: well, my homemade serum was too strong and burned my skin after a week of use! So i went back to MyChelle and fell in love with it all over again. I find that it calms my skin more than anything. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.... and the dispenser pump is always getting stuck on me so i get mad. but it is great stuff. I want to try Jason's hyper C serum next, since it's cheaper, but if that isn't as nice, i'll come back to MyChelle.