MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.0

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the few Mychelle products I don't love. I think rather a complaint for this particular product, it's my skin that doesn't like Vit. C serums in general. This clogged my pores and irritated my skin-albeit a mild itchiness, but still enough to bother me. Was lovely to apply though as it sinks in quickly to a satin, non-sticky finish. No offensive smell that lingers past initial application either. To fellow sensitive skin gals, try this with caution!

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

While not quite Perfect, MyChelle Perfect C Serum is quite nice. For drier or sensitive skins it will generally be problematic. 17% ascorbic acid is fabulous for skin that can manage it; a disaster for skin that can't. Optimally, ascorbic acid serums would be without plant extracts or metals (think zinc and copper...and plant extracts do contain traces of metal). I wouldn't NOT use this serum just because of the plant extracts, but it does make it slightly less desirable. Why? Because the interaction between metals and C creates slight oxidative stress for our skin. Certainly the benefits of ascorbic (even with metals) still outweigh the drawbacks, but it's unfortunate that they'd even be placed in formulation forcing us to choose between optimal formulation and optimal 'x' (ie skinfeel, concentration, cost etc).For my normalish, sometimes resistant, sometimes sensitive skin, this is like a peel......my skin temporarily darkens after 3-4 days of consecutive application, then starts to peel off over the course of the next few days, leaving wonderfully smooth skin underneath. Fine for a peel. Not fine *for me* for ever day use. i have to stick with my skinceuticals AOX 10 (good for acne prones, not emollient at all) or skinceuticals C E Ferulic (very very emollient, not good for acne prones).However, I would whole heartedly recommend this for someone with very resistant and/or oily skin....to be used first thing in the am on clean dry skin....every day.Why don't more companies use a bottle like this? Because opening in the pump allows air in which will over time allow for oxidation to occur. Also, amber bottles are more protective than (even opaque) white bottles. Purchase from a store with stock that turns over quickly, use it at a rate of 1 pump per day, and it should be fine. Keeping it in the fridge would extend it's life. Dispensing it into the tiny Skinceuticals sample size amber bottles and keeping it in the fridge would extend it's life even further. Regardless of the C serum I'm using, it always gets divided into those tiny little amber goodies, then all are kept in the fridge, the exception being the one I'm currently using, which is kept in my drawer in my bathroom.If you're stick of spending the $$$$ on Skin Medica and Skinceuticals AND you have strong and/or resistant and/or oily skin this would be a great L-Ascorbic Acid serum to try. And to be able to buy locally is such a bonus - especially if you can purchase from a locally owned health food store.Ingredients
Aqua, Hammamelis Extract, L-Ascorbic Acid, Wine Phytoalexins, Retinol/ Glycolic Acid Polymer Complex, Glycerol, L-Castor Oil, Methyl Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Tangerine and Grapefruit Essential Oils, CoQ10, Lycopene, Sandalwood Essential Oil, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum, D-Beta Glucosamine, D-Beta Fructan, Amino-Guanidine.

Directions
Apply the amount of two calibrated pumps to the face. Sensitive skin continued >>

UPDATE: i'm so depressed...After a few days of using this, I started to notice irritation around the mouth / nose areas....I guess my skin can't even handle this type of citric acid product....I was so hopeful! I liked the idea of slathering my face with an antioxidant rich serum in addition to my more basic Dr. H regimen....

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image