MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.9

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

I've used this product for many years (on and off) and it's the one product in my arsenal that makes an instant and noticeable difference in my skin. When I used to use it nightly layered under the Hyaluronic Ultra Hydrating Serum topped with fruit enzyme spray (yes over the serums, not under), people would stop me on the street and ask what products I was using. I tried to substitute this product for less expensive C serums, but I always come back to this one. I only gave it up because of price, but now I realize (in my late 30s) that I have to pony up the dough. I only have one face.

Here's what to expect:

1. Don't try to use this as a daytime serum. It's powerful and effective, but not cosmetically elegant. If you want a C product to use under sunscreen, find another one to use during the day. There are so many that have some C in them and feel just like a primer. Use this in the evening. Every other evening should do.

2. It may sting/tingle any areas of your face that are overly exfoliated, open or raw. It's temporary and should not cause redness.

3. Layer it under one of Mychelle's other serums. I like the Hyaluronic Acid one. But it works just fine on it's own.

4. It may smell odd to you (when I layer this under the HA serum and the Pumpkin Renew Cream - the old formulation - I wake up smelling like fermented fruit).

5. It really, really works on active inflammations and old redness. I have terrible issues with PIH.

6. If you have active rosacea tread lightly in those areas until you know how you will react.

7. Enjoy the glow the very next day.

I have received this as part of an awesome Mychelle sample kit of many good cleansers and creams. The tiny vials of serums are very hard to get the product out of though. This serum did not smell right and I think it is because Vitamin C becomes easily oxidized if it is not stabilized. I will be looking for another Vitamin C option and in the meantime I am buying the full size Mychelle sunshield.

The perfect C serum is my HG. Within just a few days of use, I noticed visible decrease in my acne and my scars and hyperpigmentation. I use this serum in the am after cleansing with the fruit enzyme cleanser and follow it up with the fruit enzyme mist and the pumpkin renew cream...My skin has never looked so good...
LOVE LOVE mychelle

edit-They have reformulated the c serum and the pumkin renew cream gave me cystic acne :(

The first time I bought this product, it was actually on sale! I put it on my face and it was like a 5 alarm fire! It burned a little but was okay later. The bottle says use 2 pumps but I backed down to one and was just fine. A few problem areas on my face peeled when I first began using it but even after the first use I was AMAZED! This product did do it all for me! My lovely adult acne disappeared, my pores shrunk like nobody's business, and my skin became smooth, clear, and dare I say luminous!? (I wouldn't use too near the eye area though; the skin is too delicate.) I repurchased the other day, not on sale but I still consider it to be a bargain for what it does! I will happily repurchase because my skin is in love and it shows!! : ) Oh, and it does not burn to put it on anymore. It feels like water going on and soaks right into my skin, not sticky. This product is too wonderful to pass up, try it and be amazed!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just went throug the first bottle and honestly didnt seen any difference in my skin. Plus I went tthrough it in under 4 weeks - close to like 3. However, I like the ingredient list AND it has a high level of ascorbiv acid and it goes on like water which is important. I am only buying this again because I actually need a serum I can wear underneath all the stuff i put on my skin and not interfere or make it pilly - so the fact that it is ORGANIC is a huge plus since i am adding other heavier stuff to my skin. So I will try a second bottle but im also going to try the oil soluble 20% serum c in a silicone base and see if it will interfere with my other face products....

BUT obagi left better results on my skin but its too expensive and oxidizes to fast and I feel like i am in a competition to use it up before it turns brown and i dont want that pressure.

Mychelle describes this product as a stabelized L ascorbic at 15% along with other antioxidants such as wine phytoalexins. CoQ10, retinol, lycopene, beta carotene, D-beta glucosamine.
I am still up in the air somewhat becauase usually I get a quick glow with C serums; however I have notived increased smoothness, so I am sticking with this product for awhile and will update. Samples are available.

Wow - my new hg vit C serum !!!! I just love this stuff! It's just the right consistency, not oily, greasy, sticky; doesn't smell bad, and it works ! I'm a Vit C veteran so I would have been perfectly happy to just maintain, but after a few weeks use, my skin is definitely brighter. I also think putting it in an opaque bottle (as opposed to the usual amber one) is just brilliant. I wonder why this isn't de riguer packaging for all C serums.

I don't want to jinx myself, so I've been holding off on reviewing these products...but so far, I am thrilled with this entire line. I feel great about this company and the natural ingredients used in these products and more important, the ingredients NOT in the products. My skin looks fantastic! Its clear, soft, non-reactive, well hydrated but not oily or greasy, well balanced and healthy looking. It really has a glow too it!

I have suffered with cystic acne on and off all through my life since my early 20's--and before I started using this line my skin was really dehydrated and dull with quite a few red marks/scars. I had been using Pevonia which I've heard great things about, but it was awful for my skin and I just decided to go back to basics and stop wasting money on products that were doing nothing for my skin. I went to Whole Foods--never hearing of this line before and reluctantly asked a salesperson for a recommendation. I figured they'd recommend Dr. H, which I don't have any use for and was pleasantly surprised when she said that she didn't really care for that line either. She said that MyChelle was her favorite line and was really helpful in pushing me in the right direction. The sample packs were great, too!! Great idea and I think I've gone back and purchased almost everything I've tried, thus far.

I have been using the Cranberry cleanser, the Fruit cleanser (alternating), the Fruit Mist (not sure what this really does, but it's supposed to be an impt. step in hydrating and balancing ph), Pumpkin Peel (every other day for exfoliation), Perfect C Serum--amazing stuff, Pumpkin Renewal Cream, and the Fabulous Eye Cream.

So far, so good--I am hooked!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My experience with Mychelle products has been hit or miss, but this C serum is excellent. I've used other C serums that have made me breakout terribly. This one has just the opposite effect. In the six plus weeks of use I've had minimal breakouts, with none in the last three weeks. My reddened rosacea inflamed skin is calmer, and some of my old acne scars are much lighter. I'm hoping with continued use, they disappear. The best result though, has been a reduction in fine lines around my eyes and the vertical wrinkles between my eyes. I am extremely pleased. This is a 17% L-ascorbic acid serum with several other anti-oxidants that comes in a pump bottle. I hate those C serums that come in a dropper bottle, because I'm always afraid of spillage or contamination. A half once cost about $35, which is on par with most C serums.. The directions suggest using twice daily, but I only use it in the morning, under my sunscreen. Two pumps covers my face, neck, and chest. It does seem a little thick and oily, but once I apply it and allow it to soak in my sunscreen and makeup go on fine over it. I will definitely keep using this product.