MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.9

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

I love this serum better than any other vitamin serum that I have tried so far. I did not expect anything special to come of this serum- I purchased it on a whim while it was on sale. (The price for .5 fl. oz. is $45 is exorbitant and ridiculous, although I am quite impressed with the serum, it is simply not worth $90/fl. oz.) That being said, what I noticed immediately was a change in my skin's texture. My skin was smoother (after only one application) and was definitely more glowy and healthy-looking. At first I could not determine if it was the serum that caused it to feel that way or what, but then I noticed that I had brighter, smoother skin both morning and evening when I used this serum. I am still observing the long-term effects, but I am very content with my purchase and will continue to buy this item in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This item was RIS and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. The steep price tag always made me shy away from trying it and the reviews on here never made me wish to try it, either. As for the reviewers who say it burns, I've only experienced burning when I've applied it over an open wound, like a pimple that recently was touched. Other than that, I use it only at night and one pump is more than enough. It's rather thick, yellow based liquid that smells "eh", but sinks in, leaving a slight film on one's skin, which is why I think it's best suited for night time use. Plus, the skin does most of it's healing while we sleep, so top notch products should be reserved for night time use.

So far, it hasn't broken me out (I've been using for about a month), it seems to heal existing pimples faster, and it actually seems to be lightening my acne scars and hyperpigmentation. NOTHING has helped with my acne scarring and I've tried so many products, including other topical C products with no apparent results. So far, I've noticed that I use less makeup to feel like I have enough coverage in the mornings, which definitely means my scarring must be diminished.

I'll update with continued use. I'd recommend buying this product when Mychelle has their 50% off sales, which makes it much more affordable (especially if only sing 1x per day). I use their Capillary Calming serum during the day and like that product better than their Clear Skin Serum (which has been reformulated and is much less effective now).

The perfect C serum is my HG. Within just a few days of use, I noticed visible decrease in my acne and my scars and hyperpigmentation. I use this serum in the am after cleansing with the fruit enzyme cleanser and follow it up with the fruit enzyme mist and the pumpkin renew cream...My skin has never looked so good...
LOVE LOVE mychelle

edit-They have reformulated the c serum and the pumkin renew cream gave me cystic acne :(

This is one of my favorite beauty products of all time. It keeps my acne at bay, helps my sun damaged skin from looking blotchy, makes my skin feel smooth (which also makes it a lot easier so apply makeup with out it getting cakey).
If you're fair skinned with sun damage or acne this is THE HG product for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin. I have had problems with it for at least 20 years. I have searched far and wide for a product that worked consistently. I was doing ok with my previous products, but still had the occasional breakouts, and felt there had to be something out there to improve my skin.

I loved the idea of using a product line that leaves out all the chemical nasties, so I ordered some of this C Serum for a discounted price through the Amazon subscribe service. My skin has never been so clear. I am on my second bottle, and hope results continue for a long, long time. I have had maybe 2 pimples in the last 4 months. Amazing, considering I used to have at least 2 at all times! I was using the C Serum morning and night, but added the Clear Skin Serum about a month ago at night instead of the C Serum because it's much less expensive. But I believe the C Serum is what made all the difference. If you have acne, I highly recommend it. It does NOT help with shine, but at least I'm clear!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just went throug the first bottle and honestly didnt seen any difference in my skin. Plus I went tthrough it in under 4 weeks - close to like 3. However, I like the ingredient list AND it has a high level of ascorbiv acid and it goes on like water which is important. I am only buying this again because I actually need a serum I can wear underneath all the stuff i put on my skin and not interfere or make it pilly - so the fact that it is ORGANIC is a huge plus since i am adding other heavier stuff to my skin. So I will try a second bottle but im also going to try the oil soluble 20% serum c in a silicone base and see if it will interfere with my other face products....

BUT obagi left better results on my skin but its too expensive and oxidizes to fast and I feel like i am in a competition to use it up before it turns brown and i dont want that pressure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got the sample pack, so tried this for a few day. Ingridients looks good, but the smell (as in all of MyChelle's product) is a bit strong. This C serum smells like alchol to me. Not going to buy the whole product.