MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.2

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Tocomin®), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFlora®), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstin®), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This serum is 17% l-ascorbic acid along with buddleja stem cells. This combination is supposed to brighten skin and combat visible signs of aging. I have noticed while using this product is that it dries my skin out. I know that for l-ascorbic acid to be effective it has to be in a pH of 3. I do not know what the pH of this serum is, but there has been no change in my skin at all and I have used several different brands of vitamin c serums over the years. This also smells really bad. I do not know why it contains tangerine and grapefruit oils as citrus oils are known skin irritants.

I've used this product for many years (on and off) and it's the one product in my arsenal that makes an instant and noticeable difference in my skin. When I used to use it nightly layered under the Hyaluronic Ultra Hydrating Serum topped with fruit enzyme spray (yes over the serums, not under), people would stop me on the street and ask what products I was using. I tried to substitute this product for less expensive C serums, but I always come back to this one. I only gave it up because of price, but now I realize (in my late 30s) that I have to pony up the dough. I only have one face.

Here's what to expect:

1. Don't try to use this as a daytime serum. It's powerful and effective, but not cosmetically elegant. If you want a C product to use under sunscreen, find another one to use during the day. There are so many that have some C in them and feel just like a primer. Use this in the evening. Every other evening should do.

2. It may sting/tingle any areas of your face that are overly exfoliated, open or raw. It's temporary and should not cause redness.

3. Layer it under one of Mychelle's other serums. I like the Hyaluronic Acid one. But it works just fine on it's own.

4. It may smell odd to you (when I layer this under the HA serum and the Pumpkin Renew Cream - the old formulation - I wake up smelling like fermented fruit).

5. It really, really works on active inflammations and old redness. I have terrible issues with PIH.

6. If you have active rosacea tread lightly in those areas until you know how you will react.

7. Enjoy the glow the very next day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this product 3 days ago from well.ca.
The first thing that hit me was the stench...fruit gone rotten. I couldn't stand it. The whole day I just wanted to puke. Then when I applied the recommended 2 pumps on my face, it burned like crazy......uuuuuggggh! My face was on fire and I had to wash it off. Left me red and flushed. Sending it back.

I have received this as part of an awesome Mychelle sample kit of many good cleansers and creams. The tiny vials of serums are very hard to get the product out of though. This serum did not smell right and I think it is because Vitamin C becomes easily oxidized if it is not stabilized. I will be looking for another Vitamin C option and in the meantime I am buying the full size Mychelle sunshield.

When i first bought this product, the serum was a clearish yellow. After about a couple months, the color had turned a lot more yellow with bits of orange in it. My effective and overly expensive product was oxidized. Throughout the web, it is stated that L-asorbic acid is more harmful than good when oxidized, so i tossed the rest of it out. It's a shame i couldn't wait to see if it even worked.

I really like this product. Used in conjunction with other MyChelle products, my skin has transformed. My one and only complaint is how expensive it is for such a small amount. I would purchase this product again and again, but unfortunately I can not always afford to do so.

I like the fact it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. It hasn't inflamed or irritated my skin, it's just that I haven't seen any improvements either. My skin is no more refined or brightened than before I started using it. Plus I dislike the smell on application (smells vinegary to me!)

The first time I bought this product, it was actually on sale! I put it on my face and it was like a 5 alarm fire! It burned a little but was okay later. The bottle says use 2 pumps but I backed down to one and was just fine. A few problem areas on my face peeled when I first began using it but even after the first use I was AMAZED! This product did do it all for me! My lovely adult acne disappeared, my pores shrunk like nobody's business, and my skin became smooth, clear, and dare I say luminous!? (I wouldn't use too near the eye area though; the skin is too delicate.) I repurchased the other day, not on sale but I still consider it to be a bargain for what it does! I will happily repurchase because my skin is in love and it shows!! : ) Oh, and it does not burn to put it on anymore. It feels like water going on and soaks right into my skin, not sticky. This product is too wonderful to pass up, try it and be amazed!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First, the good news: what I love about MyChelle products are the ethics and standards behind them ~ no animal testing and no harmful ingredients. I love the packaging of this product as well- the opaque glass pump bottle is just great. The texture is also nice – it sinks right into my skin and does not leave a tacky or sticky after-feel, nor does it smell funky (as did Cellex C.)
Now for the bad news: the price & performance. I could justify the cost of this serum if I really noticed a difference in my skin. But sadly, that’s not the case. After almost two months of use, I can’t rationalize buying another (tiny) bottle of this serum because I just do not see any improvement whatsoever. It’s a shame, because I was hoping this would be my HG vitamin C serum. The search continues . . . .

Mychelle describes this product as a stabelized L ascorbic at 15% along with other antioxidants such as wine phytoalexins. CoQ10, retinol, lycopene, beta carotene, D-beta glucosamine.
I am still up in the air somewhat becauase usually I get a quick glow with C serums; however I have notived increased smoothness, so I am sticking with this product for awhile and will update. Samples are available.