MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.3

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hi Everyone! I just bought this yesterday from Whole Foods, and when I went to use it, the serum came out orange in color. Does that mean it's oxidized? This is my first vitamin c serum purchase, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've read on the internet that color indicates oxidization. Thanks in advance for your help.

One month later . . . I'm adding this to say that I LOVE this product!!! Kristi responded to my post by calling the company and emailing me with their reply that this serum is amber in color. THANK YOU SO MUCH, KRISTI!!! Anyway, Perfect C has lightened my freckles and evened out my complexion like nothing else. A friend of mine saw me after I stepped out of the shower at the Y (no make-up on), and asked me what I'd been doing to my skin. She said that my face now looked like baby skin! I told her that the only thing that I had changed in my routine was adding this Perfect C serum. I ended up giving her the rest of my nearly empty bottle that night so that she could get it right when she ordered it. And I ordered a couple more bottles for myself. Interestingly, the first pump out of the new bottle was clear. No color. The second pump was almost clear; there was a very slight, slight yellow tinge.

I have been using this line for about 6 or so years and I have to say without a doubt this is fantastic stuff. I LOVE the C Serum. I am a total makeup junkie and have tried everything probably in the mainstream market both non-organic and organic. This line is really good quality. I do realize the price is high for the serum. I have to say though that nothing comes close so I use it sparingly. You don't need tons on your face. I have used all their products except the apple line. I am a true fan of this line. They just introduced a mineral makuep line and I am trying the ivory color stick. It is a creamy foundation. I am hoping that it is as great as their products. I am always searching for a decent mineral makup that doesn't make the lines appear more magnifed like BARE MINERALS does! I hate that! The Incredible Pumpkin Peel rocks. That is another favorite of mine. Really whatever you buy will be great as I have complete confidence in this line so the price really is worth it. They also have sales so just watch for those!:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This C Serum makes me break out. But, I've never found a Vitamin C product that doesn't make me break out. This is just another one that I can't use. Otherwise I liked it, but it just doesn't work for me.

This is a nice serum. Smooth, doesn't burn, and has a very high amount of ascorbic acid, unlike most C serums. Price isn't as bad as many of them. However the price is high for the teeeeeeny little bottle. Since I use this as a preventive maintenance thing, I don't see a ton of effect, but I do notice a smoother, more glowy appearance with I do use it. It's very subtle, but it adds a certain healthiness. Just wish it weren't so pricy. Still, for other C serum with similarly high ascorbic acis content, this is comparatively cheap, so I keep buying it. Maintenance item for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I originally got interested in this serum not for me, but for somebody else. I'm a dedicated advocate of the use of Vitamin C and my skin is the living proof of it. I thought that I had tried just about every C serum out there - at least every L-ascorbic acid serum. Somehow, I had overlooked this one and I'm really happy that I've discovered it. If you use a C serum, you know they can sometimes be a little bit gross to use, unless you can afford something like Revive's Arrete C.... To enjoy the benefits, I've put up with serums that often are smelly, sticky, or oily. I've cursed and raved when an expensive serum oxidized before I could finish it. All familiar complaints, si? Drum roll please! This stuff has NONE of those problems and all of the benefits. I love the little white opaque glass pump bottle, too. It's very affordable and readily available at your local Whole Foods.

Wow - my new hg vit C serum !!!! I just love this stuff! It's just the right consistency, not oily, greasy, sticky; doesn't smell bad, and it works ! I'm a Vit C veteran so I would have been perfectly happy to just maintain, but after a few weeks use, my skin is definitely brighter. I also think putting it in an opaque bottle (as opposed to the usual amber one) is just brilliant. I wonder why this isn't de riguer packaging for all C serums.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow, I am very impressed. This is definitely a keeper. I used this at night and morning, every day, (just one drop though) for 2 weeks, and it dramatically evened out my skin tone. I had some minor sun damage and a few other slightly dark areas and this helped tremendously! No irritation, no pore clogging, just great results. I will definitely buy this again. (btw i am 27).

Previously, I used to use Eminence Organics' "Eight Greens Youth Serum", but now that i switched to MyChelle, i noticed much better results. Also, i am reviewing this after 2 weeks, but i noticed great results even after 2 days.

UPDATE: i stopped using this b/c i noticed that after 2-3 weeks it would go bad. (as in, the color would get darker and that means that Vit C isn't as effective. Also, it's super expensive. So now i make my own vitamin C serum from scratch-- i just use 1/4 teaspoon of L-Ascorbic Acid Powder mixed with 3 teaspoons of distilled water and a 1/4 tsp of Vit E natural oil. This new serum works great! i can make a fresh batch every few days and it actually gives much better results than the mychelle. But i do think the MyChelle is much better than most of the serums out there on the market. I just prefer to save money and make my own! :)

UPDATE #2: well, my homemade serum was too strong and burned my skin after a week of use! So i went back to MyChelle and fell in love with it all over again. I find that it calms my skin more than anything. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.... and the dispenser pump is always getting stuck on me so i get mad. but it is great stuff. I want to try Jason's hyper C serum next, since it's cheaper, but if that isn't as nice, i'll come back to MyChelle.