MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.7

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not too impressed by Vitamin C serums in general, but if you want something at a good price point, I think this is a good serum to use. It smells a bit crazy, but is 17% vitamin C (the recommended concentrations for anti-aging usually seems to fall between 10-15%), is packaged well, and comes in an appropriate quantity for a product that is time-sensitive.

Pros: 17% Vitamin C. Lockable pump, airtight cap, and opaque bottle to prevent Vitamin C oxidization. Expensive, but competitive, especially for such a concentrated serum.

Cons: Kind of spits out serum, so you may end up dispensing more than you want if you're not careful when dispensing the serum. I felt I needed only half a pump to more than cover my entire face and neck area.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for about two weeks now. I have sensitive skin and I've developed a light sandpaper rash where I've been using it. I can't seem to use any of MyChelle's products for this same reason. Tried the rosacea serum...got sandpaper rash. Tried the polypeptide cream...Same response.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this serum a bit over a year now. My latest bottle is the new packaging. This is the best C serum I have tried, and it is having noticeable effects on the texture and smoothness of my skin. I ran out a few months ago and didn't bother to buy more, after a few weeks of not using it I noticed the difference - larger pores and more freckles. I went out and got some more and my skin is happy again!

I recently switched to Avalon Organics CoQ10 moisturizer day and night cream and the combo is especially effective - my skin looks really good!