MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This serum is 17% l-ascorbic acid along with buddleja stem cells. This combination is supposed to brighten skin and combat visible signs of aging. I have noticed while using this product is that it dries my skin out. I know that for l-ascorbic acid to be effective it has to be in a pH of 3. I do not know what the pH of this serum is, but there has been no change in my skin at all and I have used several different brands of vitamin c serums over the years. This also smells really bad. I do not know why it contains tangerine and grapefruit oils as citrus oils are known skin irritants.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this serum very, very carefully. First time I used it was after I exfoliated and used a mask. It burned and left my skin sore. Also left patches.
I decided to try it again, only on a day I didn't exfoliate and under my Keihls overnight mask. I've had pretty decent results now. I'll most likely buy this again.

I love this serum better than any other vitamin serum that I have tried so far. I did not expect anything special to come of this serum- I purchased it on a whim while it was on sale. (The price for .5 fl. oz. is $45 is exorbitant and ridiculous, although I am quite impressed with the serum, it is simply not worth $90/fl. oz.) That being said, what I noticed immediately was a change in my skin's texture. My skin was smoother (after only one application) and was definitely more glowy and healthy-looking. At first I could not determine if it was the serum that caused it to feel that way or what, but then I noticed that I had brighter, smoother skin both morning and evening when I used this serum. I am still observing the long-term effects, but I am very content with my purchase and will continue to buy this item in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my main C serum and it is one of my favorite products. It is one of the few serums where I can actually see a definite improvement in the condition of my skin. It brightens/treats/prevents wrinkles and it actually clears my skin rather than break it out. I contacted the company with some questions and they said I only really need to use it once every 3 days since it remains in the skin for that long. I like that it's in a pump but like someone else mentioned, the pump can malfunction and dispense too much serum which is frustrating as the bottle is quite small and expensive.

Eyes: Violet

poor packaging the pump spit stuff everywhere. overpriced for $30 you can get real natural vitamin C poweder or natural fruit masque loaded with it's own fresh enzymes and apply to your face for only fraction of the cost / 10 times for effective. This stuff has alcohol so if your skin doesn't tolerate alcohol very well, stay away like a plaque. It also contains argan oil that has been known to cause break out and pimples for some people especially those with oily acne prone skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This item was RIS and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. The steep price tag always made me shy away from trying it and the reviews on here never made me wish to try it, either. As for the reviewers who say it burns, I've only experienced burning when I've applied it over an open wound, like a pimple that recently was touched. Other than that, I use it only at night and one pump is more than enough. It's rather thick, yellow based liquid that smells "eh", but sinks in, leaving a slight film on one's skin, which is why I think it's best suited for night time use. Plus, the skin does most of it's healing while we sleep, so top notch products should be reserved for night time use.

So far, it hasn't broken me out (I've been using for about a month), it seems to heal existing pimples faster, and it actually seems to be lightening my acne scars and hyperpigmentation. NOTHING has helped with my acne scarring and I've tried so many products, including other topical C products with no apparent results. So far, I've noticed that I use less makeup to feel like I have enough coverage in the mornings, which definitely means my scarring must be diminished.

I'll update with continued use. I'd recommend buying this product when Mychelle has their 50% off sales, which makes it much more affordable (especially if only sing 1x per day). I use their Capillary Calming serum during the day and like that product better than their Clear Skin Serum (which has been reformulated and is much less effective now).

I really like this product. Used in conjunction with other MyChelle products, my skin has transformed. My one and only complaint is how expensive it is for such a small amount. I would purchase this product again and again, but unfortunately I can not always afford to do so.

I like the fact it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. It hasn't inflamed or irritated my skin, it's just that I haven't seen any improvements either. My skin is no more refined or brightened than before I started using it. Plus I dislike the smell on application (smells vinegary to me!)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the few Mychelle products I don't love. I think rather a complaint for this particular product, it's my skin that doesn't like Vit. C serums in general. This clogged my pores and irritated my skin-albeit a mild itchiness, but still enough to bother me. Was lovely to apply though as it sinks in quickly to a satin, non-sticky finish. No offensive smell that lingers past initial application either. To fellow sensitive skin gals, try this with caution!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This came in a small sampler I got for Christmas.
My primary paranoia is large pores. Although C is primarily used during the day, the manual said for an intense night treatment, put the Revitalizing night cream on after. So I did. I put a lot of the Serum on. I waited for it to dry, then I put the moisturizer on.
In the morning, my pores were non-existent. Even the craters of the right side of my nose were shrunk down to nothing, and they were unclogged. My face looked plumper, and so my wrinkles faded out. I was glad as I got to go to a dance Show that was full of beautiful people.

I was told on the boards that effect could last for 48 hours. So I did not apply retinol to my face the next night, I just let it be. This is 17% C. Using it during the day, I put sunscreen on last.