MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

3.6

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

I've used this product for many years (on and off) and it's the one product in my arsenal that makes an instant and noticeable difference in my skin. When I used to use it nightly layered under the Hyaluronic Ultra Hydrating Serum topped with fruit enzyme spray (yes over the serums, not under), people would stop me on the street and ask what products I was using. I tried to substitute this product for less expensive C serums, but I always come back to this one. I only gave it up because of price, but now I realize (in my late 30s) that I have to pony up the dough. I only have one face.

Here's what to expect:

1. Don't try to use this as a daytime serum. It's powerful and effective, but not cosmetically elegant. If you want a C product to use under sunscreen, find another one to use during the day. There are so many that have some C in them and feel just like a primer. Use this in the evening. Every other evening should do.

2. It may sting/tingle any areas of your face that are overly exfoliated, open or raw. It's temporary and should not cause redness.

3. Layer it under one of Mychelle's other serums. I like the Hyaluronic Acid one. But it works just fine on it's own.

4. It may smell odd to you (when I layer this under the HA serum and the Pumpkin Renew Cream - the old formulation - I wake up smelling like fermented fruit).

5. It really, really works on active inflammations and old redness. I have terrible issues with PIH.

6. If you have active rosacea tread lightly in those areas until you know how you will react.

7. Enjoy the glow the very next day.

I love this serum better than any other vitamin serum that I have tried so far. I did not expect anything special to come of this serum- I purchased it on a whim while it was on sale. (The price for .5 fl. oz. is $45 is exorbitant and ridiculous, although I am quite impressed with the serum, it is simply not worth $90/fl. oz.) That being said, what I noticed immediately was a change in my skin's texture. My skin was smoother (after only one application) and was definitely more glowy and healthy-looking. At first I could not determine if it was the serum that caused it to feel that way or what, but then I noticed that I had brighter, smoother skin both morning and evening when I used this serum. I am still observing the long-term effects, but I am very content with my purchase and will continue to buy this item in the future.

The first time I bought this product, it was actually on sale! I put it on my face and it was like a 5 alarm fire! It burned a little but was okay later. The bottle says use 2 pumps but I backed down to one and was just fine. A few problem areas on my face peeled when I first began using it but even after the first use I was AMAZED! This product did do it all for me! My lovely adult acne disappeared, my pores shrunk like nobody's business, and my skin became smooth, clear, and dare I say luminous!? (I wouldn't use too near the eye area though; the skin is too delicate.) I repurchased the other day, not on sale but I still consider it to be a bargain for what it does! I will happily repurchase because my skin is in love and it shows!! : ) Oh, and it does not burn to put it on anymore. It feels like water going on and soaks right into my skin, not sticky. This product is too wonderful to pass up, try it and be amazed!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hi Everyone! I just bought this yesterday from Whole Foods, and when I went to use it, the serum came out orange in color. Does that mean it's oxidized? This is my first vitamin c serum purchase, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've read on the internet that color indicates oxidization. Thanks in advance for your help.

One month later . . . I'm adding this to say that I LOVE this product!!! Kristi responded to my post by calling the company and emailing me with their reply that this serum is amber in color. THANK YOU SO MUCH, KRISTI!!! Anyway, Perfect C has lightened my freckles and evened out my complexion like nothing else. A friend of mine saw me after I stepped out of the shower at the Y (no make-up on), and asked me what I'd been doing to my skin. She said that my face now looked like baby skin! I told her that the only thing that I had changed in my routine was adding this Perfect C serum. I ended up giving her the rest of my nearly empty bottle that night so that she could get it right when she ordered it. And I ordered a couple more bottles for myself. Interestingly, the first pump out of the new bottle was clear. No color. The second pump was almost clear; there was a very slight, slight yellow tinge.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This came in a small sampler I got for Christmas.
My primary paranoia is large pores. Although C is primarily used during the day, the manual said for an intense night treatment, put the Revitalizing night cream on after. So I did. I put a lot of the Serum on. I waited for it to dry, then I put the moisturizer on.
In the morning, my pores were non-existent. Even the craters of the right side of my nose were shrunk down to nothing, and they were unclogged. My face looked plumper, and so my wrinkles faded out. I was glad as I got to go to a dance Show that was full of beautiful people.

I was told on the boards that effect could last for 48 hours. So I did not apply retinol to my face the next night, I just let it be. This is 17% C. Using it during the day, I put sunscreen on last.

This is one of my favorite beauty products of all time. It keeps my acne at bay, helps my sun damaged skin from looking blotchy, makes my skin feel smooth (which also makes it a lot easier so apply makeup with out it getting cakey).
If you're fair skinned with sun damage or acne this is THE HG product for you.

I have been using this line for about 6 or so years and I have to say without a doubt this is fantastic stuff. I LOVE the C Serum. I am a total makeup junkie and have tried everything probably in the mainstream market both non-organic and organic. This line is really good quality. I do realize the price is high for the serum. I have to say though that nothing comes close so I use it sparingly. You don't need tons on your face. I have used all their products except the apple line. I am a true fan of this line. They just introduced a mineral makuep line and I am trying the ivory color stick. It is a creamy foundation. I am hoping that it is as great as their products. I am always searching for a decent mineral makup that doesn't make the lines appear more magnifed like BARE MINERALS does! I hate that! The Incredible Pumpkin Peel rocks. That is another favorite of mine. Really whatever you buy will be great as I have complete confidence in this line so the price really is worth it. They also have sales so just watch for those!:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin. I have had problems with it for at least 20 years. I have searched far and wide for a product that worked consistently. I was doing ok with my previous products, but still had the occasional breakouts, and felt there had to be something out there to improve my skin.

I loved the idea of using a product line that leaves out all the chemical nasties, so I ordered some of this C Serum for a discounted price through the Amazon subscribe service. My skin has never been so clear. I am on my second bottle, and hope results continue for a long, long time. I have had maybe 2 pimples in the last 4 months. Amazing, considering I used to have at least 2 at all times! I was using the C Serum morning and night, but added the Clear Skin Serum about a month ago at night instead of the C Serum because it's much less expensive. But I believe the C Serum is what made all the difference. If you have acne, I highly recommend it. It does NOT help with shine, but at least I'm clear!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that this product is pricey and doesn't last long. However, despite the price, I love this product! I have oily acne prone skin, and whenever I feel like I am getting a pimple, I put this stuff over the spot at night and by daytime it is gone! It doesn't seem to have much effect on my brown post-acne spots, nor does it control oil or anything. However, it seems to be improving the condition of my skin and that is amazing for me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this serum a bit over a year now. My latest bottle is the new packaging. This is the best C serum I have tried, and it is having noticeable effects on the texture and smoothness of my skin. I ran out a few months ago and didn't bother to buy more, after a few weeks of not using it I noticed the difference - larger pores and more freckles. I went out and got some more and my skin is happy again!

I recently switched to Avalon Organics CoQ10 moisturizer day and night cream and the combo is especially effective - my skin looks really good!