MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

3.6

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this product 3 days ago from well.ca.
The first thing that hit me was the stench...fruit gone rotten. I couldn't stand it. The whole day I just wanted to puke. Then when I applied the recommended 2 pumps on my face, it burned like crazy......uuuuuggggh! My face was on fire and I had to wash it off. Left me red and flushed. Sending it back.

Eyes: Violet

poor packaging the pump spit stuff everywhere. overpriced for $30 you can get real natural vitamin C poweder or natural fruit masque loaded with it's own fresh enzymes and apply to your face for only fraction of the cost / 10 times for effective. This stuff has alcohol so if your skin doesn't tolerate alcohol very well, stay away like a plaque. It also contains argan oil that has been known to cause break out and pimples for some people especially those with oily acne prone skin

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This serum is 17% l-ascorbic acid along with buddleja stem cells. This combination is supposed to brighten skin and combat visible signs of aging. I have noticed while using this product is that it dries my skin out. I know that for l-ascorbic acid to be effective it has to be in a pH of 3. I do not know what the pH of this serum is, but there has been no change in my skin at all and I have used several different brands of vitamin c serums over the years. This also smells really bad. I do not know why it contains tangerine and grapefruit oils as citrus oils are known skin irritants.

I have received this as part of an awesome Mychelle sample kit of many good cleansers and creams. The tiny vials of serums are very hard to get the product out of though. This serum did not smell right and I think it is because Vitamin C becomes easily oxidized if it is not stabilized. I will be looking for another Vitamin C option and in the meantime I am buying the full size Mychelle sunshield.

When i first bought this product, the serum was a clearish yellow. After about a couple months, the color had turned a lot more yellow with bits of orange in it. My effective and overly expensive product was oxidized. Throughout the web, it is stated that L-asorbic acid is more harmful than good when oxidized, so i tossed the rest of it out. It's a shame i couldn't wait to see if it even worked.

The perfect C serum is my HG. Within just a few days of use, I noticed visible decrease in my acne and my scars and hyperpigmentation. I use this serum in the am after cleansing with the fruit enzyme cleanser and follow it up with the fruit enzyme mist and the pumpkin renew cream...My skin has never looked so good...
LOVE LOVE mychelle

edit-They have reformulated the c serum and the pumkin renew cream gave me cystic acne :(

I like the fact it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. It hasn't inflamed or irritated my skin, it's just that I haven't seen any improvements either. My skin is no more refined or brightened than before I started using it. Plus I dislike the smell on application (smells vinegary to me!)

I so wanted to love everything in the MyChelle line but I guess it was not meant to be. I started using the Perfect C Serum to see if it would help with sun damage that is starting to appear. I used it diligently for the better part of a year and saw no change in the spots, in fact they seemed to be getting darker. My skin seemed to take to it just fine, but I saw no changes either positive or negative. After a while I got tired of spending so much for such a small bottle and quit using it. In the weeks since, I have noticed that my sun damage spots have actually lightened! Now I'm just annoyed that I wasted the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the few Mychelle products I don't love. I think rather a complaint for this particular product, it's my skin that doesn't like Vit. C serums in general. This clogged my pores and irritated my skin-albeit a mild itchiness, but still enough to bother me. Was lovely to apply though as it sinks in quickly to a satin, non-sticky finish. No offensive smell that lingers past initial application either. To fellow sensitive skin gals, try this with caution!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This C Serum makes me break out. But, I've never found a Vitamin C product that doesn't make me break out. This is just another one that I can't use. Otherwise I liked it, but it just doesn't work for me.