MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

3.6

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Tocomin®), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFlora®), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstin®), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My experience with Mychelle products has been hit or miss, but this C serum is excellent. I've used other C serums that have made me breakout terribly. This one has just the opposite effect. In the six plus weeks of use I've had minimal breakouts, with none in the last three weeks. My reddened rosacea inflamed skin is calmer, and some of my old acne scars are much lighter. I'm hoping with continued use, they disappear. The best result though, has been a reduction in fine lines around my eyes and the vertical wrinkles between my eyes. I am extremely pleased. This is a 17% L-ascorbic acid serum with several other anti-oxidants that comes in a pump bottle. I hate those C serums that come in a dropper bottle, because I'm always afraid of spillage or contamination. A half once cost about $35, which is on par with most C serums.. The directions suggest using twice daily, but I only use it in the morning, under my sunscreen. Two pumps covers my face, neck, and chest. It does seem a little thick and oily, but once I apply it and allow it to soak in my sunscreen and makeup go on fine over it. I will definitely keep using this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow, I am very impressed. This is definitely a keeper. I used this at night and morning, every day, (just one drop though) for 2 weeks, and it dramatically evened out my skin tone. I had some minor sun damage and a few other slightly dark areas and this helped tremendously! No irritation, no pore clogging, just great results. I will definitely buy this again. (btw i am 27).

Previously, I used to use Eminence Organics' "Eight Greens Youth Serum", but now that i switched to MyChelle, i noticed much better results. Also, i am reviewing this after 2 weeks, but i noticed great results even after 2 days.

UPDATE: i stopped using this b/c i noticed that after 2-3 weeks it would go bad. (as in, the color would get darker and that means that Vit C isn't as effective. Also, it's super expensive. So now i make my own vitamin C serum from scratch-- i just use 1/4 teaspoon of L-Ascorbic Acid Powder mixed with 3 teaspoons of distilled water and a 1/4 tsp of Vit E natural oil. This new serum works great! i can make a fresh batch every few days and it actually gives much better results than the mychelle. But i do think the MyChelle is much better than most of the serums out there on the market. I just prefer to save money and make my own! :)

UPDATE #2: well, my homemade serum was too strong and burned my skin after a week of use! So i went back to MyChelle and fell in love with it all over again. I find that it calms my skin more than anything. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.... and the dispenser pump is always getting stuck on me so i get mad. but it is great stuff. I want to try Jason's hyper C serum next, since it's cheaper, but if that isn't as nice, i'll come back to MyChelle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got the sample pack, so tried this for a few day. Ingridients looks good, but the smell (as in all of MyChelle's product) is a bit strong. This C serum smells like alchol to me. Not going to buy the whole product.

UPDATE: i'm so depressed...After a few days of using this, I started to notice irritation around the mouth / nose areas....I guess my skin can't even handle this type of citric acid product....I was so hopeful! I liked the idea of slathering my face with an antioxidant rich serum in addition to my more basic Dr. H regimen....

I don't want to jinx myself, so I've been holding off on reviewing these products...but so far, I am thrilled with this entire line. I feel great about this company and the natural ingredients used in these products and more important, the ingredients NOT in the products. My skin looks fantastic! Its clear, soft, non-reactive, well hydrated but not oily or greasy, well balanced and healthy looking. It really has a glow too it!

I have suffered with cystic acne on and off all through my life since my early 20's--and before I started using this line my skin was really dehydrated and dull with quite a few red marks/scars. I had been using Pevonia which I've heard great things about, but it was awful for my skin and I just decided to go back to basics and stop wasting money on products that were doing nothing for my skin. I went to Whole Foods--never hearing of this line before and reluctantly asked a salesperson for a recommendation. I figured they'd recommend Dr. H, which I don't have any use for and was pleasantly surprised when she said that she didn't really care for that line either. She said that MyChelle was her favorite line and was really helpful in pushing me in the right direction. The sample packs were great, too!! Great idea and I think I've gone back and purchased almost everything I've tried, thus far.

I have been using the Cranberry cleanser, the Fruit cleanser (alternating), the Fruit Mist (not sure what this really does, but it's supposed to be an impt. step in hydrating and balancing ph), Pumpkin Peel (every other day for exfoliation), Perfect C Serum--amazing stuff, Pumpkin Renewal Cream, and the Fabulous Eye Cream.

So far, so good--I am hooked!!!

I really liked this product. I thought it was a bit expensive (which it is) but I wanted an all natural, parben and other ingredient free vitamin C. I have very sensitive skin and I had no trouble with this. I felt my skin looked much better after a month.
The only disappointment to me was that using one or two pumps a day, the jar lasted about 30 days and that means I would have to buy 12 a year which is just too much. If it lasted 90 days, I would be happier. So I am not sure I will get it again. I like most of the mychelle products and my skin looks great.

Wow - my new hg vit C serum !!!! I just love this stuff! It's just the right consistency, not oily, greasy, sticky; doesn't smell bad, and it works ! I'm a Vit C veteran so I would have been perfectly happy to just maintain, but after a few weeks use, my skin is definitely brighter. I also think putting it in an opaque bottle (as opposed to the usual amber one) is just brilliant. I wonder why this isn't de riguer packaging for all C serums.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I originally got interested in this serum not for me, but for somebody else. I'm a dedicated advocate of the use of Vitamin C and my skin is the living proof of it. I thought that I had tried just about every C serum out there - at least every L-ascorbic acid serum. Somehow, I had overlooked this one and I'm really happy that I've discovered it. If you use a C serum, you know they can sometimes be a little bit gross to use, unless you can afford something like Revive's Arrete C.... To enjoy the benefits, I've put up with serums that often are smelly, sticky, or oily. I've cursed and raved when an expensive serum oxidized before I could finish it. All familiar complaints, si? Drum roll please! This stuff has NONE of those problems and all of the benefits. I love the little white opaque glass pump bottle, too. It's very affordable and readily available at your local Whole Foods.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

While not quite Perfect, MyChelle Perfect C Serum is quite nice. For drier or sensitive skins it will generally be problematic. 17% ascorbic acid is fabulous for skin that can manage it; a disaster for skin that can't. Optimally, ascorbic acid serums would be without plant extracts or metals (think zinc and copper...and plant extracts do contain traces of metal). I wouldn't NOT use this serum just because of the plant extracts, but it does make it slightly less desirable. Why? Because the interaction between metals and C creates slight oxidative stress for our skin. Certainly the benefits of ascorbic (even with metals) still outweigh the drawbacks, but it's unfortunate that they'd even be placed in formulation forcing us to choose between optimal formulation and optimal 'x' (ie skinfeel, concentration, cost etc).For my normalish, sometimes resistant, sometimes sensitive skin, this is like a peel......my skin temporarily darkens after 3-4 days of consecutive application, then starts to peel off over the course of the next few days, leaving wonderfully smooth skin underneath. Fine for a peel. Not fine *for me* for ever day use. i have to stick with my skinceuticals AOX 10 (good for acne prones, not emollient at all) or skinceuticals C E Ferulic (very very emollient, not good for acne prones).However, I would whole heartedly recommend this for someone with very resistant and/or oily skin....to be used first thing in the am on clean dry skin....every day.Why don't more companies use a bottle like this? Because opening in the pump allows air in which will over time allow for oxidation to occur. Also, amber bottles are more protective than (even opaque) white bottles. Purchase from a store with stock that turns over quickly, use it at a rate of 1 pump per day, and it should be fine. Keeping it in the fridge would extend it's life. Dispensing it into the tiny Skinceuticals sample size amber bottles and keeping it in the fridge would extend it's life even further. Regardless of the C serum I'm using, it always gets divided into those tiny little amber goodies, then all are kept in the fridge, the exception being the one I'm currently using, which is kept in my drawer in my bathroom.If you're stick of spending the $$$$ on Skin Medica and Skinceuticals AND you have strong and/or resistant and/or oily skin this would be a great L-Ascorbic Acid serum to try. And to be able to buy locally is such a bonus - especially if you can purchase from a locally owned health food store.Ingredients
Aqua, Hammamelis Extract, L-Ascorbic Acid, Wine Phytoalexins, Retinol/ Glycolic Acid Polymer Complex, Glycerol, L-Castor Oil, Methyl Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Tangerine and Grapefruit Essential Oils, CoQ10, Lycopene, Sandalwood Essential Oil, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum, D-Beta Glucosamine, D-Beta Fructan, Amino-Guanidine.

Directions
Apply the amount of two calibrated pumps to the face. Sensitive skin continued >>

Mychelle describes this product as a stabelized L ascorbic at 15% along with other antioxidants such as wine phytoalexins. CoQ10, retinol, lycopene, beta carotene, D-beta glucosamine.
I am still up in the air somewhat becauase usually I get a quick glow with C serums; however I have notived increased smoothness, so I am sticking with this product for awhile and will update. Samples are available.